Credit card used for fraudulent transactions after Bills playoff ticket payment

fasteddie

7 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

That’s just wrong on so many levels, sorry that happened to you OP!

Its about the fourth time this has happened to me. I have autopay on about 10 different bill's. Now I have to wait until I get a new card and make all the phone calls to change the number.

Edited by fasteddie

6 minutes ago, fasteddie said:

Its about the fourth time this has happened to me. I have autopay on about 10 different bill's. Now I have to wait until I get a new card and make all the phone calls to change the number.

I had that happen a few years ago and came up with a solution.

I have one credit card I use for autopays only and another card for day to day and one time charges.

• Like (+1) 3

10 minutes ago, fasteddie said:

Sign up for privacy.com, different card for each vendor, then whenever one gets hit you'll know who's got a security issue.

Edit:

And the transaction will be declined, but you'll get notified.

Edited by essential

10 minutes ago, essential said:

Sign up for privacy.com, different card for each vendor, then whenever one gets hit you'll know who's got a security issue.

Edit:

And the transaction will be declined, but you'll get notified.

Heard that’s good for like free trials and other things. Been considering it for a bit. 

3 minutes ago, YattaOkasan said:

Heard that’s good for like free trials and other things. Been considering it for a bit. 

It's actually great for everything, the cards are either single use or lock to the first vendor you use them with, so even if the card number was exposed the transaction would be declined.  You can also set limits for each card (per day, month, year, or total) and you can pause and unpause cards at any time.

Edited by essential
  • Thank you (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, fasteddie said:

Has anyone else have fraudulent charges on their credit card after being charged by the Bills ticket office? Three charges were made the same day, with the playoff tickets the only real charge. 

Should I let the ticket office know next week?

41 minutes ago, fasteddie said:

Just curious as to why you are focusing on the Bills as the culprit if you use this card in so many places and it’s happened to you 4 times?

I have a card I use for everything and it’s been compromised several times. Never been able to pinpoint the culprit but I’m not sure companies are always forthcoming about data breeches. This stuff happens a lot unfortunately. Hopefully your bank is not holding you responsible for the charges. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

This is a little unfair without more proof.

Your card info could have been on the Dark Web for quite some time just sitting waiting to be sold and used.

The Bills purchase could have been a coincidence, but it is good to see if anyone else has the same issue.

5 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

Just curious as to why you are focusing on the Bills as the culprit if you use this card in so many places and it’s happened to you 4 times?

I have a card I use for everything and it’s been compromised several times. Never been able to pinpoint the culprit but I’m not sure companies are always forthcoming about data breeches. This stuff happens a lot unfortunately. Hopefully your bank is not holding you responsible for the charges. 

After I get denied payment, I got on the cc site and they showed the possible fraud payments. I mark them as fraudulent,  but bank puts a hold on the card and will send me a new card. Just a pain in the neck.

2 minutes ago, DrDare said:

This is a little unfair without more proof.

Your card info could have been on the Dark Web for quite some time just sitting waiting to be sold and used.

The Bills purchase could have been a coincidence, but it is good to see if anyone else has the same issue.

Exactly. I just wanted to put it out there to see if anyone else got hacked. Good thing I have another card on me.

1 hour ago, fasteddie said:

I had that happen on so, so many cards...but I have one right now that is my primary debit card that has a 1/22 expiration date. I have no idea how this happened, I literally went through a stretch where my bank had to cancel a card for fraudulent purchases a few times a year for a while, but I'm so close. Like Josh Allen's ex no red zone interception streak, I am terrified every time I need to go to a sketchy gas station.

Hey, on the plus side, we both are going to have to switch a bunch of autopayments.

13 hours ago, HardyBoy said:

I had that happen on so, so many cards...but I have one right now that is my primary debit card that has a 1/22 expiration date. I have no idea how this happened, I literally went through a stretch where my bank had to cancel a card for fraudulent purchases a few times a year for a while, but I'm so close. Like Josh Allen's ex no red zone interception streak, I am terrified every time I need to go to a sketchy gas station.

Hey, on the plus side, we both are going to have to switch a bunch of autopayments.

I thought I had another year before I had to call to change the expiration date on my card. Fooled me.

14 hours ago, fasteddie said:

Has anyone else have fraudulent charges on their credit card after being charged by the Bills ticket office? Three charges were made the same day, with the playoff tickets the only real charge. 

Should I let the ticket office know next week?

I'd be on the phone ASAP letting them know what's up !!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.