NFL grants YouTube TV exclusive NFL Sunday Ticket rights in the US starting in 2023(deal worth $2B+)

Big Turk

11 minutes ago, SoMAn said:

So, here’s my story: 

Been dying for good wings in metro Atlanta - the kind we used to get in WNY.  I was going to be in the Alpharetta/Roswell (northern burbs) area so decided to give The Standard a try. 
One of the worst culinary experiences I’ve ever had. 
Ordered a cold beer and 10 hot wings, requested they be ‘crispy’. 
10 minutes later my rubbery-skin mild wings arrived. I flagged down the server and requested the crispy hot wings I ordered. Yes, I was polite. I don’t treat servers poorly. I asked for hot sauce on the side.
He said it would be another 10 minutes. I said, ‘fine’. 
He brought the wings, only somewhat crispy. 
I’m guessing the word ‘crispy’ is as foreign to Generation Z as is cursive writing and multiplication tables. 
One bite and I couldn’t talk when he asked if I wanted anything else. All I could do was point to my beer. It was as if the guy in the kitchen decided, “I’ll show that unhappy MF customer”.  The sauce was like a ghost pepper sauce sprinkled with cayenne. It felt like my face was on fire. Understand, when the choices for wings are hot, medium, or mild, hot is my usual choice. This was more like what some places call suicidal or nuclear.
But, they did include that cute little sprinkling of chopped parsley leaves over the wings and pink blue cheese. 😒.  The cook must be a Bobby Flay fan. 

I had one more wing before I said the hell with it. The jerk server absolutely didn’t GAF when I asked him to thank the chef for ruining my lunch. The guy was unapologetic and acted as if my being there was an imposition. 
It was $10 to park nearby since their lot only held about 6 cars.  So, between wings, 2 beers, the parking, and tip, basically I paid almost $40 for 3 horrible wings and a couple of PBRs.  
Needless to say I’ve the Standard at Roswell has been crossed off my possible list of local Bills Backers bars.
Maybe some of you like those kind of wings. 
If that’s their usual recipe, they’re NOT what we know and love from from Duff’s, Gabriel’s Gate, Rooties, Bar Bill, etc. 

Did you sign up for the Loyalty Program before you left?  😋

If you find yourself around the Vinings, try St Angelo’s wings. No, it’s not Duffs, but the owner is from WNY and they are better than most I’ve found around here. The sauce is good and you don’t usually have to mention crispy. The automatically come “wet” or “sloppy” or whatever places like to call it. I’d be curious about your thoughts. That’s my neck of the woods so it’s my go to for wings and often their pizza. 

3 minutes ago, Augie said:

Did you sign up for the Loyalty Program before you left?  😋

If you find yourself around the Vinings, try St Angelo’s wings. No, it’s not Duffs, but the owner is from WNY and they are better than most I’ve found around here. The sauce is good and you don’t usually have to mention crispy. The automatically come “wet” or “sloppy” or whatever places like to call it. I’d be curious about your thoughts. That’s my neck of the woods so it’s my go to for wings and often their pizza. 

Thanks for the reminder about the Loyalty program. I completely forgot to ask my friendly server for the application. 
Years ago we used to go to Bella’s Pizza at Atlanta Rd and Paces Ferry for their Wednesday night jams. That’s in your neck of the woods too. Guessing you’ve been there too. 
Enjoy the coming season. Maybe we’ll manage to get together for one of the games. Go Bills!

4 minutes ago, SoMAn said:

Thanks for the reminder about the Loyalty program. I completely forgot to ask my friendly server for the application. 
Years ago we used to go to Bella’s Pizza at Atlanta Rd and Paces Ferry for their Wednesday night jams. That’s in your neck of the woods too. Guessing you’ve been there too. 
Enjoy the coming season. Maybe we’ll manage to get together for one of the games. Go Bills!

Bella’s is almost across the street. Bella is also the name of our 3 month old Golden pup. Pure coincidence. I could walk there but I don’t relish crossing Atlanta Rd. One of our neighbors got killed coming back from there a few years ago. It was dusk and some kid just didn’t see him. 

I’ve been to Bella’s (which is OK) and I opt to go a mile or two south to St Angelo’s both for pizza and wings. No jam sessions, I’m afraid. 

Maybe we can order from St Angelo’s and do a game here some week. We’ve got some local folks!  If I’m going to have people around me on a game day, they need to be Bills people! 

As @Royale with Cheese said, the energy at Whitehall is awesome! That’s a fact. I just can’t do that all the time. We have a pretty nice setup and I like the advantages of home. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Somewhat glad the Bills aren't playing today as gives me a "practice week" with using the YTTV interface and figuring it all out.  Likely will be very straight forward, but just in case it's not, won't be in panic mode.

It’s pretty straight forward what’s missing is the multi mix channels we had which when Bills weren’t on gave me lots of choices to follow

11 minutes ago, Xwnyer said:

It’s pretty straight forward what’s missing is the multi mix channels we had which when Bills weren’t on gave me lots of choices to follow

Yes see there's a bout 10 choices of which multi view games you want to watch.  Would prefer a list of all the games and let me just put a check mark on the ones I want, then hit OK to those I selected.  This setup is a bit confusing to notice the differences.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Yes see there's a bout 10 choices of which multi view games you want to watch.  Would prefer a list of all the games and let me just put a check mark on the ones I want, then hit OK to those I selected.  This setup is a bit confusing to notice the differences.

Espn plus let’s ya do that did it yesterday watching NCAA a football.  So far switching from mix to, full screen is slow on YTTV.  

Edited by Xwnyer

2 minutes ago, Steptide said:

I actually disagree. I can just go to my "home" menu on yt tv and all the games are right there. 

Wasn’t hard to find games using home feature.  Will be interesting to see responses from folks on how well YTTV did this weekend in handling the load.   I think sports bars still have directv NFLST 

The Audio switching in the mix channels a little slower than we had with DTV abut do like the DVR a pause feature allowed me to synch the last reason game with OTA a SiriusXM radio feed

9 minutes ago, Xwnyer said:

Espn plus let’s ya do that did it yesterday watching NCAA a football.  So far switching from mix to, full screen is slow on YTTV.  

Can't complain about the speed on mine, but that's likely an issue of speed each user has based on area usage.

Is kind of funny in multi view seeing the same commercials in the same order, at a slightly different time

1 minute ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Can't complain about the speed on mine, but that's likely an issue of speed each user has based on area usage.

Is kind of funny in multi view seeing the same commercials in the same order, at a slightly different time

It’s is funny doing that 

22 minutes ago, Steptide said:

I actually disagree. I can just go to my "home" menu on yt tv and all the games are right there. 

I still like the old way, but this will just take getting used to. One thing I don’t understand is that it offers a multiview a four or three games, but they don’t have every combination possible. They have about eight of each.

Just realized if you choose a specific game you can then choose a multi view to see it in with different mix options.  The espn plus feature is better from my view

1 minute ago, Doc said:

I still like the old way, but this will just take getting used to. One thing I don’t understand is that it offers a multiview a four or three games, but they don’t have every combination possible. They have about eight of each.

Maybe we need to send feedback to YTTV a to do like espn plus to allow the adding or subtraction of games in selected multi views

• Agree 1

Wonder if the networks like or dislike the competing 4:25 games starts?  Other than the first and last week of the season, only one coast to coast 4:25 game each week.

Having exclusive viewing at 4:25 is better, but is still getting some viewership each week by showing a late game better than no viewership when no game is on?  Could be bad later in the season if it turns out one of the networks has a bad game, likely more games would get flexed if both networks could show late games.

2 minutes ago, Xwnyer said:

Just realized if you choose a specific game you can then choose a multi view to see it in with different mix options.  The espn plus feature is better from my view

Maybe we need to send feedback to YTTV a to do like espn plus to allow the adding or subtraction of games in selected multi views

Yeah, I realized that if you click on one game it uses that as the base for the rest of the multiview options.  But again they don’t offer every option. 

7 minutes ago, Xwnyer said:

How do you do that?  Would be nice if YTTV set out an email tomorrow asking users for feedback.

I'm watching the Bengals Browns game and it appears the audio is about one second ahead of the video.  The last play the announcer was saying "And Watson is hit" before he was actually hit.

Just now, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

How do you do that?  Would be nice if YTTV set out an email tomorrow asking users for feedback.

I'm watching the Bengals Browns game and it appears the audio is about one second ahead of the video.  The last play the announcer was saying "And Watson is hit" before he was actually hit.

I have that game in the mix haven’t noticed but will switch over to see

11 minutes ago, Doc said:

I'm sure they'll work it out eventually. Someone mentioned they'd like to be able to pick 4 games to watch in multi view, which would be pretty nice 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.