Cryptic Utah Utes player names seen in Rose Bowl

stuvian

1 hour ago, stuvian said:

Watching the Rose Bowl I notice that the Utes have an OL with the last names Bills and their QB's last name is Rising.

Yes, this means we're going all the way:w00t:

very astute observation. 

Given that Zach Moss is a former Ute, I believe this also means that Moss will be a critical cog in said SB run. I am seeing 120 yards and 2 TD’s this Sunday.

3 hours ago, stuvian said:

Watching the Rose Bowl I notice that the Utes have an OL with the last names Bills and their QB's last name is Rising.

Yes, this means we're going all the way:w00t:

Nah, pretty sure it has to do with the inflation we’re currently experiencing. 

The Utes' pass defense was really good this year before several DBs were injured.  They had a running back covering Smith-Njibwa which is what led to all those long TDs by Ohio State.  I lived in Salt Lake City for 10 years and became a Utes fan, and I was disappointed at the result but pleased with the overall performance, considering the situation and the talent of Ohio State.

Britain Covey became one of my favorite Utes during the season and he played great in the Rose Bowl.  Super quick, but tiny.  Possible slot receiver in the NFL but probably not able to block an NFL LB's shadow, let alone an actual LB.  Still I wouldn't be surprised to see him pop up on someone's roster as a UDFA finding a niche as a returner.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Utah John said:

The Utes' pass defense was really good this year before several DBs were injured.  They had a running back covering Smith-Njibwa which is what led to all those long TDs by Ohio State.  I lived in Salt Lake City for 10 years and became a Utes fan, and I was disappointed at the result but pleased with the overall performance, considering the situation and the talent of Ohio State.

Britain Covey became one of my favorite Utes during the season and he played great in the Rose Bowl.  Super quick, but tiny.  Possible slot receiver in the NFL but probably not able to block an NFL LB's shadow, let alone an actual LB.  Still I wouldn't be surprised to see him pop up on someone's roster as a UDFA finding a niche as a returner.

JSN does that to everyone but tough matchup for a kid not at his natural position. It seemed like Clark Phillips was matched up on him quite a bit though as well. He won some of those, he’s awesome. Ohio state was missing 24 players last night from this season’s team with the combination of injuries, opt outs and portal jumpers. Outside of the playoffs, bowl season is usually more of a glimpse into next year. 

How about the walk on Qb for your Utes who just starts throwing dimes out of nowhere? That game had everything. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.