2022 Free Agency - Around the NFL Thread

Draconator

Just now, 2020 Our Year For Sure said:

Ah but it wouldn't help us make a move until June.

It would free up 1.5M immediately with the remaining 3.6M in savings coming June 1st.  

More importantly gets the guy that doesnt want to play anymore off the roster

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Mikie's Bills said:

Considering this guy said the Pats are signing Chark, safe to say he is not reliable

Also had JC Jackson to Chargers.  So go figure sometimes independent sources are not as reliable as the Big Time Reporters yet

11 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Also had JC Jackson to Chargers.  So go figure sometimes independent sources are not as reliable as the Big Time Reporters yet

He tweeted the NYG and Bills were talking an Evan Engram trade... when Engram was a FA? Doesn't seem to know what he's talking about. Guy has 7 followers. Anyone can put random guesses on twitter

Edited by Mikie's Bills

7 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Bobby you are a good poster but holy crap man.

You do realize how twitter works right? You can put whatever the hell you want in your twitter bio.

He account has 6 followers. It's a fake account.

Everyone and their mother's were predicting Jackson to the chargers....for weeks. 

2 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I think with Athletes First (Todd France) he mostly reps QBs from what I was tracking.  It is interesting that Drew isnt in this list but yet his agency seems attached to almost every signing, unless I just see his name and think that based on the teams I have been looking at.

14 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Jesus is it m or does Drew rep 90% of the league anymore.  It is like almost every signing is repped by Drew

I like the positive talk about Buffalo as a FA destination but if it just helps add a near-finished Rodger Saffold at a bargain rate............that's not much.

The other UFA's they've signed weren't ring chasing deals by any means so the evidence that it's a destination isn't there yet.

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I think with Athletes First (Todd France) he mostly reps QBs from what I was tracking.  It is interesting that Drew isnt in this list but yet his agency seems attached to almost every signing, unless I just see his name and think that based on the teams I have been looking at.

He's 4th down on the list.  I agree that it seems his name has been popping up more than anyone else's.

Just now, Gugny said:

He's 4th down on the list.  I agree that it seems his name has been popping up more than anyone else's.

Yeah I see home now. Missed it first initial look. I think I am going to dig into this more. Maybe France looks for the money positions and players hence his haul (if you rep the QBs). 

it would be interesting to see Frances entire client list compared to Drews. Maybe a project for me in the future 

2 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I like the positive talk about Buffalo as a FA destination but if it just helps add a near-finished Rodger Saffold at a bargain rate............that's not much.

The other UFA's they've signed weren't ring chasing deals by any means so the evidence that it's a destination isn't there yet.

It just means that now they're actually answering Buffalo's calls.

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Yeah I see home now. Missed it first initial look. I think I am going to dig into this more. Maybe France looks for the money positions and players hence his haul (if you rep the QBs). 

it would be interesting to see Frances entire client list compared to Drews. Maybe a project for me in the future 

I'm trying to find similar data and there's not a lot out there that's easily sortable.  What's really interesting (to me) is that NFL Agents can't get any more than 3% commission.

I also don't know how much agents get from their clients' endorsements (I think Rosenhaus represents Gronk) and whether that is factored into the 3% cap.

3 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I'm trying to find similar data and there's not a lot out there that's easily sortable.  What's really interesting (to me) is that NFL Agents can't get any more than 3% commission.

I also don't know how much agents get from their clients' endorsements (I think Rosenhaus represents Gronk) and whether that is factored into the 3% cap.

That cap was recently established (in last 5-10 years I think too maybe with the new CBA). I think I remember something about agents Commission stuff maybe it was in the rookie wage scale agreement. 

Fo some reason historically I thought it was higher. And why players started looking at repping themselves during a trend awhile back. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.