March Movies: The Batman, & The Lost City get Spring Season going

Mark Vader

I'm back!

Yes, I've always been here, but it's been some time since I made my last upcoming movies slate.

For awhile movies have been released on a more regular basis, but I wanted to wait for the new year to start and get this up and running again.

I will be listing movies that only have release dates in movie theatres. No movies that are being livestreamed on whichever streaming site will be posted on here.

If any of you wish to post any movie that I do not list here, please go ahead. I am doing my best research to see if all of these movies are correct with their date of release and if they are actually opening nationwide in theatres.

Needless to say I am glad to be doing this again, so let's get started!

Warner Bros. and director Matt Reeves hope to strike gold in the DC universe with their latest incarnation of, "The Batman". Robert Pattinson now takes the helm as the Caped Crusader. When the Riddler, a sadistic serial killer, begins murdering key political figures in Gotham, Batman is forced to investigate the city's hidden corruption and question his family's involvement. 

While DC is still delivering underwhelming results with their latest superhero movies, they are hoping that Matt Reeves can deliver a positive outcome to spark life in their franchise. A dark atmosphere and a 3 hour running time will test mainstream audiences, but if it works out, things could be looking up for DC.

Also starring Colin Farell, Paul Dano, Zoe Kravitz, Jeffrey Wright & Andy Serkis.

Channing Tatum & Sandra Bullock headline Paramount's Adventure/Comedy "The Lost City". A reclusive romance novelist on a book tour with her cover model gets swept up in a kidnapping attempt that lands them both in a cutthroat jungle adventure.

Also starring, Brad Pitt, Daniel Radcliffe & Patti Harrison.

In "The Outfit", An expert tailor must outwit a dangerous group of mobsters in order to survive a fateful night.

Starring Mark Rylance, Zoey Deutch, Dylan O'Brien & Johnny Flynn.

In "Umma", Amanda and her daughter live a quiet life on an American farm, but when the remains of her estranged mother arrive from Korea, Amanda becomes haunted by the fear of turning into her own mother.

Starring Sandra Oh, Dermot Mulroney & Odeya Rush.

Finally in "Tyson's Run", An unathletic boy with autism strives to become an unlikely marathon champion giving his unfulfilled father purpose and a second chance at putting his family first.

Starring Major Dodson, Amy Smart & Barkhad Abdi.

Calendar with Trailers

3/4

"The Batman": https://www.thebatman.com/?home

3/11

"Tyson's Run": https://tysonsrun.com/

3/18

"Umma": https://www.sonypictures.com/movies/umma

"The Outfit": https://www.focusfeatures.com/the-outfit

3/25

"The Lost City": https://www.thelostcity.movie/home/

That's all I have for now. Again, if you feel that I missed something please post it. Enjoy!

• Like (+1) 2

On 3/4/2022 at 12:23 PM, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

I’m tired of all the Batman remakes 

Same here.  Seems it needs to be remade every 5-10 years.  They need to look at Marvel and why those are so successful, then copy the formula. Imagine if we got a new Iron Man every decade.  

With drastic cost in amount to see movies at theatres including many matinees being discontinued I stopped with seeing movies at theatres from 6-12 a year down to 1-2.   A movie needs to be avoidable from being spoiled by hype and not want to be missed on big screen.  Even the smaller theatre which I used to watch movies at just before they would go to video / cable went from $2-4 to $8.

Was planning on seeing The Batman today but will wait to next weekend when I expect number of people will go down.

IMO the Riddler as a sadistic serial killer will not work well.  There are other villains in Batman universe who would fit that role better rather than trying to remake a name villain to role movie writer wanted. 

I went to see The Batman last night with the kids.  I thought it was solid. Not better than the Nolan Batman movies, but a new fresh take with more emphasis in him being a detective was good to see 

1 hour ago, Limeaid said:

IMO the Riddler as a sadistic serial killer will not work well.  There are other villains in Batman universe who would fit that role better rather than trying to remake a name villain to role movie writer wanted. 

The Riddler works in this movie. I don't want to say anything to spoil it for you,  but he's not really a serial killer by normal standards.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Just Jack said:

Same here.  Seems it needs to be remade every 5-10 years.  They need to look at Marvel and why those are so successful, then copy the formula. Imagine if we got a new Iron Man every decade.  

Seriously. Why does DC suck so bad..

Joker was awesome and it seems The Batman achieves the same tone and will have similar success...but they don't connect the two.... talk about a wasted opportunity.

8 hours ago, Just Jack said:

WTF.  Another post of mine was deleted?

I'm pretty sure I wasn’t rude to anyone again here.  

tired of Batman 

and I’d be interested in The Lost City". 

I haven’t been to the movies in years. You might be able to guess why. I was looking at my local theater just a few days ago (it’s next to my favorite wine shop) and wondering when I would go back. Now I’ll start looking for something I want to see. 

It’s been interesting to see how many “big names” have done stuff that goes straight to streaming. The world keeps changing! Get used to it! 

16 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

WTF.  Another post of mine was deleted?

I'm pretty sure I wasn’t rude to anyone again here.  

tired of Batman 

and I’d be interested in The Lost City". 

That's weird. Was it actually deleted or is it a bug of some sort?

16 hours ago, Augie said:

I haven’t been to the movies in years. You might be able to guess why. I was looking at my local theater just a few days ago (it’s next to my favorite wine shop) and wondering when I would go back. Now I’ll start looking for something I want to see. 

It’s been interesting to see how many “big names” have done stuff that goes straight to streaming. The world keeps changing! Get used to it! 

I'm all for it. Simultaneous release on streaming and in theaters is the way to go.

27 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

That's weird. Was it actually deleted or is it a bug of some sort?

I dunno 🤷‍♀️ 

I had this week or 2, so after the 1st I tried to be careful

I “sometimes” post a wisecrack that may not go over well and someone gets offended that may get doubled up

but I don’t see why I would have in this thread 

I even asked in the other thread if I had done something wrong or if a thread was duplicated  and was told 

Yes and no

I didn’t do anything wrong. 

20 minutes ago, Rico said:

It’ll be on HBOMAX in mid-April, but I recommend seeing it in a premium theater like Dolby Cinema. 

I may watch it.  
Patterson just doesn’t make me want to see it

may it’s because I had to watch Harry Potter and those Vampire shows when my daughter was a teenager 

27 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

I dunno 🤷‍♀️ 

I had this week or 2, so after the 1st I tried to be careful

I “sometimes” post a wisecrack that may not go over well and someone gets offended that may get doubled up

but I don’t see why I would have in this thread 

I even asked in the other thread if I had done something wrong or if a thread was duplicated  and was told 

Yes and no

I didn’t do anything wrong. 

I may watch it.  
Patterson just doesn’t make me want to see it

may it’s because I had to watch Harry Potter and those Vampire shows when my daughter was a teenager 

Pattinson has come a LONG way since the Twilight movies. If you haven’t seen them, I highly recommend The Lighthouse and Good Time. He is excellent as Batman; as Bruce Wayne, he was OK but could be better, I think he will grow into it. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.