Jump to content

I would give Daboll and big raise and try to keep him


Recommended Posts

While I think that Miami is an option for Daboll. I wonder if he really wants to face the Bills and Patriots 2x a season.

 

The NY Giants are looking at both Daboll and Frazier...who knows.

 

Denver and Chicago out of the Picture, Houston, Jacksonville, Raiders, Miami, Giants, Minnesota, NO Saints.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not going to lie, I don't understand why a person would want to throw away being so close to a SB, to go somewhere that is seems a lot farther away.

 

I don't care about power, so I may not be thinking about it correctly, but I just don't think I would take a HC job right now if I was in Daboll's spot.  I would be perfectly fine being an OC on my hometown team that looks to be in great shape.  The allure of just being called a HC for a couple years before being fired would do nothing for me.  How much money does one really need in comparison to loving your current situation?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

Not going to lie, I don't understand why a person would want to throw away being so close to a SB, to go somewhere that is seems a lot farther away.

 

I don't care about power, so I may not be thinking about it correctly, but I just don't think I would take a HC job right now if I was in Daboll's spot.  I would be perfectly fine being an OC on my hometown team that looks to be in great shape.  The allure of just being called a HC for a couple years before being fired would do nothing for me.  How much money does one really need in comparison to loving your current situation?

 

 

He has 5 SB rings with NE and a national championship ring with Alabama as a non-HC already.

 

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

Not going to lie, I don't understand why a person would want to throw away being so close to a SB, to go somewhere that is seems a lot farther away.

 

I don't care about power, so I may not be thinking about it correctly, but I just don't think I would take a HC job right now if I was in Daboll's spot.  I would be perfectly fine being an OC on my hometown team that looks to be in great shape.  The allure of just being called a HC for a couple years before being fired would do nothing for me.  How much money does one really need in comparison to loving your current situation?

You know how many Super Bowl Rings Bill Belichick has?  

8.  

The ones that will get him into the HOF?  6 with the Patriots.  The 2 with the Giants don’t mean anything.

 

You know how many Super Bowl Rings Josh McDaniels has?

6.

And not a single one will ever get him anywhere near the HOF.

 

I think it’s that simple for 98% of the men in that business.

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Unless Daboll has arranged a clone of Josh Allen to be drafted by the Giants, I think you are going to see a guy out of a job in a couple years. Coordinating and being the team executive is entirely different. I'm glad he's moved on because the passing game is all set, we need the rest of the offense to be fleshed out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/28/2022 at 5:10 PM, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

You know how many Super Bowl Rings Bill Belichick has?  

8.  

The ones that will get him into the HOF?  6 with the Patriots.  The 2 with the Giants don’t mean anything.

 

You know how many Super Bowl Rings Josh McDaniels has?

6.

And not a single one will ever get him anywhere near the HOF.

 

I think it’s that simple for 98% of the men in that business.


There’s also having ultimate responsibility for your team - everything is done your way, the buck stops with you, etc., etc.

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Luka said:

Unless Daboll has arranged a clone of Josh Allen to be drafted by the Giants, I think you are going to see a guy out of a job in a couple years. Coordinating and being the team executive is entirely different. I'm glad he's moved on because the passing game is all set, we need the rest of the offense to be fleshed out.

You realize the passing game being all set just moved to New Jersey, correct?

 

 

  • Disagree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...