Favorite Beer?

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Canadian beer always tastes skunked to me and Moosehead is the skunkiest.  Say no to skunked beer!

336023[/snapback]

I love Canadian beer too. When I am back in Buffalo, I would think of drinking nothing else but a Labatt Blue. They paractically give it away at the bars. But here in San Frnacisco, it is usually skunked. But the Mexican beers are fresh.

beer ONLY gets skunked when it is bottled in light colored glass. it is the sunlight that skunks it.  if sun hit the bottle - it is skunked.  the canadian beers are always bottled in green glass = skunk often is light hits them.  can we get further research  on this?

336038[/snapback]

um no. Beer also gets skunked when it is temperture abused. If a beer is warmed then cooled it will skunk

beer ONLY gets skunked when it is bottled in light colored glass. it is the sunlight that skunks it.  if sun hit the bottle - it is skunked.  the canadian beers are always bottled in green glass = skunk often is light hits them.  can we get further research  on this?

336038[/snapback]

I think you are fairly right on this. I'ver spent years and countless dollars to arrive at that somewhat unscientific conclusion. I think I concur with whatever it is you said there.

don't quote me on this, but what you have said, is wrong. skunking does not happen because of temperature changes. that is an old wives tale...

research it

um no.  Beer also gets skunked when it is temperture abused.  If a beer is warmed then cooled it will skunk

336040[/snapback]

Man, I'm almost embarrased to say I drink Coors Light. I've never even heard of most of these beers. I guess I need to get out more often.

336071[/snapback]

No shame, no shame. Now you say Zima and you cannot be a Bills fan.

336038[/snapback]

So, does beer in a can never get skunked?

I use to love Molson Export Ale in the 70's, now it aways seems skunky to me.

So, does beer in a can never get skunked?

I use to love Molson Export Ale in the 70's, now it aways seems skunky to me.

336163[/snapback]

I can't recall ever havign a skunky beer from a can.

I recall Heinekens fro ma bottle always seemed skunky, they have improved over the years.