House of the dragon is heating up !

Teddy KGB

22 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Going to need to get aother job to pay for all these streaming platforms.  

Find friends and family that already subscribe and ask if you can share their login info.  That's what my wife's family does.  We have Hulu, Disney, and HBO from three different people, in exchange for Paramount.  

• Haha (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, teef said:

i'm up to the dark episode.  i'm honestly dreading watching it.  that ***** was bad enough with game of thrones, and i have no desire to squint at an entire episode.  that being said, i'll probably watch it tonight.

last two episodes have been The Simpsons Kiss GIF by FOX International Channels

1 hour ago, thenorthremembers said:

Going to need to get aother job to pay for all these streaming platforms.  Obviously a huge Game of Thrones fan, I havent bothered with House of Dragons because of the extra cost but looks like I may have to.

HBO gets you with the schedule.   Anytime I’m ready to ditch them another monster show is about to start.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, teef said:

i'm up to the dark episode.  i'm honestly dreading watching it.  that ***** was bad enough with game of thrones, and i have no desire to squint at an entire episode.  that being said, i'll probably watch it tonight.

the show has been a bit bland for me

• Eyeroll 1

HBO max you can watch any time. So Football is only here a few months a year and this show will always be here. 

This show has not been grabbing my attention though maybe I am just not into GoT ***** anymore. 

I like the Lord of the rings show much better TBH.

50 minutes ago, TBBills said:

HBO max you can watch any time. So Football is only here a few months a year and this show will always be here. 

This show has not been grabbing my attention though maybe I am just not into GoT ***** anymore. 

I like the Lord of the rings show much better TBH.

you can’t really put it off as everyone’s ruining it on Facebook the next day imo.  

Watched the first 6, started the 7th and kinda just stopped.  The time-jump with different actors has made it difficult to tell who's who for me.  And bratty kids... Robin of the Vale was bad enough but so many of 'em...

And nobody in the show is actually likeable.  That was one of the great things about GoT - character arcs.  There were good people and bad people, some stayed where they were, others switched sides.  We ended up liking and rooting for The Hound, Therion, even Jamie.

They only had 1 case where a good person turned bad (Danaerys), and everyone hated them for it.

But in this show, everyone started out pretty much icky and got worse.

8 minutes ago, JÂy RÛßeÒ said:

Watched the first 6, started the 7th and kinda just stopped.  The time-jump with different actors has made it difficult to tell who's who for me.  And bratty kids... Robin of the Vale was bad enough but so many of 'em...

And nobody in the show is actually likeable.  That was one of the great things about GoT - character arcs.  There were good people and bad people, some stayed where they were, others switched sides.  We ended up liking and rooting for The Hound, Therion, even Jamie.

They only had 1 case where a good person turned bad (Danaerys), and everyone hated them for it.

But in this show, everyone started out pretty much icky and got worse.

replacing everyone’s favorite character with a diff actress instead of having makeup to make her look older was a big fail. 

latest episode was awesome though, I like Daemon and the King 

I haven't read the thread b/c I am way behind and didn't want to see any spoilers.

But I found the show to be slow and a bit boring for a few episodes.  It then really caught fire I think with episode 4, and that's the last one I've seen.

I felt it was really heating up to with that one (if I have the right episode).

On 10/12/2022 at 9:22 AM, thenorthremembers said:

Going to need to get aother job to pay for all these streaming platforms.  Obviously a huge Game of Thrones fan, I havent bothered with House of Dragons because of the extra cost but looks like I may have to.

Get the free trial and binge it after the season wraps.

It started a little shaky and the time jumps can be messy for the viewer (especially if you haven't read the source material) but after the past couple of episodes I think that this series can bring some serious redemption to the franchise after the absolute mess that GoT was for the last few seasons.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, LeviF said:

Get the free trial and binge it after the season wraps.

It started a little shaky and the time jumps can be messy for the viewer (especially if you haven't read the source material) but after the past couple of episodes I think that this series can bring some serious redemption to the franchise after the absolute mess that GoT was for the last few seasons.

Had something better than that happen.  The app was already on my menu.  I opened it to order the service, and when I opened the app I noticed that my Sister in Law must have logged into her account at my house at some point.  I am currently binging the show for free.   Love it so far.

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.