President CDC: "Yea cloth masks don't work"

No other way to interpret this.   None

Here come the N95s!!

But wait!  It's a Friday news dump!  Maybe this is the beginning of the end of the protocols......

Nah....they'll double down...

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/01/14/health/cloth-masks-covid-cdc.html

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention on Friday clarified its stance on various kinds of masks, acknowledging that the cloth masks frequently worn by Americans do not offer as much protection as surgical masks or respirators.

Some experts have said that cloth masks are inadequate to protect from the variant, and have urged the C.D.C. to recommend respirators for ordinary citizens.

The agency did not go that far. Its updated language now says that “a respirator may be considered in certain situations and by certain people when greater protection is needed or desired.”

Screenshot_20220114-191353_One UI Home.jpg

Edited by Big Blitz

Omg they're completely gone

A possible COVID benefit: Medical face masks make us more attractive, study finds

The pandemic has upended a lot of aspects in our lives, but it may have also changed what we find attractive in others.

Medical masks, originally a social taboo associated with sickness and disease, have now been found to increase attractiveness, according to a new peer-reviewed study by Cardiff University researchers published on Monday.

Admittedly, a mask does cover half of your face, so the increased attractiveness could be tied to the "beauty of occlusion," the researchers say.

The study was part of continuing research exploring attractiveness and mate choice and how those norms have shifted after COVID. It involved the participation of 43 Cardiff University female undergraduate psychology students, who viewed 40 male faces, 20 of which were attractive and 20 of which were unattractive, based on previous ratings.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2022/01/14/covid-medical-face-masks-attractiveness/6518714001/

Send these people to the f...ing sun

7 hours ago, BillStime said:

keep whining - your FEELZ are pathetic

Do you have anything to say about the article? 
seems like we go from don’t question the science to the science was wrong pretty often.  And if you question it you’re cancelled. 

30 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

Do you have anything to say about the article? 
seems like we go from don’t question the science to the science was wrong pretty often.  And if you question it you’re cancelled. 

Don’t you remember? Dr Fauchi is science! He told us so. 

Anyone who has worked in a dusty environment knew the cloth masks were *****.  In the beginning the CDC was trying to keep the sheep from buying the N95's so all the important people would have them.  

In my workshop I have a couple of respirators and a stack of N95's (I buy in bulk).  When Covid hit my family was all wearing N95's as I had a lot on hand.  We would get stopped by liberal bobbleheads saying "you know those things don't work, the CDC says blah blah blah blah".  We would also get stopped by nurses and doctors saying, "you need to stop using these and donate them to your local hospital".  Had to tell more than a few of our medical "heroes" to f-off.

If you're surprised that the government (and CDC) has been lying to you I don't know what to say other than, do you know the word gullible isn't in the dictionary?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1