Brad Allen crew will officiate Bills-Pats

beebe

This crew tends to not be overly flag happy. On the year, they threw 11.5 flags per game (league avg is 11.82). Last year they were even lower at 10.2 flags per game, which was barely behind the Bill Vinovich crew, who is annually the least flag happy crew in the league (Vinovich's crew did the AFC title game last year vs the Chiefs.) 

Allen's crew did the Bills-Saints game and only threw eight flags. They have called a near-league low for offensive holding penalties at 1.81 per game. (Compare that to Carl Cheffers and Clete Blakesmans' crews who have called more than 3 such penalties per game.)

The Allen crew does call a bit more than league avg defensive PI calls however (1.19 per game). 

If the Bills advance, they should be cheering hard to get either the Cheffers, Hochuli or Martin crew as all three call absurd numbers of defensive PI, etc penalties. An underrated part of last year's AFC title game was Vinovich's crew letting the Chiefs DB's get away with murder—something the Chiefs could NOT get away with in the Super Bowl vs the Bucs with the Cheffers crew. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, beebe said:

This crew tends to not be overly flag happy. On the year, they threw 11.5 flags per game (league avg is 11.82). Last year they were even lower at 10.2 flags per game, which was barely behind the Bill Vinovich crew, who is annually the least flag happy crew in the league (Vinovich's crew did the AFC title game last year vs the Chiefs.) 

Allen's crew did the Bills-Saints game and only threw eight flags. They have called a near-league low for offensive holding penalties at 1.81 per game. (Compare that to Carl Cheffers and Clete Blakesmans' crews who have called more than 3 such penalties per game.)

The Allen crew does call a bit more than league avg defensive PI calls however (1.19 per game). 

If the Bills advance, they should be cheering hard to get either the Cheffers, Hochuli or Martin crew as all three call absurd numbers of defensive PI, etc penalties. An underrated part of last year's AFC title game was Vinovich's crew letting the Chiefs DB's get away with murder—something the Chiefs could NOT get away with in the Super Bowl vs the Bucs with the Cheffers crew. 

The Chiefs were allowed to hold all day against us last year and then the Brady factor takes over and the Chiefs holds get called. You gotta love the choreography of the NFL.

• Agree 5

27 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

The Chiefs were allowed to hold all day against us last year and then the Brady factor takes over and the Chiefs holds get called. You gotta love the choreography of the NFL.

That Tim Donaghy book was great. He covered how certain crews keep games close and have diff rules for different players, sometimes at league instruction. No doubt this happens in NFL. "Entertainment"

• Agree 1

It is important to note that, other than Allen, none of the officials were on his regular season crew.  There is a lot of the Blakeman and Rogers crew being represented:

image.thumb.png.1df7fae1b1ac3ee664d6e7365bab5a2e.png

Edited by sullim4
  • Angry 1

I dont think Allen has it in against the Bills like other refs do. I remember he called the Bills/Colts snow game where shady scored the winning TD.

He made the correct call on the OPI on that 2 pt conversion against the colts that would have won them the game.

So he's always been on my good side, along with jerome boger.

tony corrente, hoculi, cheffers, hussey, martin, smith, torbert, and wrolstad are all bad ones which have called games heavily against our beloved Bills.

i know. its very sad how i know this and i need a life.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, beebe said:

I love this Brad Allen crew— my absolute favorite. They make the game watchable. 

7 hours ago, sullim4 said:

It is important to note that, other than Allen, none of the officials were on his regular season crew.  There is a lot of the Blakeman and Rogers crew being represented:

image.thumb.png.1df7fae1b1ac3ee664d6e7365bab5a2e.png

Give me some Julian Mapp!  Has the same career I had.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.