First game in Buffalo with my son and FIL

Prospector

Hey all, I am taking my son to his first NFL/Bills game, and my first time seeing them in the Josh Allen era. Being west coast, I have seen the Bills a couple times in San Diego, and once in Buffalo when we drafted CJ Spiller, and we lost to the Dolphins in the most boring game ever played. We are coming for the Bills/Browns game (My in-laws are from Cleveland). Anyways, My son is 11 and we will be there with my father-in-law, brother-in-law, and his son (and son's friend) who play college baseball. We would like to enjoy some fun tailgating experiences for the day of the game, as opposed to wandering around Buffalo. We are more than happy to bring a cooler of steaks, or chicken, or brown 90 proof so we aren't free loading. I was wondering how we go about getting to a fun tailgate area, and maybe seeing some classic Bills stuff, like Pinto Ron, Bowling Ball shots, File Cabinet Pizza, or the Bills house thingy. We have rented a big van for a couple days... not sure if that matters. Please PM me if that is the more professional way, I don't know.

Edited by Prospector
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just get there early (like 10AM or earlier), bring some sandwiches or other tailgate foods, and plenty of time to walk around outside the stadium. You'll see the "interesting" tail gate situations in the various lots. Head over and chat up people, you'll find it's a friendly atmosphere. 

I prefer to park in the satellite (formerly 'pirate') lots on private property as I can generally beat the crowd out and make a clean getaway. If you don't care about that, park in the stadium lots to be closer to the action from the get go. 

Also, they used to have the Field House open to the public before hand with some fun activities your 11 year old might really enjoy. You'd need to check the Bills website to see if that is still going on, or perhaps someone here can update you on that. It was pre-2020 last time I was in there and things have changed...

Edited by Bob Chandler's Hands
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Probably in his living room.  What's next?  You gonna ask him what he's wearing??

No, but, what are YOU wearing?

Bills fans in LV have too many fun options to watch at home imo. Lots of Bills bars.  I’d recommend Moondoggies.  

19 minutes ago, NewEra said:

No, but, what are YOU wearing?

Bills fans in LV have too many fun options to watch at home imo. Lots of Bills bars.  I’d recommend Moondoggies.  

Before I answer ... do you like black lace thongs?

2 hours ago, Prospector said:

I live in Vegas, so if it does, I am closer to beach front property... so hopefully

whooaaa whooaa whoaaaa

don't be hoping I slip into the ocean lol

San Diego is one of the better places in CA.  Now if LA could slip off that would be excellent.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.