Insane Stat of the Day Josh Allen.

MAJBobby

8 minutes ago, Evian said:

Josh Allen is becoming the most hyped non-clutch guy in history.

Where is Allen when it matters? Why didn't he bury the Bucs in OT yesterday. He is 0-5 in close games. He needs to produce in big spots. He just isn't doing it. 

Sorry, but sometimes the truth hurts. He is not clutch. Not yet anyway. 

8 4th QTR Comebacks. 11 Game Winning drives in his career so far says otherwise. 

he put that team on his back Sunday and was an uncalled DPI and a spineless coach away from winning it. 

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

8 4th QTR Comebacks. 11 Game Winning drives in his career so far says otherwise. 

he put that team on his back Sunday and was an uncalled DPI and a spineless coach away from winning it. 

He is 0-5 in close games. He didn't finish against the Titans, Pats, or Bucs.  Facts are facts.

Comebacks are meaningless if you lose. He came back yesterday and did not finish in regulation or in OT. 

Enough with the excuses. He is not finishing games. 

1 hour ago, Evian said:

Where is Allen when it matters? Why didn't he bury the Bucs in OT yesterday. He is 0-5 in close games. He needs to produce in big spots. He just isn't doing it. 

Another irrational hater looking for attention, and will be blocked

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Scott7975 said:

There is more of a chance for injury in the pocket.  Big bodies collapsing, getting blindsided, hit while planted, hit while not moving, standing in for the throw without being able to brace for a hit, etc.  This has been studied already.

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

Guess you don’t want to read the actual Data. It’s fine keep your head in the sand.   How many QBs on IR this year? How many ended up there in the pocket like Winston. How many missed Games this year?  How many injured in Pocket like Tua? 

fact remains more severe injuries happen in the pocket when your feet are planted looking downfield to throw a football. 

Brady - Knee gone for the year. In pocket wear and tear?

tell me about Mannings Neck

Brees shoulder 

The myriad of Big Ben Injuries

now go watch the Tampa game and compare the Hits Josh took in the pocket to those he took running. Tell me again which hits are more violent 

This may be the strangest conversation I’ve ever had.  

QBs who take hits in the pocket and take hits when running the ball have a greater chance to become injured than QBs who take hits in the pocket but don’t run the ball.

If you can’t wrap your minds around this absolute statement of fact, I don’t know what to tell you.  It’s like you’re arguing that someone who got shot is more likely to die than someone who got shot and then stabbed because more people die of gunshots than stabbings.

49 minutes ago, Evian said:

He is 0-5 in close games. He didn't finish against the Titans, Pats, or Bucs.  Facts are facts.

Comebacks are meaningless if you lose. He came back yesterday and did not finish in regulation or in OT. 

Boring troll is boring

6 minutes ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

Another irrational hater looking for attention, and will be blocked

Hater? Nobody overhypes the Bills more than me. But I am tired of the excuses. Great players produce in the biggest spots. Allen has yet to prove he has the Montana/Brady in him. 

Does anyone really think the Bills would have gotten the ball in OT if Tampa won the toss?  No way. Brady would have marched down the field and ended it. Allen could not do it. Maybe one day, but he is not a finisher right now. He is super competitive but lacks the killer instinct needed in the NFL. 

Killers win championships. Not "competitive" guys. 

Edited by Evian
  • Haha (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Evian said:

Hater? Nobody overhypes the Bills more than me. But I am tired of the excuses. Great players produce in the biggest spots. Allen has yet to prove he has the Montana/Brady in him. 

Does anyone really think the Bills would have gotten the ball in OT if Tampa won the toss?  No way. Brady would have marched down the field and ended it. Allen could not do it. Maybe one day, but he is not a finisher right now. He is super competitive but lacks the killer instinct needed in the NFL. 

Killers win championships. Not "competitive" guys. 

You’re wrong. Allen isn’t doing it this year but he did it last year. 

2 hours ago, Evian said:

In as sea of internet douchebaggery, your post manages to stand out. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, FireChans said:

You’re wrong. Allen isn’t doing it this year but he did it last year. 

He played ok against the Chiefs in two games. He certainly did not elevate his game on the biggest stages. He doesn't finish. The 0-5 record in close games this year says it all. He is young but we have yet to see a guy with a killer instinct. 

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Chaos said:

In as sea of internet douchebaggery, your post manages to stand out. 

Why, because I am not a member of the Josh Allen cult?

He is a super talent that has yet to show he has the ability to finish off games against good teams. Did you not watch the Titans, Pats, and Bucs games. 

1 hour ago, Billl said:

QBs who take hits in the pocket and take hits when running the ball have a greater chance to become injured than QBs who take hits in the pocket but don’t run the ball.

If you can’t wrap your minds around this absolute statement of fact, I don’t know what to tell you.  It’s like you’re arguing that someone who got shot is more likely to die than someone who got shot and then stabbed because more people die of gunshots than stabbings.

Unlike you though I provided three links supporting my claim with actual data 

2 hours ago, Evian said:

And yet Last year he wasn’t. Neither was he in year 1 or 2. What changed. Ooo yeah the COACHING DECISIONS. Keep trying though you have not provided a single piece of data to support your hot Take. Where I have. 

8 Forth Quarter Comebacks

11 Game winning Drives. 

14 minutes ago, Evian said:

You know any other 250 million dollar QB's that are regualrly mentioned as an MVP candidate that have an 0-5 record in close games?  I don't. 

Again only someone that really doesn’t understand football thinks wins and losses are a QB stat. 

1 hour ago, Billl said:

I would bet that people who get shot and then stabbed are less likely to die than people who get shot.

15 minutes ago, Evian said:

You know any other 250 million dollar QB's that are regualrly mentioned as an MVP candidate that have an 0-5 record in close games?  I don't. 

Would you classify Pat Mahomes at “clutch” and his 8 4th Qtr Comebacks and 9 game winning drives in his career?  

39 minutes ago, Evian said:

He played ok against the Chiefs in two games. He certainly did not elevate his game on the biggest stages. He doesn't finish. The 0-5 record in close games this year says it all. He is young but we have yet to see a guy with a killer instinct. 

His record in close games last year was great. His record in close games this year is not. Are you just trolling?

2 minutes ago, FireChans said:

His record in close games last year was great. His record in close games this year is not. Are you just trolling?

Yes he is. Or clearly doesn’t understand Football. 

Allen 8 forth QTR Comebacks and 11 game winning drives him his career = “not clutch” 

Pat Mahomes 8 Forth QTR comebacks and 9 Game Winnint drives in his career = “Clutch”

Edited by MAJBobby

6 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Yep they have. Since the 90s teams how long have we screamed for a competent OL?  

Injuries happen MORE in the pocket than a QB on the run. That is the reality. 

5 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Tampa stopped Blitzing because Allen was getting out of the pocket

Telling you the Facts. It has been well reported. QB is exposed in the pocket and has a better chance at getting hurt than running. 

https://www.fantasypoints.com/nfl/articles/season/2021/mobile-quarterbacks-and-injury-rates

https://www.filmstudybaltimore.com/new-study-quarterbacks-that-run-most-are-not-injured-most/

https://www.theundroppables.com/medical-myths-mobile-qbs/

8 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Unlike you though I provided three links supporting my claim with actual data 

And yet Last year he wasn’t. Neither was he in year 1 or 2. What changed. Ooo yeah the COACHING DECISIONS. Keep trying though you have not provided a single piece of data to support your hot Take. Where I have. 

8 Forth Quarter Comebacks

11 Game winning Drives. 

Again only someone that really doesn’t understand football thinks wins and losses are a QB stat. 

Oh Robert, it's like you don't read your own articles. Your first article disagrees with you by the second paragraph.

image.thumb.png.9707e5d893611e7fc2987665aecf3298.png

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Yes he is. Or clearly doesn’t understand Football. 

Allen 8 forth QTR Comebacks and 11 game winning drives him his career = “not clutch” 

Pat Mahomes 8 Forth QTR comebacks and 9 Game Winnint drives in his career = “Clutch”

TBF, that Mahomes stat is higher if you include postseason no?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.