Cody Ford revival under Kromer?

uticaclub

2 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

That's the same technique that got the Bills them off-bus-starters.........Shaq, Ragnuts and da Fuhrer.......1-2-3 in the 2016 draft.

It's been said a million times........but it's true........you really gotta' get the best players available(at premium positions) with those early picks.........they need to be the potential future DE1/CB1/LT1/WR1 of your team.......need is what free agency is for.

Im confused....isnt that basically what he said?   You say corner....his first pick is a corner.

You dont want to go to the well to many times on DE.....Dawkins is fine as the LT.....we have our WR number 1 already on the roster

14 hours ago, sven233 said:

Ford is stiff, slow, and doesn't move well at all.  He is constantly exposed by quickness and, unfortunately, he is just not a good enough athlete to keep up.  So, he can be taught all the techniques in the world, but slow feet and reaction time will always hold him back.  Never liked the pick in the first place and he's never shown anything to any of us to get some hope at all.

So, still a chance then...

I agree with the above, but Beane holds on to his high picks like they were his own kids. Likely we'll still have Cody to kick around in 2022.

16 hours ago, uticaclub said:

Any chance Kromer salvages Ford’s career, and he turns into a starting RG?

I think Bates has earned the right to start, but I also think McDermott likes him being available to play all 5 OL positions

There's a chance,  I wouldn't bet on it.  I would keep Ford and give him a chance under Kromer, but I would not plan to rely on him as anything more than a bench player at this point.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.