Mike McDaniel hired as HC by Miami

Hapless Bills Fan

4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

The Jets are a Shanahan offense with a former Shanahan OC calling the plays. How many yards we hold them to last time we played them? I'll hang up and listen.

Well I am ringing. The OC that the Jets have was not with Shanahan for 15+ years. The OC that is with the Jets has not been called a genius by former players and coaches. The Jets do not have the OL that the 49ers have and neither does the Dolphins for that matter.

Im not even saying the Dolphins are no where close to beating the Bills but to not acknowledge the formula that the Dolphins are trying to build is the BILLS defense Achilles hill at this point and if the BIlls are not careful the Dolphins will be looking like Jay Ajayi running for 200+ yards in back to back games in 2016  to pair with potentially a good defense. I wouldnt want to have to go to South Beach in Sep in 100+ heat and get ran on 40 times. Just saying

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

The niners were never in that game after the first half. The Bills rolled up the score and there was some garbage time throwing to try to keep up. Their run game was pretty ineffective. The only points they scored in the 1st half were because the Bills turned it over on their own 3 yard line. 

I understand your point but I hope the Bills unlike you are respecting a divisional opponent that has 80mill in salary cap and are devising a plan that does not depend on great QB play pair with a good defense for a least the next couple of years.

9 minutes ago, Protocal69 said:

I understand your point but I hope the Bills unlike you are respecting a divisional opponent that has 80mill in salary cap and are devising a plan that does not depend on great QB play pair with a good defense for a least the next couple of years.

Check out the way they SPEND that money. Year after year we hear about the Dolphins and their cap space. Everyone panics when they sign a tin of players. Then they overspend on players that don't pan out, sometimes releasing them after 1 season and take the dead cap.

Nothing they have done with their cap money over the years has me the least bit worried they will actually improve their teams with it as long as they have a buffoon of a GM writing the checks.

22 minutes ago, Protocal69 said:

Well I am ringing. The OC that the Jets have was not with Shanahan for 15+ years. The OC that is with the Jets has not been called a genius by former players and coaches. The Jets do not have the OL that the 49ers have and neither does the Dolphins for that matter.

Im not even saying the Dolphins are no where close to beating the Bills but to not acknowledge the formula that the Dolphins are trying to build is the BILLS defense Achilles hill at this point and if the BIlls are not careful the Dolphins will be looking like Jay Ajayi running for 200+ yards in back to back games in 2016  to pair with potentially a good defense. I wouldnt want to have to go to South Beach in Sep in 100+ heat and get ran on 40 times. Just saying

He was with Shanahan for 8 years though and he got plenty of rave reviews in San Fran too and progressed to co-OC with McDaniel faster than McDaniel did. The Shanahan offense is an effective offense for propping up limited Quarterbacks and creating an effective run game, no doubt. But you have the horses to carry it off especially up front. 

And the best guy at calling the Shanahan offense is Kyle Shanahan. Every single acolyte of that system, including Sean McVay who is about to coach in his second Superbowl, is less effective calling it than Kyle himself. I think Kyle Shanahan is the best offensive mind in the National Football League. 

• Agree 2

9 hours ago, FarrellsFinest said:

I dont care what anyone says. This has RACHEL Dolzel written all over it! This is crazy. First guy to benifit from the rooney rule as a Head Coach is white complected and claims he has a black father who no one can find a picture of or even a name? Ok just get rid of the rule its hurting more than its helping at this point.

And who are you that he needs to prove it to? Have you been looking on line for photos of his father? Have you been digging around?

How about this, rather than him needing to prove anything to you....how about you prove he's not what he says? 

It's attitudes like this one that try to define what diversity should look like that make having rules about diversity a necessity. 

• Agree 1

42 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

He was with Shanahan for 8 years though and he got plenty of rave reviews in San Fran too and progressed to co-OC with McDaniel faster than McDaniel did. The Shanahan offense is an effective offense for propping up limited Quarterbacks and creating an effective run game, no doubt. But you have the horses to carry it off especially up front. 

And the best guy at calling the Shanahan offense is Kyle Shanahan. Every single acolyte of that system, including Sean McVay who is about to coach in his second Superbowl, is less effective calling it than Kyle himself. I think Kyle Shanahan is the best offensive mind in the National Football League. 

I think the guy could be great but I’m always wary of hiring a HC because of how he used players that he no longer has and aren’t easy to find. Example, Saleh who no longer has Nick Bosa et al and his defense was putrid and he seemed married to his scheme with less talent. 

I think the Fish do have some talent at WR but they have a ways to go at RB, TE and OL. Overall if they are going to completely devote themselves to propping up Tua I’ll absolutely take that as a Bills fan. Essentially they are chasing 2nd place in the AFC East and a WC berth as a ceiling.

Edited by YoloinOhio

9 hours ago, Augie said:

I don’t doubt that, but it was not my point at all. 

Which guy owns a locker room, and which guy looks like he might be in charge of towels? 

If this is what the towel boy is coming home to every night...I'd be one fluffy towel, Downey comfort, handing out fella any day of the week...

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think the guy could be great but I’m always wary of hiring a HC because of how he used players that he no longer has and aren’t easy to find. Example, Saleh who no longer has Nick Bosa et al and his defense was putrid and he seemed married to his scheme with less talent. 

I think the Fish do have some talent at WR but they have a ways to go at RB, TE and OL. Overall if they are going to completely devote themselves to propping up Tua I’ll absolutely take that as a Bills fan. Essentially they are chasing 2nd place in the AFC East and a WC berth as a ceiling.

Yea it isn't an anti-McDaniel position I am taking. Smart guy, comes from a good coaching tree. But in terms of running his offense.... my assessment is:

Quarterback: I think the stretch zone WCO is a better fit for Tua than what they have had him in so far. It will incorporate more timing routes, which plays to his strengths, it will scheme guys open which helps given that he is not an anticipatory thrower, and it simplifies some of his reads. 

Running Back: Think Myles Gaskin is the right style of runner, in that he is a one cut guy, but might be a little slow to be a star in the system. 

Tight End: They need a couple of guys who can block and get out into pass patterns. Not sure I see Gesicki as a fit even if they bring him back.

Oline: Is a mess. They have spent premium picks the last two drafts on Eicheburg, Jackson and Hunt - and of them only Jackson really strikes me as a scheme fit and the problem with him is he isn't very good. 

Wide Receiver: Jaylon Waddle is a perfect fit and will be a stud in this scheme. But their other guys? DeVante Parker and Preston Williams do not strike me as guys you woul pick to play in this scheme. 

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea it isn't an anti-McDaniel position I am taking. Smart guy, comes from a good coaching tree. But in terms of running his offense.... my assessment is:

Quarterback: I think the stretch zone WCO is a better fit for Tua than what they have had him in so far. It will incorporate more timing routes, which plays to his strengths, it will scheme guys open which helps given that he is not an anticipatory thrower, and it simplifies some of his reads. 

Running Back: Think Myles Gaskin is the right style of runner, in that he is a one cut guy, but might be a little slow to be a star in the system. 

Tight End: They need a couple of guys who can block and get out into pass patterns. Not sure I see Gesicki as a fit even if they bring him back.

Oline: Is a mess. They have spent premium picks the last two drafts on Eicheburg, Jackson and Hunt - and of them only Jackson really strikes me as a scheme fit and the problem with him is he isn't very good. 

Wide Receiver: Jaylon Waddle is a perfect fit and will be a stud in this scheme. But their other guys? DeVante Parker and Preston Williams do not strike me as guys you woul pick to play in this scheme. 

Agree on waddle. I hated gaskin as an nfl prospect going back to college so I’m biased on him ever being a difference maker, could just be me. Parker will be wasted.

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

I'm hoping to see him top 5 in your next HC rankings. 

He's just been missing the quarterback, it's amazing what he's done despite the limitations there. Of course if he did have a QB and won multiple championships he'd still get no love because then we'd say it's all because of the QB.

10 hours ago, Augie said:

I don’t doubt that, but it was not my point at all. 

Which guy owns a locker room, and which guy looks like he might be in charge of towels?

Wasn't the root point of this whole thing to not judge people by their appearance?

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

The niners were never in that game after the first half. The Bills rolled up the score and there was some garbage time throwing to try to keep up. Their run game was pretty ineffective. The only points they scored in the 1st half were because the Bills turned it over on their own 3 yard line. 

All true, but to be fair to the 49ers they did have Nick Mullens at QB.  Apparently you do need a certain level of QB play to succeed with the Shanny offense.

Miami's problem is the owner,  hes impatient.   he thinks that he can throw money at the problem and if he throws enough the problem will go away faster.

rarely works in the NFL.

u can add him to the list,  Snyder,  Jones,  etc.    they wont win, and neither will Ross unless he actually takes time and lets his employees build a team.

3 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Check out the way they SPEND that money. Year after year we hear about the Dolphins and their cap space. Everyone panics when they sign a tin of players. Then they overspend on players that don't pan out, sometimes releasing them after 1 season and take the dead cap.

Nothing they have done with their cap money over the years has me the least bit worried they will actually improve their teams with it as long as they have a buffoon of a GM writing the checks.

Im not concerned about what they have spent their money on in the past. For the 1st time in a long time they seem like they have a plan on the offense side. Dont let find a way to get Watson and then its really on. Go BILLS!

Just now, Protocal69 said:

Im not concerned about what they have spent their money on in the past. For the 1st time in a long time they seem like they have a plan on the offense side. Dont let find a way to get Watson and then its really on. Go BILLS!

People are still thinking Watson ever sees an NFL field again? Amazing.

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

All Im saying Gunner is that the Dolphins have a vision now of what they need to build to build their offense. Invest in OL and get Patterson=possible profit,

1 minute ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

People are still thinking Watson ever sees an NFL field again? Amazing.

Watson at this point is not even facing a felony. He will be with a new team no later than before the draft.

3 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

And who are you that he needs to prove it to? Have you been looking on line for photos of his father? Have you been digging around?

How about this, rather than him needing to prove anything to you....how about you prove he's not what he says? 

It's attitudes like this one that try to define what diversity should look like that make having rules about diversity a necessity. 

Yes! Im calling BS! He is making a mockery of the rule. You cant piss on somebody call it rain and expect them to ignor it.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1

4 minutes ago, FarrellsFinest said:

Yes! Im calling BS! He is making a mockery of the rule. You cant piss on somebody call it rain and expect them to ignor it.

Provide a link to your findings. Please. Right now, you are the one telling everyone your opinion is rain when it really has a yellow hue to it. So prove it. Provide some evidence. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.