Insane Stat of the Day Josh Allen.

MAJBobby

7 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

What I found weird and remarkable about this is that the Bills haven't been blessed with a lot of good QBs over the years but we have had many good backs:

OJ, Thurman, Freddie, Cookie, Shady, Joe Cribbs, Greg Bell, McGahee, CJ, Wray Carlton, CJ (when in space)...

CJ? 😆 I'd replace him w/ Travis Henry.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Oh Robert, it's like you don't read your own articles. Your first article disagrees with you by the second paragraph.

image.thumb.png.9707e5d893611e7fc2987665aecf3298.png

TBF, that Mahomes stat is higher if you include postseason no?

No it isn’t. Those numbers Right from Pro Football Reference page on Game winning drives and 4th QTR comebacks. 

3 hours ago, PonyBoy said:

I see this stat as an indicator that the Bills have had only 2 great RB's in 60+ years. Make no mistake, Allen is a QB, not an RB. Put back up QB under center and Allen taking hand offs, stats would be nowhere close to his current rushing TD's. Valuable yes, comparable, no.

I wonder what would have happened if he was not drafted in first round and some team wanted to use him like Kordell Stewart in "Slash" role.

22 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Yes he is. Or clearly doesn’t understand Football. 

Allen 8 forth QTR Comebacks and 11 game winning drives him his career = “not clutch” 

Pat Mahomes 8 Forth QTR comebacks and 9 Game Winnint drives in his career = “Clutch”

Go forth and set the world ON FIRE yon Quarterback or at least on forth down in forth quarter.

61TXJL87IuL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

1 hour ago, Evian said:

Why, because I am not a member of the Josh Allen cult?

He is a super talent that has yet to show he has the ability to finish off games against good teams. Did you not watch the Titans, Pats, and Bucs games. 

I can tell this guy is a real Bills fan because his profile picture is the Bills logo. That's all the proof I need.

2 hours ago, Billl said:

This may be the strangest conversation I’ve ever had.  

QBs who take hits in the pocket and take hits when running the ball have a greater chance to become injured than QBs who take hits in the pocket but don’t run the ball.

If you can’t wrap your minds around this absolute statement of fact, I don’t know what to tell you.  It’s like you’re arguing that someone who got shot is more likely to die than someone who got shot and then stabbed because more people die of gunshots than stabbings.

There is only one thing that can happen on each play not two.  QBs are not getting nailed in the pocket and then also nailed while running.  There have been studies on this and they all show that a QB has a greater chance of injury in the pocket than he does running.  One thing happens in each event not two.

32 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

There is only one thing that can happen on each play not two.  QBs are not getting nailed in the pocket and then also nailed while running.  There have been studies on this and they all show that a QB has a greater chance of injury in the pocket than he does running.  One thing happens in each event not two.

That would matter if they were like the Ravens and didn’t drop Josh back much.  Allen drops back to pass as much as anyone so he gets all of those hits.  Then he has several runs a game on top of it.

17 hours ago, Roy Hobbs said:

Kemp's career completion % of 46.4 with the Bills was even more surprising.

Yes, not good by todays standards.  But if you go back and look at AFL stats, I think Lenny Dawson and John Hadl were the only AFL QB's that pretty consistently had completion percentages in the upper 50%.  Different game...

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.