Marvel shows and movies thread

Just Jack

On 7/6/2022 at 2:34 PM, BillsFan4 said:

I started watching all the marvel movies on Disney + last year (just for all the bass in the action scenes, explosions, etc) when I upgraded my home theater system and bought this beast ⬇️ (18” PSA subwoofer. The picture doesn’t do it’s size Justice. It comes up almost to my hips when I stand next to it and I’m 6’1”)

So far I’ve watched phase 1 + 2 of the marvel timeline on Disney and all of phase 3 except for Avengers end game. That’s up next.

Stop after "End Game". It's a good place to finish the universe.

Phase 4 has been mediocre to awful. The plan for Phase 5 doesn't look much better.

Current Marvel is doing their best to emulate the "Star Wars" model of alienating their core fans. They're actively copying the stories from the comics that got those series' canceled; Iron Heart, Lady-Thor, America Chavez...

I can see Phase 5 bombing, putting Phase 6 in jeopardy.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I did see the new Avatar movie recently. I definitely recommend going for the 3D effect it is SPECTACULAR

I will say that I did not realize that when hubby asked if I was interested in seeing it I was signing up for a LONG  2 1/2 hour basically a war movie 😲

The visuals were great so it worked out. But it usually is not my fav genre.

m

Marvel Phase 4 has generally been aimless and I'm kind of out on Marvel as a result. I'm a big Oscar Isaac fan and I just couldn't enjoy Moon Knight, it's just not my cup of tea. The Boys on amazon I had high hopes for but I think I'm too old now to "get it" since it's so over the top crude.  

21 hours ago, ndirish1978 said:

Marvel Phase 4 has generally been aimless and I'm kind of out on Marvel as a result. I'm a big Oscar Isaac fan and I just couldn't enjoy Moon Knight, it's just not my cup of tea. The Boys on amazon I had high hopes for but I think I'm too old now to "get it" since it's so over the top crude.  

The Boys definitely went way over the top this season.  It was always pretty gruesome in the first two season, but it at least felt like it fit in with the story and the show.  This season, they were clearly doing things just to see if they could get away with them.

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 months later...

I just can't get into the new phase crap. It's been horrible so far. I haven't been able to finish the new Black Panther movie, I could barely get through one episode of Ms. Marvel, She-Hulk looked so HORRIBLE in the trailers... I never bothered starting it. The last Thor movie was PAINFUL to get through. I mean, painful. 

I'll still watch the Ant-Man, Guardians and the Spider-Man movies, seeing Daredevil in the last one made me so damn excited. I so hope Disney doesn't screw Charlie Cox's character. I can't wait for The Punisher with Jon Bernthal to come back. Netflix made masterpieces with Daredevil, The Punisher and Jessica Jones (season 1). I even liked Luke Cage (season 1). 

Some of the Disney+ shows they have come out with, aside from Loki, Moon Knight and WandaVision, have been pretty awful IMO. 

• Agree 1

I know it's a big thing in comic books, but I really wish they hadn't gone with this kid teams approach for the movies.  It worked with Spiderman mostly because that's an iconic character, but also because he was the only "kid" superhero at that point.  Now every single movie seems to have one.  If they're going to have a bunch of kids fighting Kang in their next Avengers movie, it's going to suck.

Guardians next month is probably the last hope for a while for a movie that isn't packed full of superhero kids.

• 1 month later...