🇨🇳🇷🇴🇺🇦 Biden's Corruption: $20M+ bribes. All the evidence that isn't evidence.

Hunter Biden to plead guilty to federal tax charges, strikes deal on gun charge

Hunter Biden, the son of President Joe Biden, will plead guilty to two tax misdemeanors and struck a deal with federal prosecutors to resolve a felony gun charge, the Justice Department said Tuesday in court filings.

As part of the plea agreement, the Justice Department has agreed to recommend a sentence of probation for the two counts of failing to pay taxes in a timely matter for the years 2017 and 2018, according to sources. Hunter Biden owed at least $100,000 in federal taxes for 2017, and at least $100,000 in 2018, but did not pay what was due to the Internal Revenue Service by the deadlines.

A judge will have the final say on any sentence.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/06/20/politics/hunter-biden/index.html

1 hour ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Hunter is a stooge, a rich kid from an entitled family.  

He dodged taxes on a million + that we know of, and broke gun laws at a time when gun violence is top of mind and heads roll for exactly this sort of thing.  

He and his father were protected by the IC when his laptop was discovered, a favor to an extraordinarily powerful and wealthy man. 

Meanwhile, he’s “painting” and being paid exorbitant figures for his work by immensely wealthy individuals and donors.

So…he abuses the system, does all the rich guy things you guys are always complaining about (when not involving a liberal), f&@&s around with firearms, avoids jail time an average person would not and is financially whole or better.

Yeah, liberal justice is truly colorblind.  You gotta wonder why all this happens repeatedly, huh? 

🤣

57 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

Who said the justice system is fair?  It can definitely be improved. There are crooked judges, rogue cops, crooked lawyers etc. Yup, you or I would be in jail for any of this stuff.  Then consider what happens to people who can't afford a lawyer or are jailed for overdue fines and court costs they can't pay off.  But this trump vs hunter comparison of justice is stupid.  They'll likely both get off with hand slaps.  Better than ignoring their crimes.

I don’t know, who said the law is fair?  

I’ve always said people are above the law.   Arguing otherwise is naive or purposefully obtuse.  

I’ve always said you like your inequity, your president who lies and gropes women, your “election was stolen” better than the Trump version, you’re “my guy only pilfered documents over decades and hid them in different spots” better than the other guy.

It simply means you’re as full of cr@p as anyone else. 

I was just pointing that out. Glad we agree.  It’s all good. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I don’t know, who said the law is fair?  

I’ve always said people are above the law.   Arguing otherwise is naive or purposefully obtuse.  

I’ve always said you like your inequity, your president who lies and gropes women, your “election was stolen” better than the Trump version, you’re “my guy only pilfered documents over decades and hid them in different spots” better than the other guy.

It simply means you’re as full of cr@p as anyone else. 

I was just pointing that out. Glad we agree.  It’s all good. 

yeah, not gonna try to unpack or diagram that argument.  My mind refuses to function for a minute in that perverse way.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

“Implicated in” means nothing for sentencing and plea deals. If he wasn’t charged with it, it’s irrelevant. 

If you want to argue for stricter gun control, I’m 100% with you here. 

4 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

“Implicated in” means nothing for sentencing and plea deals. If he wasn’t charged with it, it’s irrelevant. 

If you want to argue for stricter gun control, I’m 100% with you here. 

It matters to the extent people feel it matters.  

We’re not sentencing, nor are we negotiating plea deals.  In fact, there are very few people involved in that part of the equation. 

We’re on the emotional

side of the ledger, where we look at information available, we figure the relative value and what it means to us, and figure how it moves us to vote/opine one way or the other. 

Think the Russia-lusion dealio here, Chi.  Back when Mueller said he wasn’t able to not unsay that Trump was or was not unguilty of, people applied emotion to whatever message he was trying to deliver.  

As for gun control, well the message has been sent that it ain’t all that big a deal.  

4 hours ago, redtail hawk said:

Who said the justice system is fair?  It can definitely be improved. There are crooked judges, rogue cops, crooked lawyers etc. Yup, you or I would be in jail for any of this stuff.  Then consider what happens to people who can't afford a lawyer or are jailed for overdue fines and court costs they can't pay off.  But this trump vs hunter comparison of justice is stupid.  They'll likely both get off with hand slaps.  Better than ignoring their crimes.

Many have proclaimed the rule of law applies to everyone.  Nobody is above the law.  I'll give them credit for having the self-control to not even crack a smile while speaking the words much less fall on the floor rolling with laughter

The bottom line is this Hunter deal pisses in the face of justice.  Those flaws you cite are part of the system at various points, unfortunately.  But generally small time players. 

But this stinks from the very top.  The leader of the "free world".  Posters that believe Joe is the second coming of Jesus can rationalize it any way they want.  Never admit the guy is not infallible.  Never open their eyes. 

And hope if they or somebody close to them gets in trouble their daddy is President of the US or the ruler of some 3rd world hell hole where he can direct his enforcers to order their release.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1

39 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Many have proclaimed the rule of law applies to everyone.  Nobody is above the law.  I'll give them credit for having the self-control to not even crack a smile while speaking the words much less fall on the floor rolling with laughter

The bottom line is this Hunter deal pisses in the face of justice.  Those flaws you cite are part of the system at various points, unfortunately.  But generally small time players. 

But this stinks from the very top.  The leader of the "free world".  Posters that believe Joe is the second coming of Jesus can rationalize it any way they want.  Never admit the guy is not infallible.  Never open their eyes. 

And hope if they or somebody close to them gets in trouble their daddy is President of the US or the ruler of some 3rd world hell hole where he can direct his enforcers to order their release.

I think the bottom is where most of the injustice happens.  There are many more regular people in court rooms every day than ex politicians or politicians kids.  been a character witness a couple times.  My wife just showed up at the trial of a part time employee that was facing big trouble for a minor offense.  The judge listened to her and gave probation.  The sad people I saw in court the times I've been there were really pathetic (and mostly really stupid) for the most part.  And the rulings seemed reasonable, as little as I know about the law.  There are other factors at play here.  An ex prez with a rabid, violent following and a moronic son of the current prez.  Of course they're gonna be treated differently.  They shouldn't be but just are.  There are cultural considerations and questions of civil unrest re trump's trial.  At the very top, things are different even if you are a scumbag.  The rest of your argument is bs...

• Haha (+1) 1