Buffalo Snow / Weather Situation ?????

CANBUFF72

1 hour ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

It sounds like a terrible quality of life.

Is this why all of the old farts moved down to Florida?

It’s why I want to move BACK to Florida. We lost years of sunshine, and we want to be with each other. 😋

I’d love a summer/fall place in WNY. Still love the area, but I don’t want to be cold for long periods of time. 

14 minutes ago, Beast said:

They are calling for earthquakes Sunday at game time. Should effect the Jets ground game:

I think that’s just the train horn. I am against both earthquakes and train horns. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 2

29 minutes ago, Augie said:

It’s why I want to move BACK to Florida. We lost years of sunshine, and we want to be with each other. 😋

I’d love a summer/fall place in WNY. Still love the area, but I don’t want to be cold for long periods of time. 

I think that’s just the train horn. I am against both earthquakes and train horns. 

Bring back the stampeding buffalo herd!

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

Winter is a little rough, but we have the best summers of anywhere in the US. Sunny, warm but not super hot and a nice breeze.

Not gonna lie...have talked about being in Florida from after Thanksgiving to March once the kids graduate from high school...that's a while away tho.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, BUFFALOTONE said:

Try about double that, with taxes and fees $952. This is for section 214 Row 10. I love my kid but that's a $3000 nut before I buy a beer, need 3 seats. 

Looked at the same and couldn't believe the price... Year ago much cheaper but this is a big game.   Will have to rough it in the lower bowl...

6 minutes ago, fan_in_tx said:

Looked at the same and couldn't believe the price... Year ago much cheaper but this is a big game.   Will have to rough it in the lower bowl...

I haven’t followed along, so this may be out of context, but don’t let the upper bowl scare you. I used to be a “ticket snob” as we grew up with good seats. When I went back I figured the ticket was just one drop in the travel bucket, so go all out - it’s the reason you are there. 

A few years back I spent a game in the upper deck and the views were great. I hope they are equally good in the next stadium……downtown under the dome. 

Is that an automatic ban for mentioning that at this point? 

• Haha (+1) 2

12 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Ticketmaster with 3 in 214 row 3 at $526 per after fees right now.....

I’ve heard the heat doesn’t reach row 3. Some folks mentioned Row 7 and back…

8 hours ago, Augie said:

I haven’t followed along, so this may be out of context, but don’t let the upper bowl scare you. I used to be a “ticket snob” as we grew up with good seats. When I went back I figured the ticket was just one drop in the travel bucket, so go all out - it’s the reason you are there. 

A few years back I spent a game in the upper deck and the views were great. I hope they are equally good in the next stadium……downtown under the dome. 

Hey bud, it’s more for my son. Trying to stay out of the elements if I can. If it was just me then I would already have 100 or 300 level tickets. 

24 minutes ago, BUFFALOTONE said:

I’ve heard the heat doesn’t reach row 3. Some folks mentioned Row 7 and back…

Hey bud, it’s more for my son. Trying to stay out of the elements if I can. If it was just me then I would already have 100 or 300 level tickets. 

With the hundreds saved can get a nice down jacket!

Plus, it's hard to imagine that those french fry lights are that efficient or precise.

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

With the hundreds saved can get a nice down jacket!

Plus, it's hard to imagine that those french fry lights are that efficient or precise.

they don't suck...higher up ya go, closer you are , better they are. Being able to get out of the cold in the heat of the club is really a huge advantage too.

Best part about the club is tipping your bartender well early, run a tab, and you will always get your beers first in a crowded situation!

10 hours ago, Augie said:

My nephew has upper bowl seats and loves them...  So no seat shaming here! 

16 hours ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

1) And yet it's not..........winter tends to make the world feel smaller and subsequently brings people together and bonds them to their area.........like bad officiating does to fans and their teams.

2) Yes, if they aren't Cuban and you run into them in a Publix there is a good chance they are from those cities(SLC and Portland aside, those people are in Arizona).

• Like (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

1) And yet it's not..........winter tends to make the world feel smaller and subsequently brings people together and bonds them to their area.........like bad officiating does to fans and their teams.

2) Yes, if they aren't Cuban and you run into them in a Publix there is a good chance they are from those cities(SLC and Portland aside, those people are in Arizona).

Around February tho, people start getting really antsy for winter to be over...

Can't imagine what it must be like in places like Alaska where you don't see light for 2-3 months at a time.

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/5/2022 at 3:42 PM, Gen2 said:

An old school tip from my Rockpile days, put on a pair of thin socks, then slip your feet into bread bags (take out the bread first) then a pair of thick socks then your shoes/boots. Guaranteed to keep your feet warm through the fourth quarter.

or

you can get yourself some of those new-fangled fancy pantsy electric socks.

Right on!  I remember my mom used to make us put our feet in bread bags before we put on our boots when we would go out to play.  

it's 50 degrees today in Buffalo. December 7.

A little high, but pretty typical for December for years now. 

"Buffalo winter" begins in January and goes through early March. I mean, it's cloudy, foggy, and rainy for months though, which is far from "nice." 

The occasional big snowstorms make headlines and capture peoples' 3 second attention spans, but winter in WNY is not all that bad snow/cold wise. 

The big weather variable in Orchard Park is always the wind.  Wind makes a huge impact and it's only predicted to be 5-10mph for this Jets game.  There's no major issue throwing in the rain if winds are light.  Just look at the Jets game a couple weeks ago vs Chicago.  It was a friggin downpour at MetLife and Mike White threw 78% completion, 315 yards and 3 TD's.  He had no issues.

3 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

"Buffalo winter" begins in January and goes through early March. I mean, it's cloudy, foggy, and rainy for months though, which is far from "nice." 

The occasional big snowstorms make headlines and capture peoples' 3 second attention spans, but winter in WNY is not all that bad snow/cold wise. 

Yeah the clouds are what get me...Buffalo is cloudy in winter a whopping 96% of the time. No wonder why so many seem to have Seasonal Mood Disorder.

2 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

Winter has been going through March and into mid April for the last few years...I am pretty sure we hit the 30s overnight the last couple May 1sts

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.