Gameday Bills vs Pats* Postgame Thread

Chandler#81

17 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

To @finns point, Bass, the ESPN announcers and everyone watching knew the ball would move dramatically from left to right down there. Pats* kicker proved it in the 3rd quarter with his short, heavy kick to the left whipping wildly right to split the uprights. Bass’ kick unfortunately was spotted on the right hash mark which meant he’d really have to kick wide left from in close just to pull it back with the wind. He didn’t. He kicked it straight on, thus watched helplessly as it trailed wide right.

Hopefully, he’ll learn from this. Too bad it cost us the game for his education.

How did it cost the Bills* the game?  They lost 14 to 10. 

1 minute ago, tom444 said:

Hi, Noob! Welcome to the Board. You can check out anytime you want,  but you can never leave.. (maybe)

Had you watched the game, you’d know I was referring to Bass’ final FG attempt, one drive before the last one. By missing this very short FG for failure to apply anti-windage, we were forced to go for a TD on the last drive. 
btw, the asterisk rightfully and forever attached to the ex-Boston team name is due to their never-ending cheating, much of which has been exposed, proven and heavily disciplined for. It will likely always be spelled this way.

8 minutes ago, tom444 said:

If he makes the kick in the 3rd quarter then its 14-13 on the last drive. The Bills would have had a chance to win with a FG instead of having to score a TD.  There were other plays to be made that they didn't that cost us the game though.

2 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Hi, Noob! Welcome to the Board. You can check out anytime you want,  but you can never leave.. (maybe)

Had you watched the game, you’d know I was referring to Bass’ final FG attempt, one drive before the last one. By missing this very short FG for failure to apply anti-windage, we were forced to go for a TD on the last drive. 
btw, the asterisk rightfully and forever attached to the ex-Boston team name is due to their never-ending cheating, much of which has been exposed, proven and heavily disciplined for. It will likely always be spelled this way.

Unless of course the Bills* kicker failed again. 

2 minutes ago, Greg S said:

If he makes the kick in the 3rd quarter then its 14-13 on the last drive. The Bills would have had a chance to win with a FG instead of having to score a TD.  There were other plays to be made that they didn't that cost us the game though.

Point taken. 

• Eyeroll 1

3 minutes ago, Billyhouseman said:

McDermott is the head coach. He has final say. If a fortune 500 company isn't performing, do you blame the janitor or the CEO???

If the floors are dirty the janitor needs to answer questions as well. 

Unless you really believe every time Daboll calls a play McD is on the headset saying "I concur" or "Nope, try again". 

Sometimes ya wanna hear it from the horse's mouth. Not always practical to to full "Karen" and demand to speak with the manager.

Edited by No Place To Hyde
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Greg S said:

It was the 4th quarter against the wind he missed the kick.. it just turned the 4th.. that’s a case where the old vet Folk knew better what to do than the strong leg young kid.

Having some time to think it over, I'm slightly more optimistic about this season. (edit: compared to immediately after the game)

So many "what ifs", kind of like the Houston playoff game, where if one thing goes right they end up winning.

They could absolutely beat the Bucs or Patriots or both. Every game remaining game is 50/50 to me.

That being said, half of those "what ifs" are deliberate decisions by this head coach and/or OC. 

It's hard enough to win a Super Bowl, you have to beat the other teams, the injury bug, sometimes the refs,  and the Bills with McDermott also have to overcome his in-game decisions.

So although I still think we have a chance this season, I think it's the same small chance they'll have going forward with McDermott at the helm.

Edited by Rock-A-Bye Beasley
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, Rock-A-Bye Beasley said:

Having some time to think it over, I'm slightly more optimistic about this season.

So many "what ifs", kind of like the Houston playoff game, where if one thing goes right they end up winning.

They could absolutely beat the Bucs or Patriots or both. Every game remaining game is 50/50 to me.

That being said, half of those "what ifs" are deliberate decisions by this head coach and/or OC. 

It's hard enough to win a Super Bowl, you have to beat the other teams, the injury bug, sometimes the refs,  and the Bills with McDermott also have to overcome his in-game decisions.

So although I still think we have a chance this season, I think it's the same small chance they'll have going forward with McDermott at the helm.

I would like to see McDermott coach this team with a better OL/DL. Hard to win in this league when you can't run or stop the run. Big time pressure is on Beane this offseason. Imagine a Bills team that isn't capable of playing in the cold, wind, snow. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Greg S said:

I would like to see McDermott coach this team with a better OL/DL. Hard to win in this league when you can't run or stop the run. Big time pressure is on Beane this offseason. Imagine a Bills team that isn't capable of playing in the cold, wind, snow. 

Although they proved they are capable of passing the ball in the worst windy conditions last night. They chose not to for 3.5 quarters, then when NE knew they had to pass they were still effective at it. The choice to not throw out of fear is what I'm talking about. 

• Like (+1) 6

2 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Ok, I understand your point but Patriots fans could say if N'Keal Harry had stayed away from the kick, which he should have, you wouldn't have scored that TD. It doesn't matter because he didn't stay away from it and the Bills did score. See my point? 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.