Beeeeeeeeeeatch

\GoBillsInDallas/

Society:

Alcoholic: you need to seek help, AA, etc... This is killing you 

Drug user: you need to seek help, AA, etc. This is killing you.

Fatty: you go! #fierce yEaH gUrL! #loveit! 

Why do we encourage obesity? We don't encourage drug users or alcoholics. And if you bring it up you're hateful, etc. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

Society:

Why do we encourage obesity? We don't encourage drug users or alcoholics. And if you bring it up you're hateful, etc. 

Yes we do encourage drug users and alcoholics.  We're a nation of high functioning drug users, alcoholics that are obese. 

Blame big ag, big pharma, & big food... 

"...One third of our economy thrives on making people sick and fat. Big Farming grows 500 more calories per person per day than 25 years ago because they get paid to grow extra food even when it is not needed. The extra corn (sugar) and soy (fat) are turned into industrial processed food and sugar-sweetened beverages -- combinations of fat, sugar and salt that are proven to be addictive. These subsidized ($288 billion) cheap, low-quality foods are heavily marketed ($30 billion) and consumed by our ever-widening population with an obesity rate approaching three out of four Americans. The more they eat, the fatter they become. The fatter they become the more they develop heart disease, diabetes, cancer and a myriad of other chronic ailments. ..."

This was me on an 11hr flight a month ago. Fortunately, I booked an aisle seat.

I couldn't even get my tray table down for food service. I had to face the aisle to sit, otherwise I could only fit one buttcheek onto my seat.

I worked with the flight staff by standing in the galley while they got the food cars out, otherwise there was no way they could push it past my row with me in the way. I spent 6hrs of the flight standing by the bathroom/ Emergency door area.

edit: the window seat was taken by her daughter, who was half her size, but still fat enough to take up her whole seat so the only possible space left to take was half of my seat.

Edited by unbillievable

19 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

Society:

Hey, there's just more of you to love, am I right?

• Haha (+1) 3

47 minutes ago, unbillievable said:

This was me on an 11hr flight a month ago. Fortunately, I booked an aisle seat.

I couldn't even get my tray table down for food service. I had to face the aisle to sit, otherwise I could only fit one buttcheek onto my seat.

I worked with the flight staff by standing in the galley while they got the food cars out, otherwise there was no way they could push it past my row with me in the way. I spent 6hrs of the flight standing by the bathroom/ Emergency door area.

edit: the window seat was taken by her daughter, who was half her size, but still fat enough to take up her whole seat so the only possible space left to take was half of my seat.

That's unacceptable and you owe it to yourself to bring it up with the flight staff when that happens. The more of these folks that get kicked off a plane for not buying two seats when they should the better.

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, LeviF said:

That's unacceptable and you owe it to yourself to bring it up with the flight staff when that happens. The more of these folks that get kicked off a plane for not buying two seats when they should the better.

The mother and daughter pair were able to squeeze themselves together at take-off so it seemed possible, if annoying; Who needs an armrest? Maybe they have gotten kicked off flights before?

...but they eventually spread themselves out; revealing the horror I was to endure for the next 11hrs.

I had enough time during the flight to look around and see if there were other seats available. I was not allowed to take a jumper seat.

This is just the world we live in, and I wasn't going to take it out on flight attendants who I knew couldn't do anything to help me. All I got from the them (and some passengers) were "I"m sorry's" and a look of pity.

I found it amusing at landing that they were telling people to put tray tables up and armrests down, then walking past my row without saying anything, as I'm clutching my seatbelt while staring down the aisle.

Edited by unbillievable

46 minutes ago, unbillievable said:

The mother and daughter pair were able to squeeze themselves together at take-off so it seemed possible, if annoying; Who needs an armrest? Maybe they have gotten kicked off flights before?

...but they eventually spread themselves out; revealing the horror I was to endure for the next 11hrs.

I had enough time during the flight to look around and see if there were other seats available. I was not allowed to take a jumper seat.

This is just the world we live in, and I wasn't going to take it out on flight attendants who I knew couldn't do anything to help me. All I got from the them (and some passengers) were "I"m sorry's" and a look of pity.

I found it amusing at landing that they were telling people to put tray tables up and armrests down, then walking past my row without saying anything, as I'm clutching my seatbelt while staring down the aisle.

I hear you. And don't get me wrong, I don't mean you should "take it out" on the flight attendants but often the airline will compensate you if you cannot get accommodation in-flight. Just something to consider if you ever find yourself in a similar situation again.

52 minutes ago, unbillievable said:

Maybe if you dropped a few pounds, you could sit comfortably in a half-seat and not get in the flight attendants' way, you selfish *****.

• Haha (+1) 3

Why can't the flight attendant move them to window seat and middle seat.  Have the lady that was in the "Fat-lachi Crunch" sit in the Aisle seat? 

2 hours ago, Gugny said:

Maybe if you dropped a few pounds, you could sit comfortably in a half-seat and not get in the flight attendants' way, you selfish *****.

😆 

May I suggest a Peloton to get into that 1/2 seat. I hope she has a husband or significant other that cares about her!

MerryChristmasLardassWife.thumb.jpg.d4f4b41ad2a50fde9193a3bee81d366a.jpg

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

3 hours ago, LeviF said:

I hear you. And don't get me wrong, I don't mean you should "take it out" on the flight attendants but often the airline will compensate you if you cannot get accommodation in-flight. Just something to consider if you ever find yourself in a similar situation again.

I got extra snacks and offered alcohol, but I don't drink.

5 hours ago, LeviF said:

In todays society, I doubt they would even risk the publicity and possible lawsuit that would come by discriminating against someone “just because they are fat”. 

While obesity is borne of its own set of issues, airplane seats, even if you get a better "class", which I do due to a ton of work travel, are way, way too narrow.

I'm 6'6", but I have broad shoulders.  My derriere fits neatly into the seat confines, but my shoulders do not.  Last flight, across country, I was in the center seat between what I was assume were two guys who played professional sports.  Thank goodness that we were all good natured about it.  How can you fit three dudes of the same physical statures in the same row of seats at the same time?  Good times...

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.