(LAMP) Please send prayers and good thoughts

Campy

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My thoughts are with you as my Dad just had his prostate removed yesterday due to cancer. Everything went well as will with you I am sure. He also had melanoma of the face, which is what led to the findings of prostate cancer. My Dad had been a smoker for over 40 years when he found out he had cancer, and that was all he had to hear to quit.

Best of luck.

... If the docs determine there is more growth elsewhere -- like in my diaphragm or bone marrow for example -- I will be in for one helluva fight.  Either way I'm looking at either chemo or more likely radiation before it's all said and done.

Just the damndest thing. I'm reading postings on a board from people I've never met, and many who've never met each other, and every time a guy or gal is in need, look at everyone step forward with a kind word. There's some nice folks who post here.

If you could take a moment and offer a prayer or think of me at some point this afternoon, I would truly appreciate it.

I'm reading this a little later, but heck yeah I can do that. As a friend of mine is fond of saying, "We don't even need a reason!" :o If this thing wears you down at some point while you beat it, you have a place here to talk it out anytime.

Thank you for the kind words guys (and gals). I really do believe in the power of prayer and positive thought, and I appreciate you taking a moment to think of me.

This biopsy was wierd. The local, obviously delivered by a needle into the inner eyelid, was... "interesting." I couldn't feel it, but seeing him tweeze the tissue and start cutting it with scissors was a real trip. Remind me next time to DEMAND they put me out cold! Shoot, I'll pay for the anethesiologist if my insurance won't cover it! :o

Now I'm sitting on the couch, not in pain, but in serious "sting." It feels like someone poured an ounce of sand into my lower eyelid, and having one eye blurry really messes up perception as the other eye tries to compensate. Reading and typing isn't terribly fun right about now.

My next appt with this doc isn't until 13 June to let it heal completely, but if the lab results warrant, they will call me in sooner.

Thanks again. I'll update you as I get more info.