Democracy’s Fiery Ordeal: The War in Ukraine 🇺🇦

Tiberius

9 hours ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Too bad for America all these funkies calling for more funds don't care at all about our borders. 

Ya, kind of reminds me of the GOP. Except that they pretend to care about the border, until they have the power to do something about it, and then don't. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Ya, kind of reminds me of the GOP. Except that they pretend to care about the border, until they have the power to do something about it, and then don't. 

Nope.  It's the Dems that don't want to do something.  You need 60 votes in the Senate, not a simple majority.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Doc said:

Nope.  It's the Dems that don't want to do something.  You need 60 votes in the Senate, not a simple majority.

What bill failed to get 60 votes? What has the House passed? 

What did Trump get passed when they had House, Senate and executive? 

Nothing. They are horrified of a solution. Can't keep the base scared if the fix the border 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

For those interested in accuracy, the claims made by Ukraine regarding Russian airplanes, at least fighter types, are grossly inaccurate.

To be true, they would have had to shoot down nearly every operable Russian fighter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmMclP8dlI0&t=1839s

Conversation on this subject is from 21:12 to the 22:52 mark. One minute 40 seconds.

Edited by sherpa
youtube timing was off one minute

Just now, sherpa said:

For those interested in accuracy, the claims made by Ukraine regarding Russian airplanes, at least fighter types, are grossly inaccurate.

To be true, they would have had to shoot down nearly every operable Russian fighter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmMclP8dlI0&t=1839s

Conversation on this subject is from 20:12 to the 21:52 mark. One minute 40 seconds.

the point is that they r destroying more....

9 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

the point is that they r destroying more....

Perhaps. I'm not sure anyone can verify that.

The real point is that it has become very difficult to believe any reports from that war from either side unless proof is provided.

While I support aid, I gave up believing anything said that doesn't come from an independent, reputable source.

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Tommy Callahan said:

Hopefully the carnage comes to an end 

When that moment comes I'm curious how those posters here that point to anything short of all-out war and reclamation of all territory lost "supports" Putin will rationalize the Biden administrations change of heart with regard to supporting a negotiated settlement.  Will they label the President as a Putin supporter and post lots of funny pictures with the two together?  Or claim what a capable and prolific statesmen Joe is while memory holing their dislike for such a settlement and anyone that dared to suggest it up until the day the administration embraced the approach and therefore made it okay for them to support too?   

Edited by All_Pro_Bills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

When that moment comes I'm curious how those posters here that point to anything short of all-out war and reclamation of all territory lost "supports" Putin will rationalize the Biden administrations change of heart with regard to supporting a negotiated settlement.  Will they label the President as a Putin supporter and post lots of funny pictures with the two together?  Or claim what a capable and prolific statesmen Joe is while memory holing their dislike for such a settlement and anyone that dared to suggest it up until the day the administration embraced the approach and therefore made it okay for them to support too?   

Welp. We will see how good the propaganda media is.  He is meeting with the heads of much of our media in the Virgin Islands right now.

The real question is how the talking heads will spin it. 

Im going with

Trump did it, somehow

The GOP did it, somehow

Rage/focus on the next thing - as we are seeing with the Israeli/Palestinian/Christmas protest.