Can we finally put the need for a dome stadium to rest?

Bubba Gump

3 hours ago, JMF2006 said:

Well according to the CDC thats not true

Results and Conclusions—During 2006–2010, about 2,000 U.S. residents died each year from weather-related causes of death. About 31% of these deaths were attributed to exposure to excessive natural heat, heat stroke, sun stroke, or all; 63% were attributed to exposure to excessive natural cold, hypothermia, or both; and the remaining 6% were attributed to floods, storms, or lightning

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nhsr/nhsr076.pdf

This is not specific to a football stadium setting, genius.

• Haha (+1) 1

On 1/2/2022 at 8:52 PM, NewEra said:

Is this like the official thread to end all done threads?  You should make a poll.  I think it would seem more official if there were a 3 pronged poll.

This isn’t the official thread, but I think it’s important. This is like the 40 yard dash at the Combine, and guys are just coming off the line trying not to get too upright in the first 5-10 yards. It’s important, but it’s FAR from the end! 

I mean, Rich Eisen still has 30 plus yards to go in his suit and dress shoes. This could last until next weekend.  😋

Edited by Augie
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 1/2/2022 at 6:38 PM, DCbillsfan said:

WNY would benefit from a dome stadium because it would be a multi venue location.  The cost of the roof is really irrelevant because the venue would be around 50 years or so.  The amount of revenue generated over that time would more than cover the expense. 

All you have to do is look at the last 50 years of events at the Ralph.  Overwhelmingly Bills games not much else.  A dome would afford all sorts of revenue opportunities - concerts, auto shows, NCAA basketball tournament games, etc.  The ***** weather and feeling uncomfortable has little to do with it.  

That's a good point, a dome you can host big name concerts in wny in January. Not to mention a super bowl would probably be hosted at some point. Maybe I'm soft but I was at the Monday night game freezing my butt off thinking about how nice it was in the saints stadium wearing a t shirt drinking beer. 

• Agree 1

On 1/2/2022 at 5:41 PM, Bubba Gump said:

There have been 52 total Super bowls to date. And only three times has a dome team one. SB 34 with the Rams, SB41 with the Colts and SB 44 with the Saints. Needing a dome to have a championship team is a total farce. Domes are for people who cant handle a little weather now and then. I had a blast at the game today. It's minus 5 in Green Bay right now in a sold out Lambeau. Buffalo is getting soft.

100%  The weather is part of this team’s identity.  Some people see it as a joke.. I cannot fathom seeing the Bills play in an indoor arena.  I don’t think that the Packers organization, or their fans for that matter, were hypnotized by the Ice Bowl.  No one was screaming “Dome Dome Dome!” after the ***** ICE BOWL.  Weather is a huge factor in Buffalo and it should stay that way for better or worse imo.  If it’s too hot/cold/windy/rainy/sunny/cloudy for someone then there is always a television set.

11 minutes ago, Norcalbillsfan said:

That's a good point, a dome you can host big name concerts in wny in January. Not to mention a super bowl would probably be hosted at some point. Maybe I'm soft but I was at the Monday night game freezing my butt off thinking about how nice it was in the saints stadium wearing a t shirt drinking beer. 

That’s the mentality of a Los Angeles sports fan. They can’t handle drizzle out here.  Buffalo is better than that. 
Attending a football game in Dec or January in  t-shirt is pretty funny.  Then again I’ve seen many crazy things from Bills fans on display that would make a t-shirt in January pass for a Swedish massage with central air.

On 1/2/2022 at 8:41 PM, Bubba Gump said:

There have been 52 total Super bowls to date. And only three times has a dome team one. SB 34 with the Rams, SB41 with the Colts and SB 44 with the Saints. Needing a dome to have a championship team is a total farce. Domes are for people who cant handle a little weather now and then. I had a blast at the game today. It's minus 5 in Green Bay right now in a sold out Lambeau. Buffalo is getting soft.

Buffalo is not getting a super bowl dome or no dome.  It doesn't meet the other criteria such as hotel rooms, and it's not anywhere near sexy enough for the NFLs showcase event.

A dome is for the comfort of the fans, nothing more.  There is no reason for a fan base to need to be "hard".  Its a simple matter of selling tickets.  More tickets would be sold if people were indoors, particularly late season games when the team is not very good.

On 1/2/2022 at 9:11 PM, MAJBobby said:

Yep I know sucks the Army doesn’t let you live in the location of your choosing. 

and where did I demand anything stop projecting. 

Now tell me how much do you drop a year watching the Bills?  

Thank you for your service Maj!! I’ve had many of my immediate family that served in wars from WW2, Vietnam to Desert Storm. You are appreciated 

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.