Hardest part of yesterday was watching my Son finally understanding what it is to be heartbroken by our beloved Bills

SUNTANBILLS FAN

So sad to see him distraught! We were at the Harry Buffalo in Orlando Florida. we literally were shaking the building when Josh hit Gabe with the amazing 4th TD. But 13 seconds later (game time) he was WTH are they doing. To see him get the “Buffalo Stare” I call it. He was I don’t understand. Well Son welcome to what I’ve tried to explain for years this is what we do. That said we will get over this as we did for WIDE RIGHT, (forward pass) homerun throwback,  lost helmet, Thurman fumbling for a Dallas Td in the Super Bowl, so many years of Tommy boy breaking our hearts, ***** coaches and GMs, Dallas on Monday night! I told him this: we are Buffalo Bills fans. We will be laughed at Called losers and that we don’t deserve to move on. Well son we will pick up our broken hearts off the floor. Lick our wounds and get over this. Next week will be tough and the following 2 weeks will be brutal as we keep thinking 13 seconds it was 13 seconds. Then the Super Bowl will be over there will be a few weeks of down time to reflect. Then we will start look to next year and the draft and free agency to see who we get to help the Defense. The offense is just fine if it stays together short a all world Rb (I like motor). Then we will get to OTAs the training camp. Some players will go some will come here ( I’m betting a lot of great players will) to play with our superstar Qb. Next comes training camp and looking over the schedule and we will be there again to see how we look. Finally as the season approaches we will get so pumped to start this again………

And you all know what l, He and I Will be there again at the Harry Buffalo Ready to cheer on the Bills. Some will ask why: I will say to get that feeling we had when Gabe caught that last TD from Josh! Because one of these years we are gonna win! And these sad devastating days will be gone the Hurt, the pain, the hopelessness all of it will be gone. 
so today son it feels hopeless, devastated, like life took a big dump on us. Take it all keep it in and we will let it out hopefully next year 

signed: a Bills dad 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Gotta break em in early.  My first season really following the team was 1968.

1-12-1. Left me wanting more, because there was so little to like. Your son may get spoiled by Josh. He’s a generational talent and person. Lucky kid! 

• Like (+1) 1

I was definitely more bummed for my son than for myself. I guess I'm hardended at this point - it hurt like nothing else, but I'm still able to keep my emotions relatively in check these days. And recovery time isn't as long (though I'm still dealing).

But man, to see the next generation go through it.  That 13 seconds robbed us of a good moment.  Though, last weekend was one of the best. That's sports.  Hopefully we get that elusive title while Allen is our QB.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SUNTANBILLS FAN said:

Literally went from making the Harry buffalo shake to tears in his eyes!!!!’

Sounds like he's well on his way to understanding true Bills fan heartache and i'm sure he'll see even more of his fair share of opportunities in the foreseeable future to kick him when he's down........you're bringing him along proper.......teach em young.

The world is a cruel place.......you gotta have thick skin to be a Bills fan.

2 minutes ago, Sweats said:

Sounds like he's well on his way to understanding true Bills fan heartache and i'm sure he'll see even more of his fair share of opportunities in the foreseeable future to kick him when he's down........you're bringing him along proper.......teach em young.

The world is a cruel place.......you gotta have thick skin to be a Bills fan.

I hope to have that feeling again when Gabe caught that td! 

I agree. I am from Buffalo, but my 3 kids were born and raised in Atlanta and my wife is from Detroit. Finally my whole family have started watching all the games with me and have become huge Bills/Josh Allen fans. I felt so bad seeing all of them being so disappointed after the game. I was born into this and have gotten used to the highs and lows, but the hardest part was seeing their heartbreak. :(

My 9 year old daughter on her own wore her Allen 17 shirt to school today.  

I've never seen my 12 year old so excited after the TD to Davis.  Hugging him jumping up and down like the kids.  Hell I'm not sure I've ever been that excited.  

I want to punch McDermott in the ***k

Living here in eastern Mass, my two boys (24 and 25) grew up as Pats fans, knowing nothing but championships. I'd buy them Bills jerseys (McGahee, Dareus, etc) that they'd wear here and there, but with no real allegiance. A few years ago, about the time Josh became the starter, they started migrating over to the Light. Now, they're all in. My older one even had the pleasure of getting accosted by a drunk Pats fan at Foxborough this year while wearing my old Jim Kelly jersey.

We traded texts last night throughout the game, after which I said to them "Welcome to being a Bills fan. It's not for the faint-of-heart".

Want to talk about history repeating?  I was a freshman in high school when the bills lost the AFC championship game to Cincy.  32 years later…my son is a freshman in high school when the Bills lose the AFC championship to KC. 

I was a sophomore when the Bills lose a heartbreaker in the division round to Cleveland (Ronnie Harmon drop).  32 years later and my son is a sophomore when the Bills lose this heartbreaker in the divisional round.  

He’s receiving the same scars at the same age that I was.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.