Johnny Depp v Amber Heard Trial

T&C

Watching Depp                          testify, as it were, is                             as I sit here aaaaaannnnd

ponder his next

word           is a challenge

it

really

is,      if I may

• Haha (+1) 5

33 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Lol... Heard that yesterday... I have the trial open in another window as background. I like watching trials but this is a pretty odd one for sure.

33 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

She's just coming off terribly in this. Has she testified yet cause all i've seen is her being a terrible person to just about everyone?

She hasn't and might not from what I've seen/heard. Good actors but man its crazy what money can do. 

1 hour ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Neither of these two are coming off good in this mess. Its a lose lose situation. 

Its like watching a legal TMZ, which I don't watch but she does. Its more fodder for their books to be published in the future.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I'm sure he weighed that against the stigma of being known as a wife beater and the jobs it's cost him.

Whatever the outcome of the trial, its not gonna change the stigma. The jobs I suppose remains to be seen. Hollywood is fickle that way.

• Agree 1

The way I see it, they both have more than enough money to live out their lives. And both can make plenty more away from movies doing quite a few things so if it costs them 20 grand in regular people money to let it all hang out well, go for it I suppose.

It’s easy to make fun of their lifestyles, but I just can’t right now. This is tragic all around. I know it’s hard to relate to how they live, but they are just people trying to get by. People with FAR more money than we can begin to fathom, but that can be a curse as well as a blessing. Money doesn’t necessarily bring good things. And I can do without fame altogether. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Augie said:

It’s easy to make fun of their lifestyles, but I just can’t right now. This is tragic all around. I know it’s hard to relate to how they live, but they are just people trying to get by. People with FAR more money than we can begin to fathom, but that can be a curse as well as a blessing. Money doesn’t necessarily bring good things. And I can do without fame altogether. 

I'm not aware of anyone making fun of their lifestyles but this isn't tragic, I couldn't give one ***** regarding either of them. The real tragic sentiment here is that the golden days of Hollywood are pretty much over forever. Its just garbage now. That, imo, is the real reality now and it'll never come back. Just like good music haha.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, T&C said:

I'm not aware of anyone making fun of their lifestyles but this isn't tragic, I couldn't give one ***** regarding either of them. The real tragic sentiment here is that the golden days of Hollywood are pretty much over forever. Its just garbage now. That, imo, is the real reality now and it'll never come back. Just like good music haha.

I can’t remember the last time I heard good new music. It’s hard to come by these days. On that we can agree. 

I haven’t read all the posts here, so it’s good to hear nobody is joking about it. It’s easy pickings.  

If you don’t recognize the tragedy in this, I don’t know what to say. Just because they are filthy rich doesn’t mean it can’t be tragic.  They are people, real people, so I care. I hate to see people in misery, even if it appears they brought it on themselves. It usually appears that it was self-induced, but it is so much more complicated. 

If you think the “golden days” of Hollywood didn’t include drug and alcohol abuse, adultery and all the other stuff, you are kidding yourself. This is just a little more extreme, and FAR more public. A sign of the times. 

• Agree 1

15 hours ago, Augie said:

I can’t remember the last time I heard good new music. It’s hard to come by these days. On that we can agree. 

I haven’t read all the posts here, so it’s good to hear nobody is joking about it. It’s easy pickings.  

If you don’t recognize the tragedy in this, I don’t know what to say. Just because they are filthy rich doesn’t mean it can’t be tragic.  They are people, real people, so I care. I hate to see people in misery, even if it appears they brought it on themselves. It usually appears that it was self-induced, but it is so much more complicated. 

If you think the “golden days” of Hollywood didn’t include drug and alcohol abuse, adultery and all the other stuff, you are kidding yourself. This is just a little more extreme, and FAR more public. A sign of the times. 

Golden days of hollywood aka Jeffrey Epsteins era with casting couches all across tinsetown it's no hidden little secret anymore. I have really no idea what that even means.......the HOLLYWOOD  sign has remained a constant. Hollywood Blvd walk of stars iconic, Mans Chinese Theater. Much off the history still remains. Maybe minus a few mysoginstic sexual perverts. Sounds fine by me. This story just makes me feel depressed no laughter whatsoever. Johnny Makes Great movies. His private life is a mess. Hoorah 😞

EDIT: I googled "golden age of hollywood" educating myself on what it actually did mean. this explains it quite fully

GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD DEFINITION

What is the Golden Age of Hollywood?

The golden age of Hollywood was a period in American filmmaking in which the five major studios, MGM, Paramount, Fox, Warner Bros., and RKO, dominated the production of major motion pictures, controlling every aspect of a film's production, from casting to shooting to distribution. The golden age relied on “stars” such as Humphrey Bogart, Cary Grant, Grace Kelly, and Rita Hayworth, to carry its films to success at the box office. Although there’s some contention as to when the golden age began and ended, most critics agree that it “existed” in some capacity from the late 1910s into the early 1960s.

https://www.studiobinder.com/blog/when-was-the-golden-age-of-hollywood/

Edited by muppy
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.