Congratulations Josh over 10,000 total yards of offense since game 1 2020

78thealltimegreat

After todays 302 total yards of offense Josh has now passed and ran for over 10,000 total yards of offense (10,135 to be exact) since game 1 of the 2020 season.

There is only 1 qb with slightly more total yardage and that’s Mr Mahomes

Putting that number in perspective Mr future Back to Back MVPS Aaron Rogers is a full 1500 yards behind this number

So nice job young man onto the playoffs 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 4

46 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Good for him but his erratic throwing has me concerned going into the playoffs.  The Falcons and Jets secondary is horrendous.

I honestly think this quote is proof how good he is when you worry about a guy who had 5170 total yards of offense and 44 touchdowns this year that kinda shows how concerns have changed for the QB around here. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

I honestly think this quote is proof how good he is when you worry about a guy who had 5170 total yards of offense and 44 touchdowns this year that kinda shows how concerns have changed for the QB around here. 

We had six three and outs today.  He missed some throws badly.    He threw three picks last week.  You're allowed to criticize him and he needs to be his usual self in the playoffs.

• Agree 1

16 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Yards do not tell the context of the atory.  Nice stats are Ok to compare to others but context and w/ L record is the bottom line. Losing qbs often have lots of garbage time yards as you know.   So really who cares about yards: but td to int ratio is important as it affects outcomes more directly and the past 2-3 games are concerning in that Josh has not been great throwing in the red zone ( running very well tho)  and his ints have been quite  regular and the  prior game he had 3.   So it’s just something you would rather NOT be seeing especially at home as you enter the playoffs. 

The offense is having issues. Jets defensively we’re ranked 32nd.  Yet at half we had ONE td and several punts.  We recover against poor teams , but we are 0-5 in one possession games this year and playoff games are usually close!  We continue going  thru offensivev lulls , wasting possessions like getting NO POINTS after a blocked punt today.  We led by 7 at the half and Bill Cower thought that was bad having blocked a punt.Superficially  stats  seem fine but don’t tell the true story,   If we have first half’s like the last 2-3 games, score once then nothing until late3 rd or 4 th quarter , good teams may already have us playing from behind. I believe Josh has ZERO wins coming from behind this year!  So do that in the playoffs and his stats won’t matter.  That’s why people are analyzing or showing concern.  He’s here to win , not throw for the most yards!  

The offense looked poor most of the game today.  We could all see and agree on that. Not sure why , but something is not clicking well. One series 3 passes sailed over everybody., that’s an issue before a playoff game regardless of todays W !   Daboll continues to go away from something that’s working and again in the wind , chose to mostly abandoned the run. Josh ran well but so was motor and Daboll will not stick with it.  This is a. Pretty talented team. Hate to see a stubborn. OC cost us another year because he is poor.at in game adaptation. That is hard to see just looking at stats ! 

• Dislike 2

5 hours ago, DrPJax said:

Yards do not tell the context of the atory.  Nice stats are Ok to compare to others but context and w/ L record is the bottom line. Losing qbs often have lots of garbage time yards as you know.   So really who cares about yards: but td to int ratio is important as it affects outcomes more directly and the past 2-3 games are concerning in that Josh has not been great throwing in the red zone ( running very well tho)  and his ints have been quite  regular and the  prior game he had 3.   So it’s just something you would rather NOT be seeing especially at home as you enter the playoffs. 

The offense is having issues. Jets defensively we’re ranked 32nd.  Yet at half we had ONE td and several punts.  We recover against poor teams , but we are 0-5 in one possession games this year and playoff games are usually close!  We continue going  thru offensivev lulls , wasting possessions like getting NO POINTS after a blocked punt today.  We led by 7 at the half and Bill Cower thought that was bad having blocked a punt.Superficially  stats  seem fine but don’t tell the true story,   If we have first half’s like the last 2-3 games, score once then nothing until late3 rd or 4 th quarter , good teams may already have us playing from behind. I believe Josh has ZERO wins coming from behind this year!  So do that in the playoffs and his stats won’t matter.  That’s why people are analyzing or showing concern.  He’s here to win , not throw for the most yards!  

The offense looked poor most of the game today.  We could all see and agree on that. Not sure why , but something is not clicking well. One series 3 passes sailed over everybody., that’s an issue before a playoff game regardless of todays W !   Daboll continues to go away from something that’s working and again in the wind , chose to mostly abandoned the run. Josh ran well but so was motor and Daboll will not stick with it.  This is a. Pretty talented team. Hate to see a stubborn. OC cost us another year because he is poor.at in game adaptation. That is hard to see just looking at stats ! 

Agree with most of this. We need to get away from looking purely at stats and include context - garbage time stats is a great example of how yards could be skewed. Another example is how Josh threw 3 picks last week and everyone is saying how careless he is with the ball. One of the announcers yesterday actually added that 2 of those balls were tipped - granted, Josh takes some of the blame, but it was just 2 bad bounces. You could even look at Jameis Winston 2 years ago when he threw for over 5,000 yards and 30td but had 30 picks with most of his good stats coming in garbage time.

With that said, we didn't have really any garbage time games where numbers were inflated so you really have to recognize Josh is doing something special. 10,000 yards and 80 td's in 2 seasons truly is great. 

Offense is definitely struggling. But again, even with our struggles, we're putting up 25+ points. Regardless of how bad the opposing defense is, that's a positive. I'm hoping Daboll was calling it conservative today - no designed JA runs or Mackenzie sweeps that have been implemented in the past few weeks. Things will open up this week in the playoffs. 

4 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

I’ve never seen another QB like him. He needs to get better with touch passes and the deep ball but he is truly a force of nature. I don’t think there’s ever been another QB in NFL history who was this talented.

Will go down as the greatest Throwing + Running Threat in NFL history. All the record breaking stats we're seeing weekly right now are reflecting that. 

There might be better running QBs and better throwing QBs (arguable), but not better combination. 

15 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Good for him but his erratic throwing has me concerned going into the playoffs.  The Falcons and Jets secondary is horrendous.

This to me is interesting.  Josh is certainly erratic some days.  Often those are bad weather days, but not always.  Other times nervousness/anxiousness/mood seems to be part of it.  

It's hard to know when Allen will be hot or not.  It wouldn't surprise me if he threw for more than 400 against the Pats, or less than 200.  In either scenario, we'll win.

15 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Wind related. His stats with the wind and against the wind are night and day.

It's not like the other QB is putting up huge numbers and he is sucking. It effects both teams.

16 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

We had six three and outs today.  He missed some throws badly.    He threw three picks last week.  You're allowed to criticize him and he needs to be his usual self in the playoffs.

Two of the three and outs were a direct result of major penalties on the offense line.  At least one was the result of a dropped pass by Davis and all occurred going into the wind.

And if the weather sucks for any home playoff games, I'm confident that mediocre statistics aside Allen will outplay the opposing QB by a wide margin. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.