🇨🇳🇷🇴🇺🇦 Biden's Corruption: $20M+ bribes. All the evidence that isn't evidence.

2 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

I’m calling…..Hoax! There are no high stakes exams in a local yoga class. 

Isn't sticking your head up your a** high stakes if you do it wrong?

9 hours ago, redtail hawk said:

It's early and Garland did the right thing.  Let the chips fall.  Wouldn't be so bad for this to give another D a chance in the primaries.

Hawk…this definitely NOT the right thing. To avoid the appearance of a rigged deal he should’ve selected someone with absolutely ZERO connections to this entire drama. It wouldn’t be hard. But sadly, he didn’t. (For what it’s worth I thought Garland was a sort of poindexter-like character who would brush off his Supreme Court failure, but I was dead wrong. He appears to be a totally vindictive attack dog. You always have to keep your eye on his type.)

• Agree 2

"They thought it was over, that they could put it in the rearview mirror. All that Hunter Biden had to do was show up in a courtroom, answer a few questions..."

"... sign some paperwork and that would be it. Not that the Republicans would let it go, but any real danger would be past.

Except that it did not work out that way. The criminal investigation that President Biden’s advisers believed was all but done has instead been given new life with the collapse of the plea agreement and the appointment of a special counsel who now might bring the president’s son to trial.

What had been a painful but relatively contained political scandal that animated mainly partisans on the right could now extend for months just as the president is gearing up for his re-election campaign.

This time, the questions about Hunter Biden’s conduct may be harder for the White House to dismiss as politically motivated. They may even break out of the conservative echo chamber to the general public... It may be that Attorney General Merrick B. Garland’s decision to designate Mr. Weiss a special counsel with more independence to run the inquiry means that there is still more potential legal peril stemming from Hunter Biden’s business dealings with foreign firms.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/08/11/us/politics/president-biden-hunter.html?smid=url-share

• Agree 1

12 hours ago, B-Man said:

TWO BIG PROBLEMS WITH WEISS AS SPECIAL COUNSEL:

The law says a Special Counsel must be impartial and must be from outside the government.

David Weiss arguably is anything but impartial, as evidenced by his endorsement of the sweetheart plea deal offered Hunter Biden.

And Weiss obviously is a government insider, according to Rep. Pete Sessions (R-Texas) and multiple others.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/us/garlands-special-counsel-appointment-may-violate-law-requiring-impartiality-somebody-outside-of-government-rep-pete-sessions-5460436

I heard this argument last night on a talk radio show… quoting Andrew Sullivan.  

It makes sense, of course, that a Special counsel might be special.  The point was also made that as a member of the DOJ, Weiss is investigating the son of his boss and perhaps by extension, his boss.

Finally, it should be noted that Weiss was apparently assigned SC status due to the unusual nature of the alleged crimes.  I don’t understand that— two weeks ago an allegedly perfectly crafted plea bargain designed to serve justice similar to whatever regular guy on the street might get if he failed to declare millions in income, partnered with hostile government, illegally possessed a handgun and discarded it without regard to public safety—why would a SC be required?  Once the determination was made, why assign the guy who f’d this simple case up enough that a judge had to intervene to see it through? 

I’ll bet John from Riverside is hurting for Hunter today.  

5 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Hawk…this definitely NOT the right thing. To avoid the appearance of a rigged deal he should’ve selected someone with absolutely ZERO connections to this entire drama. It wouldn’t be hard. But sadly, he didn’t. (For what it’s worth I thought Garland was a sort of poindexter-like character who would brush off his Supreme Court failure, but I was dead wrong. He appears to be a totally vindictive attack dog. You always have to keep your eye on his type.)

It's payback time.

A lot of that going on in DC these days.

Edited by reddogblitz

6 hours ago, redtail hawk said:

I hope all the grifters, including Hunter, get justice.  Clean up the mess in aisle 1...

Hawk....as I regularly told the elected officials I worked with for decades, it is up to THEM to make sure they're nowhere near this sort of corruption. So, the problem is NOT Hunter!  As a private citizen he's free to make as much money as he can from whatever source he can, as long as it isn't illegal. It is not illegal for Hunter to be on the Board of a foreign company. That however is NOT true of Joe Biden. Joe should've made sure he wasn't in the neighborhood of any of these dealings, whether he got money directly, or not.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Finally, it should be noted that Weiss was apparently assigned SC status due to the unusual nature of the alleged crimes.  I don’t understand that— two weeks ago an allegedly perfectly crafted plea bargain designed to serve justice similar to whatever regular guy on the street might get if he failed to declare millions in income, partnered with hostile government, illegally possessed a handgun and discarded it without regard to public safety—why would a SC be required?  Once the determination was made, why assign the guy who f’d this simple case up enough that a judge had to intervene to see it through? 

I’ll bet John from Riverside is hurting for Hunter today.  

Part of the plea deal was that Hunter waived his right of venue. They could settle the tax and gun charges in Delaware.

With the plea deal blown up, the crimes will have to be prosecuted in the venues in which they occurred.

As the US Attorney for the District of Delaware, Weiss can only charge in Delaware. He needs Special Counsel status to charge Hunter outside of Delaware.

I believe he has already filed a motion to withdraw the information filed in Delaware so that he can file indictments for the same crimes in other jurisdictions.

6 hours ago, ChiGoose said:

Part of the plea deal was that Hunter waived his right of venue. They could settle the tax and gun charges in Delaware.

With the plea deal blown up, the crimes will have to be prosecuted in the venues in which they occurred.

As the US Attorney for the District of Delaware, Weiss can only charge in Delaware. He needs Special Counsel status to charge Hunter outside of Delaware.

I believe he has already filed a motion to withdraw the information filed in Delaware so that he can file indictments for the same crimes in other jurisdictions.

Thanks.  I think you’re dealing with the process that will be followed.  I’m looking at the actions of the AG.  This was the statement I was referring to:

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/merrick-garland-david-weiss-hunter-biden-probe_n_64d660e1e4b00842fd10d0b1

“Upon considering his request, as well as the extraordinary circumstances relating to this matter, I have concluded that it’s in the public’s interest to appoint him as special counsel.”

The investigation has been ongoing for several years, with Weiss seemingly straddling the divide between gun charges, allegations of tax evasion, and state and federal law.   My question is what circumstances made it extraordinary after all this time that prompted Garland to act, or Weiss to request? 

It seems sort of extreme to me.  Biden is who he is, but part of this is a tax evasion case.  A guy in that case typically takes a plea or goes to trial.  Same with the gun charges.  Everything shifted when the plea was rejected, in spite of all the unusual things that happened along the line (independent experts in the IC inserting themselves into the discussion, President Biden speaking about his son’s innocence, First Lady Dr. Biden doing the same,  dem senators casting doubt on the trustworthiness of whistleblowers), the timing and circumstances seem odd.  

What suddenly made the circumstances extraordinary?  

Edited by leh-nerd skin-erd
  • Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Thanks.  I think you’re dealing with the process that will be followed.  I’m looking at the actions of the AG.  This was the statement I was referring to:

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/merrick-garland-david-weiss-hunter-biden-probe_n_64d660e1e4b00842fd10d0b1

“Upon considering his request, as well as the extraordinary circumstances relating to this matter, I have concluded that it’s in the public’s interest to appoint him as special counsel.”

The investigation has been ongoing for several years, with Weiss seemingly straddling the divide between gun charges, allegations of tax evasion, and state and federal law.   My question is what circumstances made it extraordinary after all this time that prompted Garland to act, or Weiss to request? 

It seems sort of extreme to me.  Biden is who he is, but part of this is a tax evasion case.  A guy in that case typically takes a plea or goes to trial.  Same with the gun charges.  Everything shifted when the plea was rejected, in spite of all the unusual things that happened along the line (independent experts in the IC inserting themselves into the discussion, President Biden speaking about his son’s innocence, First Lady Dr. Biden doing the same,  dem senators casting doubt on the trustworthiness of whistleblowers), the timing and circumstances seem odd.  

What suddenly made the circumstances extraordinary?  

I think it’s just the collapse of the plea deal.

Without the plea deal, you’re headed to trial against the son of the President.  Aside from the jurisdictional issues I mentioned before, elevating Weiss to Special Counsel gives him a level of independence he doesn’t have as a US Attorney. 

If the DoJ is going to prosecute the President’s kid, having as much independence as possible from main Justice is a good idea. 

That wasn’t necessary when he was just going to plead out, but it’s the right thing to do now that they are moving to a trial. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1