Buffalo Snow / Weather Situation ?????

CANBUFF72

1 minute ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

Winter has been going through March and into mid April for the last few years...I am pretty sure we hit the 30s overnight the last couple May 1sts

It does tend to hang on longer lately but it's broken up in April at least. 

If anything it's backwards: March is always warm for a week or so (like 60's and 70's) then April is winter again. 

2 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Yeah the clouds are what get me...Buffalo is cloudy in winter a whopping 96% of the time. No wonder why so many seem to have Seasonal Mood Disorder.

the clouds are brutal. The perpetual gloom in winter is like living on an ocean island at times 

Edited by TheFunPolice

2 minutes ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

Winter has been going through March and into mid April for the last few years...I am pretty sure we hit the 30s overnight the last couple May 1sts

Don't forget the one March where we had extreme warmth with record highs in the 80s for 3 or 4 days straight and then a number of days in the 70s too...became the most above normal for any month in the history of Buffalo weather keeping at almost 15 degrees above normal.  It was so warm, in fact, that April was several degrees cooler.

2 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

It does tend to hang on longer lately but it's broken up in April at least. 

If anything it's backwards: March is always warm for a week or so (like 60's and 70's) then April is winter again. 

the clouds are brutal. The perpetual gloom in winter is like living on an ocean island at times 

Agree...it gets to a point where you wake up and get excited when you see the sun.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

Don't forget the one March where we had extreme warmth with record highs in the 80s for 3 or 4 days straight and then a number of days in the 70s too...became the most above normal for any month in the history of Buffalo weather keeping at almost 15 degrees above normal.  It was so warm, in fact, that April was several degrees cooler.

that's been a pattern, although it was worse that year...

PITA for farmers, especially fruit orchards around here, when everything wakes up in March only to face winter in April

Edited by TheFunPolice

9 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Seems like you don't belong in dodge. Educate yourself. Ignorance is one thing.  You now have an option not to be willfully ignorant.

"Low levels of vitamin D, caused by low dietary intake of the vitamin or not enough exposure to sunshine, have been found in people with SAD. "

lol.  What prompted that?  Maybe if I left out “no offense” you wouldn’t have gotten so offended and became triggered.  It wasn’t meant in that way.  Apologies. 

I know all of this.  It’s one of the reasons I moved away and have decided to stay away.  Watching every home game live wasn’t lure enough.  I made the choice to work outside in Las Vegas for the last 24 years because the sun is good for the soul and the mind

18 minutes ago, NewEra said:

lol.  What prompted that?  Maybe if I left out “no offense” you wouldn’t have gotten so offended and became triggered.  It wasn’t meant in that way.  Apologies. 

I know all of this.  It’s one of the reasons I moved away and have decided to stay away.  Watching every home game live wasn’t lure enough.  I made the choice to work outside in Las Vegas for the last 24 years because the sun is good for the soul and the mind

My fault...I read it wrong as  in you were saying gtfo out of dodge with what I said. 😂 I detract my statement...

Not going to lie...the wife and I have talked about being Florida Snowbirds once the kids graduate school.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, nucci said:

Can't throw the ball when it's raining?

Of course teams can throw in the rain.  White had a huge game a couple weeks ago in the rain.   The "Ugggg"  was more about sitting in the rain.   If the winds are 10-15mph as now predicted (at least on the weather.com app, with rain, then yes, I think passing can be challenging and controlling the ball with a strong running game could benefit the team.  I think the Bills win regardless of the weather.  

Just now, chaccof said:

Of course teams can throw in the rain.  White had a huge game a couple weeks ago in the rain.   The "Ugggg"  was more about sitting in the rain.   If the winds are 10-15mph as now predicted (at least on the weather.com app, with rain, then yes, I think passing can be challenging and controlling the ball with a strong running game could benefit the team.  I think the Bills win regardless of the weather.  

ahhh, ok. Sorry. I remember when I used to go...loved those 40 degree pouring rain days

On 12/5/2022 at 11:58 AM, djp14150 said:

Not looking forward to that for the Miami game. Usually park at ECC south lot 

if some equipment came to make it flat and build ice stairs…….

I did a drive around ECC for this exact reason. 

Lot A of ECC south is completely blocked. (Lot farthest from stadium)

lot E had a row or two blocked

lot F has one row blocked. 

it shouldn’t be too much of an issue. 

1 hour ago, CountDorkula said:

I did a drive around ECC for this exact reason. 

Lot A of ECC south is completely blocked. (Lot farthest from stadium)

lot E had a row or two blocked

lot F has one row blocked. 

it shouldn’t be too much of an issue. 

I’m referring to walking over.

i don’t recall what lot it is. I’m not the driver.  I think it is lot E we park in.

To the stadium you have a grass field with a draining dip in it, thrn you cross the street, and into the stadium lot.

i read that they dumped much of the excess snow into that grass field

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.