Baldy's one breakdown from Bears game

JÂy RÛßeÒ

8 hours ago, Success said:

Motor & Cook running effectively is absolutely the key to getting that elusive title, imo.  

The Bills are still largely seen as a 1-man team on offense.  That really can't be the case if we want to have a playoff run through the current AFC.

A running game helps you in so many different ways

It keeps an opposing office off the field, twiddling their thumbs

It chews clock whenever you have a lead

You’re a QB takes less hits

It forces defenses to play in the box opening things up downfield

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Success said:

Motor & Cook running effectively is absolutely the key to getting that elusive title, imo.  

The Bills are still largely seen as a 1-man team on offense.  That really can't be the case if we want to have a playoff run through the current AFC.

There is no telling how dangerous Allen will be if he has a solid run game complimenting him.  The Bills are developing a nice set of weapons with Cook and Motor.

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

Let them think this all the way through the playoffs and maybe we catch a team off guard.  We can run the football.  We just dont.

The only thing that gives me pause is that Chicago has a pretty bad defensive front.  I’d like to see what the Bills OL can do against a better defensive.  Hopefully the Chicago game will kickstart them

• Agree 1

14 hours ago, Success said:

Cook goes by: "Himbo"

Motor & Himbo!

9 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Yea you have to attack this defense thru the air.  

Their best CB is out.  Their DEs are banged up and 1 is out.  

Running on the Bears is one thing.  The stats say when Reader plays you can’t run on them.   

Yet Kansas City ran for 138 yds on them, but passed for only 223 yds.  This was Week 13, DJ Reader played 73% of the snaps.

(138 yds is well above league average, KC's average, and the Bengals D average with Reader playing)

1 hour ago, Beck Water said:

Yet Kansas City ran for 138 yds on them, but passed for only 223 yds.  This was Week 13, DJ Reader played 73% of the snaps.

(138 yds is well above league average, KC's average, and the Bengals D average with Reader playing)

It’s the defense they play vs KC.  They will invite it and will test our patience.    

Will most likely be the same way they play us.

And KC didn’t exactly run its way to victory.  

Mahomes wasn’t very good - but all that said they were a missed FG (horrible call to kick it) and Kelce fumble away from it being a totally different finish.  

Edited by Big Blitz

2 hours ago, JohnNord said:

The only thing that gives me pause is that Chicago has a pretty bad defensive front.  I’d like to see what the Bills OL can do against a better defensive.  Hopefully the Chicago game will kickstart them

Well I dont think we are going to run again like we did in Chicago.  Im just saying we can have some success running the football.  Both Motor and Cook have had some nice runs in a lot of games but we are a passing team.

3 hours ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

The only thing I can take away from this game is that Tyrod Taylor has better field vision and passing ability than Fields. I kept telling Bears fans all week to sign or draft a new QB after the season or you will be stuck in 3 years of hell like we were.

He look like a snobby ####### whenever they were asking him about Josh Allen before the game. I was not impressed with fields at all.

23 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Well I dont think we are going to run again like we did in Chicago.  Im just saying we can have some success running the football.  Both Motor and Cook have had some nice runs in a lot of games but we are a passing team.

I don’t think we’re going to run for 250 yards against the Bengals either but we really don’t need to. We have ran for over 100 yards in every game this season.

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Bad Things said:

Motorin'!

I've been a fan of Motor since he was drafted by the Bills, but I swear he looked quicker against the Bears, than I've seen in a while.

James Cook also seemed faster.

Hopefully a sign of good things to come!

(But may have only been an indicator of how bad Da Bears run defense is.)

I agree.  They may have very well have looked, (And actually were) "quicker" and "faster" because on a near frozen field, the offensive player will have a greater advantage, (With regard to footing and the ability to respond / adjust) over his defensive counterpart. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.