Benford is outplaying 1st rounder Elam in camp (edit) Benford gets start

Inigo Montoya

4 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Obviously Brown wasn't a second round pick,  he was the 93rd pick in 2021 draft.   DL's Greg Rousseau and Boogie Basham were the Bills first two picks in 2021.  

Bates had his offer sheet matched but they weren't willing to give him the modest second round tender to avoid having to deal with an offer sheet.    His deal will be cheap if he plays all 1,000 snaps per year as a starting OL should.    Compare that to the deals that all the free agent rotational DL got when they are only going to play just 45% of the snaps or so.  

Talking about potential Davis and Knox extensions like they are moves that have been made is no different than talking about Edmunds or Oliver extensions.........or presuming that next year's #1 pick will be a DE or MLB or a Safety etc.............we may see things trending that way but what we are talking about here are moves that have actually been made in the first 6 offseason of the regime.    

I stand corrected, Brown was a third round pick in 2021, not a 2nd round pick.  

Probably worth mentioning that Zay Jones was also a 2nd round pick.  

16 minutes ago, Bermuda Triangle said:

I stand corrected, Brown was a third round pick in 2021, not a 2nd round pick.  

Probably worth mentioning that Zay Jones was also a 2nd round pick.  

Zay Jone's WR coach was signed as WR letting go WR coach (who was highly evaluated) and told Coach McD he was WR most prepared to be a NFL WR so he was selected too early.

Then the WR coach was not able to develop Zay Jones any further and was let go as which happened at other positions in NFL.

• Agree 1

On 8/20/2022 at 4:26 PM, BillsVet said:

We'll revisit this topic when Buffalo invests a high pick to replace Hyde and/or Poyer in the short term.  

I sort of hoped they were targeting Dax Hill at 25 for that reason. Seemed a perfect heir apparent for Poyer. But you'd also need foresight that you'd get an adequate CB later on in the draft and/or you have a line on a stopgap vet for this season.

19 hours ago, Sierra Foothills said:

It's called confirmation bias.

My biggest pet peeve is the majority of people here who reply to a post on page 2 instead of reading the entire 5 page thread before then replying.

It's more than likely that someone has already made the point you were too impatient to wait on so you're only adding to the clutter of unnecessary replies within the topic.

While we're asking questions about usernames, what was your reaction when Rutger Hauer passed away?

461055137_KaiirElamgraphic.thumb.jpeg.18754511ff5f22381f81ae49402ebc4a.jpeg

Good catch.

Another sign of how old I am, i recall when it first came out, favorite scene of all time, "Time to die".

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Sierra Foothills said:

My biggest pet peeve is the majority of people here who reply to a post on page 2 instead of reading the entire 5 page thread before then replying.

It's more than likely that someone has already made the point you were too impatient to wait on so you're only adding to the clutter of unnecessary replies within the topic.

Well I'm guilty.. No way I'm gonna read 5 pages of replies just to see if my point was already made. I skim though them but usually I'm just focused on the OP's original intent.

If somebody quotes something that stick out to me I will jump on that. This quote was a case in point.

18 hours ago, Sierra Foothills said:

Posted by Yolo in another topic:

Did they even throw his way. I thought about this and I don't even remember him being around a pass attemtp. Which tells me he was playing shut down corner level. Against 2nd string but none the less impressive.

Edited by ddaryl
  • Agree 1

• Inigo Montoya changed the title to Benford is outplaying 1st rounder Elam in camp (edit) Benford gets start

Benford got the start last night and looked like he belonged.  He even got the final pass breakup of the game to force a turn over on downs when the Rams tried to add a garbage TD to make the box score look better.  The secondary only had one penalty during the game and it was on one of the rookies, it was a defensive holding on Taron Johnson.

Strong D-line play and fantastic Safety play will certainly help the DBs play well, but the rookie DBs didn't look lost or out of place.  Kupp got his grove on but I don't know which DB in the NFL can shut him down the way he is playing now.

In a night where the biggest question mark heading into the game was the Bills secondary, I think they answered the question pretty well.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.