JA is playing for the Bills and Dolphins...

Just Jack

according to this article.

Bills' Josh Allen just set a never-before-seen QB record in history (clutchpoints.com)

Just in case they do see their mistake and change it, here's the sentence....

Meanwhile, the Bills are doing their best to hold off the hard charging Miami Dolphins, a team that’s won their past five games, with Josh Allen at the center of their efforts. The Dolphins will face the San Francisco 49ers on Sunday in a huge matchup that could have playoff seeding repercussions.

The comma before "with Josh Allen as the center of their efforts" makes the sentence technically correct, separating the phrase from the previous one about the Dolphins. If the comma were not there, then yes, the sentence woudl be saying that Allen is the center of the Miami efforts. 

As it is, it is poorly constructed and somewhat ambiguous, but grammatically correct.

I taught writing in a university for forty years, and I stayed in a Holiday Inn Express. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Just Jack said:

according to this article.

Bills' Josh Allen just set a never-before-seen QB record in history (clutchpoints.com)

Just in case they do see their mistake and change it, here's the sentence....

It's a poorly constructed sentence, as Dr. K explained. The web site is simply hoping to make a zillion bucks on the backs of sports junkies, but I doubt they will ever compete with the likes of real news organizations. I'm sorry I clicked on the link. 

2 hours ago, Just Jack said:

Meanwhile, the Bills are doing their best to hold off the hard charging Miami Dolphins, a team that’s won their past five games, with Josh Allen at the center of their efforts.

Funny, I could have sworn Mitch Morse was at the center of our efforts.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.