Best way to see NFL games on TV

WyoAZBillfan

The only change this year (I think) is Amazon Prime is carrying (streaming) many Thursday Night games. For Sunday Afternoon games, DTV Sunday Ticket is the only legal way to watch out of market games. DTV will also carry the distribution of Amazon's Thursday Night games to bars and restaurants.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, WyoAZBillfan said:

I’ma little confused on what is available now to see all the Bills games this year. Normally I would get Direct Ticket. Now there’s , Amazon. Can anybody help a fella out? What are y’all using?

Thanks in advance.

NFL+ Is streaming and covers 

edit live local games 

Not live “out of region” games. 

Amazon account is free PRIME over $100 per year 

the TNF opener will be on my local NBC

station. 

Sunday Tickets 

new subscriptions may get it free 

many existing subscribers are getting it FREE this year 

6 prime time games. 
2 - 4 regIonal game 

That leaves about half a season to worry about 

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

NFL+ Is streaming and covers “out of region” games. 

No, NFL+ does not carry out of market/region games.  Not live, anyway. That's what the Sunday Ticket is for. 

Edited by The Dean
  • Like (+1) 3

9 minutes ago, The Dean said:

No, NFL+ does not carry out of market/region games.  Not live, anyway. That's what the Sunday Ticket is for. 

hmm I guess someone lied to me. 😆 

thanks 😊 

Live Game Audio, At Home
or On-The-Go
Listen to LIVE game audio (home,
away & national calls) on your favorite
device, available for every game of the
season with NFL+.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

hmm I guess someone lied to me. 😆 

thanks 😊 

Live Game Audio, At Home
or On-The-Go
Listen to LIVE game audio (home,
away & national calls) on your favorite
device, available for every game of the
season with NFL+.

Audio yes.

• Like (+1) 1

My cousin uses a service called “eye stream TV” that he swears by. You get every NFL game for every team, as well as every other sporting event (MLB, NBA, NHL, college football, etc) and every other channel including the premium movie channels (like HBO, Cinemax, Starz, Epix, Showtime, etc) and even paper-view events. All for like $40/month.

I was really skeptical of this service but he’s been using it for a good 4-5 years now without issue. 

https://www.eyestreamtv.net/channels

you do need a streaming device to use the service. But it’s pretty easy. You just download their app and it contains all the channels. 

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

My cousin uses a service called “eye stream TV” that he swears by. You get every NFL game for every team, as well as every other sporting event (MLB, NBA, NHL, college football, etc) and every other channel including the premium movie channels (like HBO, Cinemax, Starz, Epix, Showtime, etc) and even paper-view events. All for like $40/month.

I was really skeptical of this service but he’s been using it for a good 4-5 years now without issue. 

you do need a streaming device to use the service. But it’s pretty easy. You just download their app and it contains all the channels. 

This seems almost too good to be true. Not that I'm questioning you, but that's a lot of football, hockey, baseball, etc. for $40/mth.

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

I have heard of this... don't see Buffalo listed in the CBS local channels section. I forget which network carries the Bills games back home so maybe it doesn't matter anyways.

I have been using the same method for several years now.

I use a VPN (virtual private network) service on my computer. I set my location to the Netherlands.

I then go to nflgamepass.com and subscribe to the NFL Game Pass for $200. With it, I get every single NFL game (no blackouts). I can watch them live, after the fact, or -- my favorite -- "game in 40", which cuts out all the commercials and downtime between plays and allows you to watch every play of a game in about 40 minutes. I also get NFL Network, Red Zone channel, and an archive of all NFL Network programming, every past Super Bowl, and all NFL games going back three seasons. I also get the "All 22" coach's footage for every game. 

It's fantastic.

I then either wirelessly aircast the game from my laptop to my TV, or use an HDMI cable to hook the computer directly to the TV. Either way, the result is games in full HD on my television, with no buffering or poor quality. 

It costs about $60 a year to subscribe to a good, solid, reputable VPN. Then you have the $200 for Gamepass. So for $260 total per year, it's not exactly "cheap", but it's dependable, consistent, and has absolutely everything one could want in terms of NFL programming. It also costs less than going to the Bills bar 17 times a year.

Edited by Logic

4 minutes ago, T&C said:

I have heard of this... don't see Buffalo listed in the CBS local channels section. I forget which network carries the Bills games back home so maybe it doesn't matter anyways.

It works like this. Excluding TNF, SNF and MNF, the network carrying the game is decided by the VISITING team's conference. So if the Bills play at home against an NFC team, Fox stations will most likely carry the game. If the Bills are the visiting team, CBS stations  most likely get it. I say "most likely " becaue,  as of a couple/few years ago that isn't guaranteed.  There's a bit of network swapping on location.  

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

This seems almost too good to be true. Not that I'm questioning you, but that's a lot of football, hockey, baseball, etc. for $40/mth.

Honestly, That’s exactly how I felt too when my cousin told me about it years back. I kept waiting for him to tell me it got shut down. But I keep checking with him every so often and I just asked him again about it a few weeks ago and he’s still using it without any issues. Like I said, this is at least year 4 now. I actually got the chance to see it in person a few weeks back and I was really impressed with the vast amount of content it offers. He was showing me how you get a channel for every NFL team. It looked pretty cool. He had every premium movie channel. PPV events. A ridiculous amount of sports channels. And the app seemed easy enough to use/navigate.

I still haven’t signed up for it myself but I am really debating trying it and ditching cable if it works out.

19 minutes ago, T&C said:

I know he said he gets the Bills games. Next time I talk to him I can ask him if he gets the Bills games that are broadcast on CBS.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Just a wild guess, but maybe because it is illegal? 

There are dozens of illegal streaming sites, and this is just one of them.  I think the difference is, since they actually charge a fee for their service, one would expect them to be more reliable and less prone to malware infections/popups/etc.  I'm not sure if that is true, but that would be the only reason I can see to actually pay for something like this. Paying for it doesn't' make it legal!

In fact, this is the kind of site one would expect the NFL/Networks/DTV/etc, to target for takedown. And, if they do take it down, then they have the records of everyone who signed up.  This is very unlikely to happen of course. But there's more of a risk on a site like this.

Edited by The Dean

I’ll throw this out there since it hasn’t been mentioned and is legal. Sign up for paramovnt plus and watch games on cbs on your computer with an adapter to your TV. Paramount uses browser geolocation to determine your location, so all you need is a browser plug-in that you can use to set your location to Buffalo. This is ready to set-up via googling “geolocation spoof”. For me, in Seattle, this covers all the CBS games which is usually half the season if not more. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Zag20 said:

I’ll throw this out there since it hasn’t been mentioned and is legal. Sign up for paramovnt plus and watch games on cbs on your computer with an adapter to your TV. Paramount uses browser geolocation to determine your location, so all you need is a browser plug-in that you can use to set your location to Buffalo. This is ready to set-up via googling “geolocation spoof”. For me, in Seattle, this covers all the CBS games which is usually half the season if not more. 

Can you expand on this a little more?

17 hours ago, Zag20 said:

Great tip!  I ended up going with the Ticket this year, but will def look into this in the future.

For those that need info on geolocation, with the Brave and Chrome browser, you can change your location in settings of the browser based on longitude and latitude.  You just enter a zip code in a search and get the long and lat coordinates and then plug that into the browser settings.  It's not that hard.  Just search for a tutorial on how to do it, it's only a few steps, and you don't need any extra software or plugins or extensions to do it. 

19 hours ago, Zag20 said:

Pretty sure that it is not legal.  Anytime you have to "spoof" a location to view something you are barred from seeing legitimately otherwise , you can almost be certain you are violating an agreement somewhere in the chain. 

Living out of market (Texas) in a city where a Sunday afternoon Bills game pretty much only happens if they are playing the Cowboys, or the Texans, I was faced with this dilemma during the COVID infected 2020 season.  I had the NFL GamePass package (which is, essentially what the slightly cheaper NFL+ is now), which I would use a few times a season when my work schedule interfered with seeing Bills games live.  I could avoid scores all day, at work, and then watch the Bills later in the evening.  Otherwise, I was at my local Bills-backers bar on Sundays.  In 2020 though, our bar was shut down often, and I just didn't want to miss the whole NFL season, so I could watch the Bills games later in the evening.  I felt kinda desprate. 

A friend of mine gave me a link (not necessarily legal I imagine) to a free sight where I can watch any game (any sports league) live, any time. I started using it to watch Celtics basketball games too, rather than pay for the NBA streaming package.  As there are so many Celtics games, I just couldn't watch them all, so spending a $120 a season to watch a few games a month didn't seem worth it. I have watched every Bills Sunday afternoon game, and probably about 40 Celtics regular season games this way, over the last two year.  I have had very few, if any trouble with the site. The site just supplies multiple links to every game...there was probably about 3 or 4 times where the first link I chose wouldn't work, so I would choose the next.  No problem. Just activate your ad-blockers, and enjoy.  

I don't mind paying for stuff, at all.  If the NFL would offer me the opportunity to pay to see Bills games live, I would have no problem paying for it, assuming it wasn't some absurd price. I've paid for years for subscriptions to the NBA Center Court package, and the NHL Center-Ice package, as well as NFL GamePass.  ESPN+ has taken over the NHL, so for about $40 less per season, I can now get the Sabres games.  The Celtics are a competitive team with a huge national fan-base, so they are on ESPN/TNT/NBA Network plenty.  NFL+ (formerly GamePass) is a great value too...but it just doesn't offer that live viewing option.

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.