Showdown with Pats is a judgment day for Sean McDermott, Bills

HOUSE

1 hour ago, JohnNord said:

Agreed and 1 disappointing season also doesn’t make him Chan Gailey.  

I always liked Chan Gailey.  He had a natural knack for good offensive play calling currently lacking on the present  Bills coaching staff.  

He wasn't head coach material, mind you, but most head coaches in the NFL are not.

And he is a good man to boot! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

On 12/24/2021 at 5:16 AM, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

It's really starting to simplify for the Bills. If they lose to NE, they're more than likely going to be looking at needing either BAL or CIN to lose two of three.

BAL:

@CIN

LAR

PIT

CIN:

BAL

KC

@CLE

That's why this BAL-CIN game this week is so critical. Really need the Ravens to win. Then we would just need the Chiefs to beat the Bengals.

If the Bengals beat the Ravens, I think the Bills will miss the playoffs. CIN will go 2-1 with wins over BAL and @CLE, and BAL will also go 2-1 with home wins over LAR and PIT to close the season.

Why so sure that the ravens will beat the rams and the Steelers? The rams are 10-4 and are a solid team, and the steelers aren’t horrible and could be playing with playoffs on the line. 

1 hour ago, Watkins101 said:

Why so sure that the ravens will beat the rams and the Steelers? The rams are 10-4 and are a solid team, and the steelers aren’t horrible and could be playing with playoffs on the line. 

I don't like the Rams flying east against a desperate Ravens team trying to save its season. I also don't like Steelers matchup because it's also at home, the Ravens will be seeking revenge, and I think the Steelers will already be cooked (via Chiefs tomorrow).

Edited by Giuseppe Tognarelli

On 12/24/2021 at 1:18 PM, ScottLaw said:

You and Sean would get along on game day….***** the playing not to lose *****…. Be aggressive, trust your QB to make a play. 

No you’re wrong. To say that every game and every situation is the same is ignorant. Sometimes you need to kick the FG and sometimes you go for it on 4th. A great coach knows when to do it. Anyone who says different is a simpleton. 

Judgement day?  Nah!  If they lose all is not lost.  This season is a learning experience for all involved.  The Bills will lose veterans that will be replaced by draft picks and FA signings.  I expect a better team net year.  While this one plays out, I think they will be a force heading into the play offs.  Every AFC playoff team is flawed.   It is a toss up going into the playoffs.

On 12/24/2021 at 5:16 AM, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

It's really starting to simplify for the Bills. If they lose to NE, they're more than likely going to be looking at needing either BAL or CIN to lose two of three.

BAL:

@CIN

LAR

PIT

CIN:

BAL

KC

@CLE

That's why this BAL-CIN game this week is so critical. Really need the Ravens to win. Then we would just need the Chiefs to beat the Bengals.

If the Bengals beat the Ravens, I think the Bills will miss the playoffs. CIN will go 2-1 with wins over BAL and @CLE, and BAL will also go 2-1 with home wins over LAR and PIT to close the season.

Ravens have no chance to beat Rams. They'll have no answer for the passing attack of the Rams.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.