(LAMP) Please send prayers and good thoughts

Campy

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now I'm sitting on the couch, not in pain, but in serious "sting."  It feels like someone poured an ounce of sand into my lower eyelid, and having one eye blurry really messes up perception as the other eye tries to compensate.  Reading and typing isn't terribly fun right about now.

Maybe you should cover the blurry eye to avoid straining the other and getting a headache? A Hot Pocket and some duct tape should do the trick. Or a slab of bologna and a staple gun. I'm not technically a doctor, so the exact procedure escapes me, but you get the point.

Thank you for the kind words guys (and gals).  I really do believe in the power of prayer and positive thought, and I appreciate you taking a moment to think of me.

This biopsy was wierd.  The local, obviously delivered by a needle into the inner eyelid, was... "interesting."  I couldn't feel it, but seeing him tweeze the tissue and start cutting it with scissors was a real trip.  Remind me next time to DEMAND they put me out cold!  Shoot, I'll pay for the anethesiologist if my insurance won't cover it! :doh:

Now I'm sitting on the couch, not in pain, but in serious "sting."  It feels like someone poured an ounce of sand into my lower eyelid, and having one eye blurry really messes up perception as the other eye tries to compensate.  Reading and typing isn't terribly fun right about now.

My next appt with this doc isn't until 13 June to let it heal completely, but if the lab results warrant, they will call me in sooner.

Thanks again.  I'll update you as I get more info.

336319[/snapback]

Somehow I missed this thread. This was like cold water in the face. Prayers and love to you and your wife, Chris.

Next time (should there be a next time) ask for secanol before the procedure. They could cut your eyelids OFF and you would not care. :doh: I had a foot operation once, and they asked if I wanted something to help me stay calm - yes SECANOL! While they made an incision and drilled bone, I read a magazine and watched. :lol:

Take care, my friend.

My only advice: research the crap out of this so that you know everything that is going on and can intelligently direct your own treatment. Study after study shows that people who do that statistically have a better result than those who are passive witnesses to their treatment.

This is possibly the best advice anyone could give you Chris.

Keep fighting and stay positive. Grab hold of all the prayers and heartfelt wishes that are coming through this board and use them to get furious at this little bastard that is trying to invade you. Fight it. You can do it. Today is Sunday. Prayers count double today... :lol:

Somehow I missed this thread. This was like cold water in the face. Prayers and love to you and your wife, Chris.

336682[/snapback]

That goes double for me.

Positive thoughts headed your way, Chris - and if you need ANYTHING, you know where to find us....