Buffalo Snow / Weather Situation ?????

CANBUFF72

1 hour ago, BillsFan4 said:

Most of the streets were cleaned within a day or two of the storm anyway. Buffalo is very efficient at snow removal. We know how to handle a snowstorm.

Yeah I'm told da players removed all da snow by demsvelves...........that's da only reason da two Detroit games was even close.

4u7iiq.png

• Haha (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, BUFFALOTONE said:

Thanks Wiz, this sounds more and more like I need to take him in September/October. 😗

Re: club level. Rows 1-7 not as protected as higher rows. Had seats in row 8 for Vikings game and had good protection from wind and precip. Overhead heating helped, too.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

I will say with the Lake being at record warm temps or near it still, Lake Effect Snow can kinda of "come out of nowhere" so to speak, so take any forecast over 5-7 days with a grain of salt.

Welcome to Buffalo in the winter...one random day of sun, mixed in with cloudiness. My most hated part of winter here.

image.thumb.png.441ebe8c1826b6db8ff450b95fd1c1da.png

The worst is the rain.

Snow all it wants but when it rains in December/January, life is miserable.

I remember going to a game against the Giants in 07 I think where it was pouring all game, both teams could only score going one way because of the rain and wind.

Made it to the 3rd qtr before we sat in the lot and watched the rest on someone's tv because it was so miserable.

53 minutes ago, BUFFALOTONE said:

Instead of starting a new thread I figured I would piggy-back off my Canadian friend here. My 10-year-old son is begging for me to take him to the Bills/Fins game, he's a South FLA kid and doesn't know the cold other than a few trips to Buffalo here and there.

My questions are more along the lines of where to sit to try and lessen the effects of the elements if that's possible. My cousin keeps mentioning heated seats in the stadium (no clue what section) and seeing the weather is going to be low 30s but subject to change what are the best layering options for hands and feet?  I have warned him it's going to be miserable cold, and we aren't flying from FLA, buying Tix and so forth to leave at half time. He says he wants to go... any advice is welcomed. 

Thanks Tony

As mentioned, Club seats , but has to be row 7 and back to really feel any of the effects of the heaters. But as a bonus, the club itself is warm so can always go in there and warm up, which is not an option anywhere else in stadium. 

49 minutes ago, fan_in_tx said:

If I can add this thread... .My family and I will be traveling from TX to the Jet's game... . .Long time diehard Bills fan and would information on which LOT park in for easy access to stadium but most importantly to get out quick after game and head to airport.   Looking on Maps it appears Lot 5/ Lot 6 would be easiest to exit and get on Abbot to head to airport.. .Was wondering if Lot 4 has access to Abbot as well to go north towards airport and 219..  Any suggestions anyone can share is appreciated.. I have a flight at 6pm on Sunday that I need to catch...   

Look on a map and try to find a lot on Southwestern near California. @mrags can tell you more about this. 6 is cutting it really damn close. You prolly want to leave before end of game in a close game. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

As mentioned, Club seats , but has to be row 7 and back to really feel any of the effects of the heaters. But as a bonus, the club itself is warm so can always go in there and warm up, which is not an option anywhere else in stadium. 

Look on a map and try to find a lot on Southwestern near California. @mrags can tell you more about this. 6 is cutting it really damn close. You prolly want to leave before end of game in a close game. 

Thanks, for clarity all 200 Level is the Club correct? I have only sat in 300's.  

13 minutes ago, BUFFALOTONE said:

Thanks, for clarity all 200 Level is the Club correct? I have only sat in 300's.  

No! Endzone 200 level is not heated. You want 206-216 and on the other side 229-232 or 235-238. As others have said row 7 or higher gets the effects of the heating lamps and the club bar area is nice and toasty for in between quarters or halftime. Prepare for sticker shock as many others have the same idea.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, QCity said:

No! Endzone 200 level is not heated. You want 206-216 and on the other side 229-232 or 235-238. As others have said row 7 or higher gets the effects of the heating lamps and the club bar area is nice and toasty for in between quarters or halftime. Prepare for sticker shock as many others have the same idea.

Bingo. I would assume a minimum of $500 per in the club seats, higher if you want them under the heater. And that waiting till Friday night before game. 

3 hours ago, The Wiz said:

The worst is the rain.

Snow all it wants but when it rains in December/January, life is miserable.

I remember going to a game against the Giants in 07 I think where it was pouring all game, both teams could only score going one way because of the rain and wind.

Made it to the 3rd qtr before we sat in the lot and watched the rest on someone's tv because it was so miserable.

Just the non-stop cloud cover does it for me...there are times you won't see the sun for a week or two.  No surprise that I found Buffalo is the cloudiest city in the US during winter. A stunning 96% of all winter days. Rochester and Cleveland aren't much better tho.

image.thumb.png.5fdabe3d8b4aa8a8916155d05a110d75.png

Edited by Big Turk

An old school tip from my Rockpile days, put on a pair of thin socks, then slip your feet into bread bags (take out the bread first) then a pair of thick socks then your shoes/boots. Guaranteed to keep your feet warm through the fourth quarter.

or

you can get yourself some of those new-fangled fancy pantsy electric socks.

28 minutes ago, QCity said:

Thanks, really helpful. This will ease the wife's concerns a little bit. 

1 minute ago, Gen2 said:

An old school tip from my Rockpile days, put on a pair of thin socks, then slip your feet into bread bags (take out the bread first) then a pair of thick socks then your shoes/boots. Guaranteed to keep your feet warm through the fourth quarter.

or

you can get yourself some of those new-fangled fancy pantsy electric socks.

I have heard of the plastic bag trick, sheer genius.  

28 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Bingo. I would assume a minimum of $500 per in the club seats, higher if you want them under the heater. And that waiting till Friday night before game. 

Try about double that, with taxes and fees $952. This is for section 214 Row 10. I love my kid but that's a $3000 nut before I buy a beer, need 3 seats. 

9 minutes ago, BUFFALOTONE said:

Try about double that, with taxes and fees $952. This is for section 214 Row 10. I love my kid but that's a $3000 nut before I buy a beer, need 3 seats. 

Haha. Yea, that’s a hard one to take. Prolly a nice island a 20 minute flight from you , go have a blast jet skiing etc and staying in a 5 star and watch in TV lol. 

btw, that will get closer to $500-$600 as game gets closer, but damn tough to come all this way without tickets! 

5 hours ago, RangerDave said:

Really hard to say.  One game we waited an hour just to get out of the parking lot.  It was a night game, though.  Then, one game I got super lucky and don't think I ever came to a complete stop on my way out.  That was a 1 PM game.

Best to play it by ear and be prepared to leave early to avoid the crush of cars leaving.

Also, getting to the game very early usually results in getting a parking spot closer to the exits.  Late comers get the spots in the way back in my experience.

Good luck!

Thanks Planning on the early arrival.... Much appreciated

5 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

Much appreciated @mrags any advice/input to add here.   Agreed on we may need to leave early.. thanks !

5 minutes ago, fan_in_tx said:

Thanks Planning on the early arrival.... Much appreciated

here is a good, albeit pre-covid map of lots around the stadium. I assume these are all still open

Se that lot at the corner of Southwestern and California? The California Lot? That is where you want to be. Right turn out of the lot, Southwestern turns onto Transit, takes you right to the airport.

There may actually be another lot on the other side of California now, would make it even easier. I have no idea on pricing and availability over there...so cannot give any advice on that. 

One piece of advice for any private lot..BRING CASH! many, like the @Hammered a Lot are cash only!

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Just the non-stop cloud cover does it for me...there are times you won't see the sun for a week or two.  No surprise that I found Buffalo is the cloudiest city in the US during winter. A stunning 96% of all winter days. Rochester and Cleveland aren't much better tho.

image.thumb.png.5fdabe3d8b4aa8a8916155d05a110d75.png

It sounds like a terrible quality of life.

Is this why all of the old farts moved down to Florida?

3 hours ago, BUFFALOTONE said:

oh dang.  That’s a lot of coin.

Thing with sports is, your team can lose ;)  Which can dampen the experience over, say, a concert where you’re pretty much guaranteed to walk away with a “win” (seeing a band you like and some great music).  Well, unless a band member is drunk and they play 7 songs then leave or something.

Personally for that $ I’d come for a playoff game vs a regular season game, BUT… then you gotta weigh the pros and cons of that too, if you can even go, etc.   

Are you open to sitting in the 100s somewhere?  Or is it clubs or nothing?

3 hours ago, BUFFALOTONE said:

Ticketmaster with 3 in 214 row 3 at $526 per after fees right now.....

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.