TNF- Ravens @ Bucs 10/27/22

T&C

I'm not going to wade through 25 pages.  So forgive me if this has been repeatedly stated, which I suspect it was:

After watching Brady last night: skip passes, under throw others, float balls, get sacked, have no ability to really run, one word came to mind.

OLD

He has become the latest embodiment of the athlete who just didn't know how and when to quit.  There is no doubt he sees the field and the defense better than just about everyone who has ever played, but father time has won again.  It would not shock me at all to see him get injured and finish the season on IR.  He is playing with a 45 year old body against men half his age and now twice his speed and probably triple his strength.

12 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Yeah, Process but honestly...I really wanted the Blls to kick his *** in the Super Bowl.

What a great period that would have been to his career.

Worst division in football. They could still make the playoffs at 8-9. Than ya never know.

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Process said:

Worst division in football. They could still make the playoffs at 8-9. Than ya never know.

Isn't that so ridiculous.  

It cuts both ways for me as it makes me madder that he would get to make it to the playoffs one more time with a garbage team that doesn't deserve it.  Pulling for Saints and Falcons right now.

Would.

Love.

To see him finish the regular season...with absolutely nothing to do.

I enjoyed last night, but not nearly as much as I enjoyed the Monday night game. Seeing the pats and that shithole fanbase eat ***** is much more enjoyable than just brady, but it is quite delicious to see that ####### make terrible throws and have no one to yell at.

All I want to see is him yelling at a lineman and someone shoving that old B word to the ground.

The question is, does he make it to the end of the year? If they suck enough, does he fake an injury and quit? I can't imagine he plays another year, but I would love if this went on for another year or two and another desperate team picks him up. Colts anybody?

Few thoughts on last night:

1. I fully understand why Lamar wants a fully guaranteed contract. Being limited as a passer and a guy that relies on his legs his time is ticking. If the Ravens won't pay it there are teams out there that will gladly toss that kind of contract his way. Not that I think they should...but GMs tend to out think themselves and the Ravens can make a killing by simply tagging Jackson and trading him. They can finally get rid of Roman and build an NFL offense. Look at what Watson and Russ fetched. There are GMs out there that will pay that for Jackson. He is limited, but adding his legs to his game makes him still a top 10-12 QB in the NFL (though that is partly due to the poor state of QB play these days in general) He'll still get his money.

2.  Greg Roman is still terrible. I understand the idea of attacking a Buc secondary that was down 3 or 4 starters. But having Lamar throw 30 times in the first half was just insanely dumb. For the most part, they weren't even throwing out of play action looks. When they (finally) went back to playing their game in the second half they took control.  

3. Tom Brady is done. But this Buc suckfest isn't all on him. In the last year they downgraded at HC, lost Ali Marpet and Gronk to retirement, lost starting center Ryan Jensen, have been ripped with injuries to the WR position and now that defense is missing 3 starters in the secondary, lost Shaq Barrett to an Achilles last night. Playing in the NFC south has them still alive mathematically...but they are in major trouble next year with that roster and coaching staff. 

4.  On the Tom Brady being done front, it is very nice to watch him struggle on the field. Wish he stayed in New England so we could watch him face this Bills defense twice this year. Aside from Brady, it's normally sad to watch the once greats that are playing way past their expiration date. Watching guys like AJ Green and Julio Jones the last couple of years has been sad.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Yeah, Process but honestly...I really wanted the Blls to kick his *** in the Super Bowl.

What a great period that would have been to his career.

For me, Brady's career has been a never-ending nightmare. Since it's Halloween weekend, we're at the point in the horror film where we're all standing around in the dark cornfield at night saying "I think the coast is clear!" We're all mocking the ghoul thinking it was defeated that easy. 

But it's only 45 minutes into the movie. The coast is decidedly NOT clear.

Have none of you ever watched a horror film? I'll bet you'd be the ones mocking the "goofy ass legend of the cornfield monster" then going off alone in the dark to pee... 

Normal rules don't apply to this freaking robot. A kitten blood smoothie and some avocadoes and he'll be right back to crushing souls next week. Everyone else in the world would be done, but this guy 100% is on PEDs and/or sold his soul to Satan for never-ending football glory. 

I should be enjoying this but I've seen the same storyline so many times before and it always ends with "genuine Tommy" holding a trophy at the end of the season. 

I'm still convinced he'll be in this year's Super Bowl. This has all the feel of a "magical turnaround" and the endless gushing about Brady magic will be more nauseating than ever. 

Edited by TheFunPolice
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Isn't that so ridiculous.  

It cuts both ways for me as it makes me madder that he would get to make it to the playoffs one more time with a garbage team that doesn't deserve it.  Pulling for Saints and Falcons right now.

Would.

Love.

To see him finish the regular season...with absolutely nothing to do.

If they win their division, they earned it. Even at 7-10. It starts with winning your division. That’s the 1st objective to winning a SB. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.