Topic Format Update Suggestion

DieHardBillsFan

There are often times where I see topics that I am interested in and find there are over 20+ pages of comments that I really don't have time to read, but would like an overview. I then read maybe the first couple pages and possibly the last one and give up. I might find enough information from this or maybe the good info was buried in the middle.

I suggest that the first page provides the original post and the top 10ish quoted/reacted to posts plus the last post. These 10 would stay in the order that they were written. Example 5th post would be listed before 8th post even if the 8th post had been quoted/reacted to more. After the first page, all the posts can be viewed in order for those that would like to review all. This might not be the final version, but I think it would be an update that most everyone would benefit from. Thoughts?

Edited by DieHardBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, DieHardBillsFan said:

There are often times where I see topics that I am interested in and find there are over 20+ pages of comments that I really don't have time to read, but would like an overview. I then read maybe the first couple pages and possibly the last one and give up. I might find enough information from this or maybe the good info was buried in the middle.

I suggest that the first page provides the original post and the top 10ish quoted/reacted to posts plus the last post. These 10 would stay in the order that they were written. Example 5th post would be listed before 8th post even if the 8th post had been quoted/reacted to more. After the first page, all the posts can be viewed in order for those that would like to review all. This might not be the final version, but I think it would be an update that most everyone would benefit from. Thoughts?

You would have to go to the makers of the software TBD uses, and suggest it as a feature. 

Having worked with this company in the past, your suggestion won't go far. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, DieHardBillsFan said:

Don’t want to read the whole thread?  Do it the traditional way:  just start another thread about the exact same topic!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 10
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DieHardBillsFan said:

wait, your screen name is “die hard bills fan” and you don’t have time to read a few Bills posts?  😁

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DieHardBillsFan said:

I don't think what you are proposing would even yield what you want......it's hard to filter out the content like that........sometimes the best received posts are gags or something akin........though I agree there are a lot of "why even?" wasted space posts..........like "I trust Beane, whatever he wants to do" in response to a potential transaction.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.