Jump to content

Democracy’s Fiery Ordeal: The War in Ukraine 🇺🇦


Tiberius
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Niagara Bill said:

Trump says 3 CHEERS FOR PUTIN

 

42 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Respect is respect, disgusting 

 

 

 

Did Trump side with Putin when he said "This is genius.... How smart is that?... Here’s a guy who’s very savvy... You gotta say that’s pretty savvy"?

 

On yesterday's Clay Travis & Buck Sexton Show — audio and transcript, here — here's the part where Trump credits Putin with genius (which his antagonists predictably take to mean that he's siding with Putin!):

 

I went in yesterday and there was a television screen, and I said, “This is genius.” Putin declares a big portion of the Ukraine — of Ukraine. Putin declares it as independent. Oh, that’s wonderful. So, Putin is now saying, “It’s independent,” a large section of Ukraine. I said, “How smart is that?” And he’s gonna go in and be a peacekeeper. That’s strongest peace force… They’re gonna keep peace all right.

 

That's criticizing Putin, but you've got to understand that it's sarcasm when he says, "They’re gonna keep peace all right."

 

It's not siding with the enemy to say the enemy is very smart. And it's so obvious that Trump's enemies would fault him for recognizing Putin's brilliance that I'm tempted to credit Trump with intending to trigger that faultfinding. 

 

 

Click for more »https://althouse.blogspot.com/2022/02/did-trump-side-with-putin-when-he-said.html

 

 

 

Posted by Ann Althouse 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, B-Man said:

 

 

 

Did Trump side with Putin when he said "This is genius.... How smart is that?... Here’s a guy who’s very savvy... You gotta say that’s pretty savvy"?

 

On yesterday's Clay Travis & Buck Sexton Show — audio and transcript, here — here's the part where Trump credits Putin with genius (which his antagonists predictably take to mean that he's siding with Putin!):

 

I went in yesterday and there was a television screen, and I said, “This is genius.” Putin declares a big portion of the Ukraine — of Ukraine. Putin declares it as independent. Oh, that’s wonderful. So, Putin is now saying, “It’s independent,” a large section of Ukraine. I said, “How smart is that?” And he’s gonna go in and be a peacekeeper. That’s strongest peace force… They’re gonna keep peace all right.

 

That's criticizing Putin, but you've got to understand that it's sarcasm when he says, "They’re gonna keep peace all right."

 

It's not siding with the enemy to say the enemy is very smart. And it's so obvious that Trump's enemies would fault him for recognizing Putin's brilliance that I'm tempted to credit Trump with intending to trigger that faultfinding. 

 

 

Click for more »https://althouse.blogspot.com/2022/02/did-trump-side-with-putin-when-he-said.html

 

 

 

Posted by Ann Althouse 

In football parlance I'm a diehard Bills fan and I don't like Belichick but I grudgingly have to admit that he's a good and smart football coach.  Maybe the GOAT.  But that doesn't make me a Patriots fan.  That just means I have a comprehension of the abilities of our adversary.  And acknowledge them.  If others want to say he sucks as a coach well then okay.  But is that reality?

  • Thank you (+1) 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, B-Man said:

 

 

 

Did Trump side with Putin when he said "This is genius.... How smart is that?... Here’s a guy who’s very savvy... You gotta say that’s pretty savvy"?

 

On yesterday's Clay Travis & Buck Sexton Show — audio and transcript, here — here's the part where Trump credits Putin with genius (which his antagonists predictably take to mean that he's siding with Putin!):

 

I went in yesterday and there was a television screen, and I said, “This is genius.” Putin declares a big portion of the Ukraine — of Ukraine. Putin declares it as independent. Oh, that’s wonderful. So, Putin is now saying, “It’s independent,” a large section of Ukraine. I said, “How smart is that?” And he’s gonna go in and be a peacekeeper. That’s strongest peace force… They’re gonna keep peace all right.

 

That's criticizing Putin, but you've got to understand that it's sarcasm when he says, "They’re gonna keep peace all right."

 

It's not siding with the enemy to say the enemy is very smart. And it's so obvious that Trump's enemies would fault him for recognizing Putin's brilliance that I'm tempted to credit Trump with intending to trigger that faultfinding. 

 

 

Click for more »https://althouse.blogspot.com/2022/02/did-trump-side-with-putin-when-he-said.html

 

 

 

Posted by Ann Althouse 

Orwellian 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

The Left got exactly what they wanted. Uncle Joe is in control now. I’m going to sit back and see what he does. But…this nonsense where you blame your predecessor is just ridiculous! Get to work Joe…..we’re all watching. 

He’s doing fine. American transport planes still arriving with weapons. Hopefully Putin won’t murder that many people

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

He’s doing fine. American transport planes still arriving with weapons. Hopefully Putin won’t murder that many people

I don’t think they call it murder during a war….but I’ll join you in your hopeful optimism.  You don’t happen to sell weapons for a living do you? 

  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I don’t think they call it murder during a war….but I’ll join you in your hopeful optimism.  You don’t happen to sell weapons for a living do you? 

No, its murder in this case. No reason to invade. Why you excusing Putin?? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

Nobody’s excuses anyone, nor have they been for countless pages….and yes you’re being an ass if you keep saying that they are. 

A guy launches a war of aggression and that's not murder? Different values, I guess 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Tiberius changed the title to Democracy’s Fiery Ordeal: The War in Ukraine 🇺🇦
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...