Favorite Beer?

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what, you only drink becks or something?  suppose you drive a saab too?  maybe you have a turtleneck on right now?  maybe you have wireless rim glasses?  maybe you eat sushi at fancy ny rests while wearing all black uni-suits?  just kidding...

335568[/snapback]

:D I have learned to embrace my status as a beer snob. Some of my friends give me crap about it too so I'm used to it.

Yuengling.

How do all you Gennasty drinkers have time to post on this board? I would think you would be spending all your spare time in the crapper. I have lived in Roch my whole life and the only Genny I could stomach was 12 Horse.

Yuengling.

335562[/snapback]

Ditto on Yuengling! Awesome beer. I have been turning on my "Bud or Miller" neighbors to it and they love it. They don't sell it in New England yet, so I have to bring it from Buffalo when I visit.

Also props to Pabst Blue Ribbon. A much-maligned beer that deserves praise. Hey, it's cheap because they don't spend a billion dollars a year advertising it!

I decided to swear off sh*tty beer. No more Bud, Coors, or Miller for me. Yuengling, Newcastle, Stella Artois, or Heffeweisen with lemon (Widmer or Harpoon)

PTR

Yeungling.

How do all you Gennasty drinkers have time to post on this board?  I would think you would be spending all your spare time in the crapper.  I have lived in Roch my whole life and the only Genny I could stomach was 12 Horse.

335582[/snapback]

Yuengling is actually not that bad. For a macro-brew it actually has some color and malt / hop flavor to it.

Sam Adams Light

Many years ago at UB I used to dring Genny Pounders.

The funny part is I used to convince my two roommates from LI to go in on the case with me, saying 'we'll get more beer for the buck'.

Of course they couldn't stand the taste after two or so, leaving the rest of the case for me. :D

Beer snob here and if you don't like it you can take your redneckin' PBR RW&B, park your overweight hairy ass next to that old broken down fridge sitting in your front yard, and shove it. :D

My fridge is filled with one of two beers: Gordon Biersch Marzen (preferred) or Bass Ale. AD turned me on to Chimay, and it was quite simply the finest beer I had ever drunk. But unfortunately it is way too expensive for my beer-drinking habits.

lol!!!!!! you forgot the dog on my porch, and the rocking chair and the shotgun, etc...

but, indeed, the beers you have cited are terrific. Chimay is the best beer i have ever had, but yes, it is pricey. bass is good too, if you like that, you may like bottingtons???

Beer snob here and if you don't like it you can take your redneckin' PBR RW&B, park your overweight hairy ass next to that old broken down fridge sitting in your front yard,  and shove it. :D

My fridge is filled with one of two beers: Gordon Biersch Marzen (preferred) or Bass Ale. AD turned me on to Chimay, and it was quite simply the finest beer I had ever drunk. But unfortunately it is way too expensive for my beer-drinking habits.

335630[/snapback]

I decided to swear off sh*tty beer.  No more Bud, Coors, or Miller for me.  Yuengling, Newcastle, Stella Artois, or Heffeweisen with lemon (Widmer or Harpoon)

PTR

335584[/snapback]

Hefeweizen is my wife's favorite beer style. Last night I just tapped the 10 gallons I brewed for her and her friends. I'm not a huge fan of the style myself, but I have to admit it's a damn fine beer for hot summer days and it's certainly better than drinking genny or the like.

Beer snob here and if you don't like it you can take your redneckin' PBR RW&B, park your overweight hairy ass next to that old broken down fridge sitting in your front yard,  and shove it. :D

335630[/snapback]

Well La-Dee-Da. Does your pinky stick out when you sip it, Mr Fancy Pants. :doh:

Yuengling.

An aside: I cannot believe grown men drink any light beer (except perhaps Amstel) -- Busch Light, Bud Lite, and Bud, Miller or any beer that spills more per day than other brewers make all year . . . I find them undrinkable and not beer at all -- just poorly flavored water.