Josh - 16 games 2020 vs 2021 stats

First Round Bust

Bills lack of a running game is Allen's biggest problem. Singletary has 10 games he didn't hit 50 yards rushing. Teams simply only have to worry about Josh Allen.  Nobody on offense has been very consistent this year including Diggs. Every game receivers are dropping balls.  Last game Diggs didn't catch one in the endzone that hit his hands.  Bills definitely should be using Davis more and rotating McKenzie with Beasley.

17 hours ago, Bruffalo said:

Darnold already has dibbs on being the next Bills backup.

I could see that. Big mates with Josh. 

11 hours ago, dakrider said:

Bills lack of a running game is Allen's biggest problem. Singletary has 10 games he didn't hit 50 yards rushing. Teams simply only have to worry about Josh Allen.  Nobody on offense has been very consistent this year including Diggs. Every game receivers are dropping balls.  Last game Diggs didn't catch one in the endzone that hit his hands.  Bills definitely should be using Davis more and rotating McKenzie with Beasley.

That throw that hit his hands was thrown like a rocket. It was catchable, don't get me wrong, but Josh just needs to take a bit off that. It was fired in there. Josh is tied for the most endzone drops in the league overall though and not many of them are on him. 

4 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Like Trubisky?

Valid question to raise.  I just have a sense that Trubisky is in a different place than Darnold is.  

For one thing, his career has had a different trajectory.  He has a winning record as a QB overall and in 3 of 4 seasons.  He has a pro-bowl appearance.  Completion %, TD/INT ratio, all good enough for a team to win with him and his YPG in Chicago were close, good enough his 2nd season.

And yet he got dumped by the team that drafted him, and that has done worse since moving on.

I think Beane was speaking truth when he said for Trubisky, it was a reset year - a time to watch another team’s offensive style, another QB’s preparation, and to reflect on his own career without the pressure of starting every week (or, as long as Allen was healthy, even the question of whether he would/should).  I think Trubisky knows he is good enough to start in the NFL and that watching the Bears with a different QB would give a different perspective on him to the league.

Darnold is in a different place. For one thing, his numbers have never been good enough to win - completion % below 60%, more INTs than TDs 2 of his 4 years and too close the rest, etc.  I think he is still chafing for a chance to prove he’s good enough to start, and he’s not ready to settle into the backup role for fear he won’t get another chance to start.  I also think he wants to be in a city with more nightlife than Buffalo.

Like I said, nothing concrete, just a sense that Trubisky is in a different place mentally than Darnold is.

• Agree 1

On 1/3/2022 at 7:05 PM, John from Riverside said:

that plays a factor in the statsThe office of line except for the last two games doesn’t appear like it has played as well as it did last year Williams was out at right tackle gearing up for a big extension and ended up having to get moved into guard mongo has been wildly inconsistent the offense of line has been shuffled and re-shuffled that plays a factor in the stats

Geeze, when did you give (*bleep*) or (*bleep*) your password?  You can usually punctuate

• Haha (+1) 2

On 1/5/2022 at 10:08 AM, billsfan1959 said:

I think your eyes are deceiving you.

According to Next Gen Stats, here are the top 10 receivers in Yards of Separation per catch:

Rondale Moore        ARI    5.7
Byron Pringle           KC    4.2
Gerald Everett         SEA    4.1
Noah Fant                DEN    4.1
Dawson Knox          BUF    4.1
Braxton Berrios       NYJ    4.1
Mecole Hardman    KC    4.1
Cole Beasley           BUF    4
Jonnu Smith            NE    4
Robert Woods         LAR    3.8

Yards of separation "per catch" is not a good statistic for measuring a WR's abilities, which is evident when you look at that list of players. It is almost all tight ends and slot receivers. Which makes sense when you consider the amount of screens and check downs and schemed open plays going to those types of pass catchers.

Very rarely this year have I seen Beasley break open with a sudden cut and then Allen throw him the ball. It is almost all screens or Beasley sitting in zone coverage. Last year he was a magician at separating on 3rd down with pure route running ability. I think that aspect of his game has gone away this year.

The rib injury is a possible excuse, but in a vacuum he's a small WR that will be 33 next season and he's coming off a down year. That isn't a player you spend $7.6 million on IMO. I'd accept the $1.5 million dead cap and get younger at the position.

• Agree 2

bad weather has had a tremendous negative effect on this years stats. 

if you just consider individual play (take out weapons and O-line)...josh is the best all around young QB in the league

yea thats right, i said it....we are blessed to have him.

now if beane can just upgrade a couple of guards and an elite TE.....lookout !!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.