Bruce Smith Puts Jerry Sullivan In His Place in 1997

JohnNord

Jordan Poyer apparently ran off the field saying “Where’s Jerry Sullivan at,” promoting Sullly to respond:

Turns out he was right.  Bruce was not up for Sully’s questioning and he responds with this hilarious blistering of Sully.  Just know there’s a few curse words below:

Edited by JohnNord
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

• JohnNord changed the title to Bruce Smith Puts Jerry Sullivan In His Place in 1997
2 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Weird flex by Sullivan that other really good players have also thought he was a hack.

And I also opine that the reason why "Sully" never gets any good material for columns is because long ago he exhausted any goodwill he had with the team and its players.  Nobody wants to speak to that tire fire of a writer.

• Like (+1) 4

Just now, Motorin' said:

He seems to be confusing "hard nose journalism" for being an insufferable prick. 

Sully is kind of like a dinosaur but he understands that his job is to get people talking one way or another.  He’s not different than a Colin Cowherd or Skip Bayless or Stephen A. Smith.   He says stupid ***** to get people talking 

8 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Weird flex by Sullivan that other really good players have also thought he was a hack.

He’s an award winning columnist. Hate him if you must, but the man can turn a phrase. Not sure he cares what players think of his abilities. Yeah, he was overall negative during twenty years of drought era football here - shocking. 

Edited by AlCowlingsTaxiService
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 5
  • Dislike 2

Just now, JohnNord said:

Sully is kind of like a dinosaur but he understands that his job is to get people talking one way or another.  He’s not different than a Colin Cowherd or Skip Bayless or Stephen A. Smith.   He says stupid ***** to get people talking 

Imo, there's a big difference between talking heads shooting hot takes at each other for ratings and what Sully seems to thrive on. Which is insulting and instigating players in the immediate aftermath of tough losses where they laid their bodies on the line. 

• Like (+1) 4

5 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Everybody and I mean everybody speaks ill will of Jerry Sullivan

But the dude was the lead sports columnist at the news for as long as I could remember

Because everybody read him whether you loved it or hated it

Color me unimpressed that someone was able to hang on to their columnist position at the Buffalo news... Not a lot of competition or opportunity to break into the field...

The Niagara Gazette seems to suit him better tho. 

• Like (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

Jordan Poyer apparently ran off the field saying “Where’s Jerry Sullivan at,” promoting Sullly to respond:

Turns out he was right.  Bruce was not up for Sully’s questioning and he responds with this hilarious blistering of Sully.  Just know there’s a few curse words below:

“I guess he hasn’t noticed that I haven’t covered a road game since 2017” 

No. He hasn’t. Nobody really actually gives a ***** about what you do… because you’re an insufferable prick, Jerry. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

Color me unimpressed that someone was able to hang on to their columnist position at the Buffalo news... Not a lot of competition or opportunity to break into the field...

The Niagara Gazette seems to suit him better tho. 

People act like it's the Akron news lol 

We have a major football and hockey team.. plenty of cities can't say that

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.