Seahawks going after Deshaun Watson

YoloinOhio

DK + Deshaun = oh baby

4 minutes ago, nucci said:

So they could be going after him or could not....they could be interested or are not.....

They are interested but can’t do anything until his legal stuff is resolved. Friday is a big day. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, H2o said:

Trade Wilson, who is a top 10 QB with a squeaky clean image, to go after a top 10 QB in Watson who is a degenerate and you aren't certain if he'll ever play again? Makes sense. 

They won’t trade for him if his legal issue isn’t resolved. That said Russ wanted out, so they aren’t willingly swapping the images. If they can get a younger Watson plus that haul they got for Russ… 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, teef said:

i think i heard that watson's case will go in front of a grand jury this friday.  i'm not sure how long after his issues could be resolved, but i assume it's a big step.

It is. We should know by the end of the month what, if any, criminal charges he'll have to face.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

They won’t trade for him if his legal issue isn’t resolved. That said Russ wanted out, so they aren’t willingly swapping the images. If they can get a younger Watson plus that haul they got for Russ… 

They'll be handing over that haul and then some for Watson.

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Watson is 26 (6 years younger than Wilson) and an undeniable talent. If he survives his legal issues and actually plays for the Seahawks, it could end up being a great reboot for both Watson and the Seahawks

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, teef said:

i think i heard that watson's case will go in front of a grand jury this friday.  i'm not sure how long after his issues could be resolved, but i assume it's a big step.

While a decision on criminal charges could come as early as Friday, Watson will face several days of depositions in the 22 pending civil cases, as each of the plaintiff's in those cases can question him for up to two hours, Hardin said.

"Once the grand jury process is concluded we intend for him to start answering questions in depositions," Hardin said.

From the schefter link above.

seems like once the criminal stuff is done it is going to ramp up the trade stuff soon 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

We shall see. I'm still in the line of thought that Watson will be out this entire year as well, with his overall future in doubt NFL wise. I have a feeling we will see some criminal charges in the next month or so.

From a talent/age perspective... Watson >>> Russ

If this happens, good.. Finally get a good QB over to the NFC to compete with cakewalk Rodgers.

Although, we saw Kyler look incompetent at times without Hopkins.  In the one year post-Hopkins in Houston, Watson didn't exactly look very good - He put up most of his numbers in garbage time. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.