OL Pass blocking was terrible times vs. NE & Drops - But a comfortable win

Billsfan1972

16 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Just refuting garbage responses.  So 5 drops a game is normal according to you?  The Bills amassing 355 yards is a good yardstick for this offense?  24 points is a great offensive performance?

My expectations are higher.

Happybwith win, however was just okay.

Context...... The co.ment above was highlighting the importance of Josh.

Every game is its own animal. The Bills did what the needed to do to win this game and did so in dominant fashion.

Whether or not it meets some standard you want doesn't matter. All that matters is they keep stacking dubs. After 3 games in 12 days, all on the road and having dealt with crazy situations no other team has to deal with for the first half of it, I'll cut them some slack.

I know you are probably one of those Madden guys who believes none of that real life stuff has any effect on performance, but unlike in the game, in real life it actually does.

If the Bills wanted to put up 400+ yards, they could have done it. They didn't need to.

NE was so thoroughly dominated and demoralized they allowed the Bills to kneel the clock out with 2 minutes left and all 3 TOs.

The Bills made them give up. That's all you should need to know.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

10 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

Sigh called terrible O coaching! The other teams were literally calling out the O plays, the media actually got hold of that before the Vikings game and BB admitted it’s been going on for SEVERAL weeks. Hard to execute the play when they know what’s coming. Last week they changed it up was more the OLD patriots O and look at that they moved the ball and scored a lot and probably have more if not for drops and Aghalor slowing down on a perfectly thrown deep ball.  Last night the O calling was pathetic again! They had 1 drive where they called it like last week then they went brain dead.. 

Amazing how a Bills fan can’t tell that O coaches can make or break a QB. Hell look at Gino Smith now, he looks amazing in Seattle.. but looked like hot garbage in NY Jets. Why? COACHING.

I mean its a clown show in NE but I heard the same Pats fans blame McDaniels for his terrible play calls too when it was McDaniels design that allowed Mac&Cheese to play well at all.

33 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Forget it.  Doesn't  fit his narrative.  The Bills beat the equivalent of the '86 Bears last night.

7 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Context...... The comment above was highlighting the importance of Josh that got them to 24 and not 13 points.  Two incredible plays that only Allen and Mahomes make.

Context?  LOL.  What about your '86 Bears comment?  Every one of your posts has an inuendo tied to it that is negative.

A comment or 2 about Josh having a couple of good plays doesn't hide that.

So, for context, I posted that if not for one play the Pats would have only scored 3.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

5 Dropped passes at least is normal every week?  GTFOH

Wow the Bills had 355 Yards offense....   Wow what a dominating performance.....😂

We punted vs. NE, something they didn't do the previous 8 quarters vs. them😉.

It was a nice win, but still work to do.

Just win they did and I brought up two things I saw. 

You wonder why no one likes you.  Do we drop 5 passes every week?  Sometimes ***** happens.  Happens for every team.

Yeah it was a complete domination.  If you don't see that you are a moron.

OOOOOOH NO!!! We punted twice how terrible!

There is always work to do.  There is work to do for every team.

Didnt need a new lamp thread for your two thoughts.  The problem is not actually your thoughts.  The problem is anytime you have a brain fart you feel the need to post a thread about it, argue beyond reason over those same two brain farts, and then add in more garbage that no one asked for.

You said the Jets gashed us.  Somehow the Bills do the same thing and its a problem.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

You wonder why no one likes you.  Do we drop 5 passes every week?  Sometimes ***** happens.  Happens for every team.

Yeah it was a complete domination.  If you don't see that you are a moron.

OOOOOOH NO!!! We punted twice how terrible!

There is always work to do.  There is work to do for every team.

Didnt need a new lamp thread for your two thoughts.  The problem is not actually your thoughts.  The problem is anytime you have a brain fart you feel the need to post a thread about it, argue beyond reason over those same two brain farts, and then add in more garbage that no one asked for.

You said the Jets gashed us.  Somehow the Bills do the same thing and its a problem.

The Bills are a much better team.  They should do that.  The Jets shouldn't have done it vs. The Bills.  Zach Wilson lookd like an NFL qb..... 

Edited by Billsfan1972
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

The Bills are a much better team.  They should do that.  The Jets shouldn't have done it vs. The Bills.  Zach Wilson lookd like an NFL qb..... 

Hang on so now your "observation" is that the Bills didn't play well against the Jets? Cos we can agree on that one.

22 hours ago, Dopey said:

Happy Friday to you too. Did someone pee in your Flutie Flakes this morning?? You negative Nancies suck. 
I had a ton of fun watching a total team win. Josh made mistakes too. NE just didn’t capitalize. 
Got some Josh Allen jockstrap sniffers here. 

I enjoyed the game because they found a different way to win. That’s what good organizations do they find ways to win when things aren’t working.

1 hour ago, LeGOATski said:

6 pages already. You all fell for it. @Billsfan1972 is a quality troll. He's not obnoxious, but calmly negative with a consistent approach. Good trolling is an art form.

We have a few of those on the board now masquerading as bills fans

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

I enjoyed the game because they found a different way to win. That’s what good organizations do they find ways to win when things aren’t working.

We have a few of those on the board now masquerading as bills fans

I am as big a fan as there is.  The thread pointed out two things that concerned me.  Heck I didn't talk about the win for the most part or what I thought about the game, just that I who seldom get's caught up in the OL and the nuances, saw some terrible play by the line.

I also counted at least 5 drops, which is an unusually high amount.

Others here seem to get very upset when anyone points out anything the least bit negative.

Week 3, the national media already were talking just how good the Bills were and the Superbowl odds were ridiculously low.  Allen was by far the MVP favourite too.

After the KC win,  16-1 was discussed. 

Now a 24-10 win vs. NE is considered a watershed moment.  I thought it was a little disjointed effort, but again wasn't the point of the thread. 

Others here changed the narrative and yes I responded.

BTW Buffalo Bills lead the league in drops.

https://scores.nbcsports.com/fb/tmleaders.asp?type=Receiving&range=NFL&rank=232

Edited by Billsfan1972
  • Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, teef said:

How many drops did you count?

I counted 5.....  BTW through week 12, Josh Allen had 22 drops by receivers (Lamar Jackson 26, Mahomes 24) so <2/game. 

https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/advanced-stats-qb.php

Thursday was unusually high, though only the one by Diggs on third down was one that resulted in a punt.

12 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

Context?  LOL.  What about your '86 Bears comment?  Every one of your posts has an inuendo tied to it that is negative.

A comment or 2 about Josh having a couple of good plays doesn't hide that.

So, for context, I posted that if not for one play the Pats would have only scored 3.

Did you see this quote?

😂

15 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Both the Hines and Davis TD was on 3rd down.  Those two plays led to 11 points (TD, otherwise a punt and TD vs. FG).    

Otherwise the final score is 13-10.  Yes Josh was the difference plain and simple.

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Dolphins and Chiefs right behind the Bills for most drops in the league.  I bet you its okay they are up there.

Again context.....  The thread pointed out that I saw a lot of drops Thursday and that it stuck out to me.

Big picture, it mattered little vs. NE Thursday.  

This happens in the playoffs and the Bills lose, different story.

I also noted the Diggs drop was reminiscent of the one late in the game vs. Minny, that would have ended the game effectively.  Yes I know many things went wrong that game (and I erased my recording of the game as I was so disgusted), but that was a big drop.

Just now, Billsfan1972 said:

Again context.....  The thread pointed out that I saw a lot of drops Thursday and that it stuck out to me.

Big picture, it mattered little vs. NE Thursday.  

This happens in the playoffs and the Bills lose, different story.

I also noted the Diggs drop was reminiscent of the one late in the game vs. Minny, that would have ended the game effectively.  Yes I know many things went wrong that game (and I erased my recording of the game as I was so disgusted), but that was a big drop.

You don’t understand context lol.  

It doesn’t matter what’s explained to you about the offense on Thursday.  You are pounding the table that two raw stats, total yard and sacks are the evidence we didn’t play well.  That’s not context lol. 

You move parameters, slant and skew everything.  Remember when you said only like 3 people argue/criticize with you lol? You have like 6 just on this page 😂

You have one poster thoroughly convinced you are intentionally trolling because he doesn’t believe you actually believe what you’re posting because its that bizarre.  I know you’re not a troll…you just don’t have the ability to want to understand differing opinions.  So you go on skew and slanting crusade and the reason why Scott said “this is why no one likes you.”  You can’t have an adult conversation.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Did you see this quote?

😂

Huh?????  Again you make no sense.  

You make a comment that if NE didn't rip off a big play for a TD they score only 3?  What does that mean????  BTW it was a pretty simple play they turned into a long TD and was on 2nd and 5 (heck a good bounce & the Bills recover the prior play). 

I pointed out two plays that very few QB's make both on 3rd down that resulted in an extra 11 points for Buffalo and you're arguing that?

Here's a simple question..... Are 3rd and long conversions more important then those on first or second down?  I'll answer for you....  YES they are.  

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

You don’t understand context lol.  

It doesn’t matter what’s explained to you about the offense on Thursday.  You are pounding the table that two raw stats, total yard and sacks are the evidence we didn’t play well.  That’s not context lol. 

You move parameters, slant and skew everything.  Remember when you said only like 3 people argue/criticize with you lol? You have like 6 just on this page 😂

You have one poster thoroughly convinced you are intentionally trolling because he doesn’t believe you actually believe what you’re posting because its that bizarre.  I know you’re not a troll…you just don’t have the ability to want to understand differing opinions.  So you go on skew and slanting crusade and the reason why Scott said “this is why no one likes you.”  You can’t have an adult conversation.

Do I dive a damn who likes me on some anonymous Bills fan board?  Intelligent people I respect as I do smart debate.  These are neither.  The thread was about the OL play and that I saw a # of drops.  You and others brought up yards and the offense and yes I bit and responded.

My expectations for the Bills are much higher then some.

I'm okay with 9-3,  just think they've haven't played too many really good games of late and issues in the second half, but that is another thread, that I'm not going to start.😉

Have you even answered the original post.  Was the OL bad and were there too many drops? 

5 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Huh?????  Again you make no sense.  

You make a comment that if NE didn't rip off a big play for a TD they score only 3?  What does that mean????  BTW it was a pretty simple play they turned into a long TD and was on 2nd and 5 (heck a good bounce & the Bills recover the prior play). 

I pointed out two plays that very few QB's make both on 3rd down that resulted in an extra 11 points for Buffalo and you're arguing that?

Here's a simple question..... Are 3rd and long conversions more important then those on first or second down?  I'll answer for you....  YES they are.  

I never made any comment like that lol.

7 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Do I dive a damn who likes me on some anonymous Bills fan board?  Intelligent people I respect as I do smart debate.  These are neither.  The thread was about the OL play and that I saw a # of drops.  You and others brought up yards and the offense and yes I bit and responded.

My expectations for the Bills are much higher then some.

I'm okay with 9-3,  just think they've haven't played too many really good games of late and issues in the second half, but that is another thread, that I'm not going to start.😉

Have you even answered the original post.  Was the OL bad and were there too many drops? 

The LT was bad.  Our back up LT on one leg was a turnstile.  Outside of that, the OL was decent. 

The offense as a unit played very well.  
We can’t use redzone stats, rushing stats, time of possession or 3rd down conversions stats….only stat that matters to you in this case is total yards and sacks.  

“Intelligent people I respect as I do smart debate.”  That certainly sounds like an intelligent statement.

Edited by Royale with Cheese
  • Haha (+1) 1

I was thinking about putting this in a separate post but I hate it when someone opens a thread with nothing other than a player's name.  So here goes.  Spencer Brown.  I thought that after his rookie year, Brown would be All Pro by his third year.  Incredible combine metrics as far as pure athleticism is concerned, huge frame, great attitude, plays with a mean streak.  Yet gets beat over and over again on an outside rush.  Melvin Ingram undressed him in KC playoff game.  On the other hand, he appears to be very good in the run game.  Is it just a question of providing him with a smaller space to operate in?  I get that you don't see 6'7" guards but would moving him inside be an answer?  Draft OT #1 and OG #2 next spring?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.