Democracy’s Fiery Ordeal: The War in Ukraine 🇺🇦

Tiberius

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

Putin and MAGA sure hope so 

Remember how you guys were saying Kiev would fall in three days? 👏

No.  But it would have been better than killing their youth and ultimately losing their land anyway.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Doc said:

No.  But it would have been better than killing their youth and ultimately losing their land anyway.

If Russia conquered Ukraine?? 

How would you like to live under Russia occupation? Good god, I'd fight to save you from living like that 

• Eyeroll 1

17 hours ago, Tiberius said:

If Russia conquered Ukraine?? 

How would you like to live under Russia occupation? Good god, I'd fight to save you from living like that 

If Russia tried to go to war with the US, I'd do what I can.  But know that at least we would have a good chance of winning.

• Like (+1) 1

Here's hoping this actually means something...

Vladimir Putin said Russia has always been “ready for talks” to end the “tragedy” of war in Ukraine. Speaking at the G20 meeting, the Russian president gave his most pacific comments yet since invading Ukraine, but then blamed Kyiv for no peace talks.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2023/nov/22/russia-ukraine-war-putin-zelenskiy-latest-news-updates

5 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Here's hoping this actually means something...

Vladimir Putin said Russia has always been “ready for talks” to end the “tragedy” of war in Ukraine. Speaking at the G20 meeting, the Russian president gave his most pacific comments yet since invading Ukraine, but then blamed Kyiv for no peace talks.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2023/nov/22/russia-ukraine-war-putin-zelenskiy-latest-news-updates

Yeah, they were ready last year.  Joke nixed it.

• Agree 2

These are the two guys I trust when evaluating the entire situation, and sums up my view.

I get that it's a one hour video, but well worth the watch.

The discussion of the value of continuing to pursue this starts at the 31:38 mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmMclP8dlI0

Before that is a detailed air war discussion. Very good and informative for those who are not familiar.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

23 hours ago, sherpa said:

These are the two guys I trust when evaluating the entire situation, and sums up my view.

I get that it's a one hour video, but well worth the watch.

The discussion of the value of continuing to pursue this starts at the 31:38 mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmMclP8dlI0

Before that is a detailed air war discussion. Very good and informative for those who are not familiar.

This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Alexander Rybalchenko.

Is this work by Michael Koffman?

Edited by Coffeesforclosers
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Coffeesforclosers said:

This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Alexander Rybalchenko.

Is this work by Michael Koffman?

I'm not having any problem linking to it, either through my original post or your quote, and no, it is not from Michael Koffman.

It strts with an in detail view of the air war, but at the 31:38 mark, gets into a detailed discussion of what is really going on and what is at stake.

• Thank you (+1) 2

Gee, you mean it's US policy to provide just enough assistance to guarantee a stalemate wherein Ukrainians are used as cannon fodder to bleed Russian forces? And to create an endless conflict where untold graft can be carried out and the profits kicked back to the very US administration officials (and others) who orchestrated this entire scenario from the beginning?

Why, if you said that at the start of the war you were called a Putin lover. 

Now those same people are silent. Funny how that's always the way it shakes out.

• Thank you (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Gee, you mean it's US policy to provide just enough assistance to guarantee a stalemate wherein Ukrainians are used as cannon fodder to bleed Russian forces? And to create an endless conflict where untold graft can be carried out and the profits kicked back to the very US administration officials (and others) who orchestrated this entire scenario from the beginning?

Why, if you said that at the start of the war you were called a Putin lover. 

Now those same people are silent. Funny how that's always the way it shakes out.

Its a secret? but its on X? 

How can it be secret? :doh:

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Non-response to the topic of the post.

You were one of those crying "Putin Lover" to everyone before.

But , we all see your childishness.

So congress won't approve more aid, but its Biden's "secret plan" to have Ukraine bleed to death

Ok :thumbsup:

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, sherpa said:

I'm not having any problem linking to it, either through my original post or your quote, and no, it is not from Michael Koffman.

It's working now, they must have resolved whatever copyright crap was going on.

3 hours ago, sherpa said:

It strts with an in detail view of the air war, but at the 31:38 mark, gets into a detailed discussion of what is really going on and what is at stake.

Good. I appreciate the clarity of his argumentation.

TLDR for everyone who doesn't have an hour:

The war in Ukraine is an artillery war.  Whoever has access to the most shells for the longest period of time has the upper hand.  Right now, Ukraine has the upper hand, but it's slipping because Russia has shifted to a war economy, and has massively expanded production of artillery shells and rockets. Ukraine uses its upper hand to massacre Russian infantry with artillery fire.  This forces Russia to pack its front lines with barely trained recruits, where they die in droves.  Because so many of Russia's recruits die in droves to Ukrainian artillery without getting much training, the Russian army is too small and too poorly trained to decisively beat Ukraine. 

-For now-

If Ukraine's supply of artillery ammunition can't keep up with Russia's, then Russia gains the upper hand.  It is unlikely that Ukraine will keep up, because Europe refuses to make long term investment in its artillery ammunition infrastructure. This refusal is because Europe views the Ukraine war as a temporary inconvenience that is very expensive, which diverts from the real business at hand which is stability and economic growth. Which is all fine and dandy, except what happens if Ukraine loses, and Europe is suddenly staring at a fully-mobilized Russia, with a large, experienced, modern army, a vast nuclear arsenal, and the notion that all former Soviet states are its rightful property?

And of course, Russia's ally China is achieving its military modernization goals with worrying speed and efficiency.  This new Chinese military can only have one real enemy in mind, the USA, which means America might not be around to prop up European security if Russia successfully disentangles itself from Ukraine with a favorable settlement, or an outright win. Because America has many powerful Allies in the Indo-Pacific that it must defend.  So actually, Russia and China are incentivizing eachother to press forward, either in their current war (Russia), or towards future war (China), because Europe views Ukraine as an expensive incovenience, and does not take defense and defense production seriously on strategic level, and so provides no real deterrent threat to Russia.

35 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

So you made a statement about people having Biden’s ear but have no clue who those people are? Sounds like you made it up. 

You heard the media, they have influence. Did he go in as strong as he could of? I'd say no. 

That answer your question? 

6 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

You heard the media, they have influence. Did he go in as strong as he could of? I'd say no. 

That answer your question? 

Not even close. You made a specific claim and are unable to back it up with actual information. In other words, you were talking out your A. Again. 

• Agree 2

10 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

Not even close. You made a specific claim and are unable to back it up with actual information. In other words, you were talking out your A. Again. 

You got me, there. I said something I can't back up. I admit it. 

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Back to the thread:

Boy, you really got it out for that republic, huh? Trump, Putin's buddy, doesn't like this country being a thorn in the side of Russia. 

You are pulling for the fascist. The losers. You will lose 

• Vomit 1

The crippling sanctions just need some time to work. 

https://www.euronews.com/2023/08/24/cracks-loopholes-and-blindspots-what-are-the-wests-russia-sanctioning-missing

Russia has since shown resilience, however.

Its GDP - an indicator of economic health measuring the total value of goods and services a country produces - is predicted in a Reuters poll to rise 0.7% in 2023, all the while other European economies splutter and decline. 

There are many reasons for Russia's economic robustness. But some suggest one is that sanctions have too many blindspots, loopholes and cracks, limiting their ability to hit Russia where it hurts - in the pocket. 

Tibs can add this to Biden’s Ukraine failures. Sad! 

• Thank you (+1) 1

One, maybe two generations of Ukrainians completely wiped off the face of the earth.

Less than 1% of seized territory reclaimed - and with almost zero hope of increasing that number.

Hundreds of billions of US dollars out the door, completely unaccountable.

A large chunk of US ammunition and weapons stores sent overseas with little to no accountability

• Shocked 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1