Democracy’s Fiery Ordeal: The War in Ukraine 🇺🇦

Tiberius

16 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

They are not so stupid to get so triggered by a question. You are an idiot. 

Not triggered at all.

Always funny how you assign nonsense, nonexistent emotions to people.

Why bother?

But, in the last couple weeks you have called me a coward, a liar and now an idiot.

All I suggest is that you are silly, uniformed and knowledge-less in this area.

Anyway, someone who would ask that question must have been living underground the last three weeks.

The US and its NATO allies have said they will not go to war over this.

Bombing a convoy is going to war.

Is that hard to understand?

Of course, a truly informed question would have been to use your erudite strategy and ask why we just don't drone them.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Westside said:

Yet you have no problem when American soldiers were killed in Benghazi. I still remember you laughing about it. So, spare me your fake ass sympathy.

Lies. That’s all you got. 

8 minutes ago, sherpa said:

Not triggered at all.

Always funny how you assign nonsense, nonexistent emotions to people.

Why bother?

But, in the last couple weeks you have called me a coward, a liar and now an idiot.

All I suggest is that you are silly, uniformed and knowledge-less in this area.

Anyway, someone who would ask that question must have been living underground the last three weeks.

The US and its NATO allies have said they will not go to war over this.

Bombing a convoy is going to war.

Is that hard to understand?

Of course, a truly informed question would have been to use your erudite strategy and ask why we just don't drone them.

You are totally an emotional thinker 

Warhawks may get their wish.  

The images today have been incredibly heartbreaking, and the intensity has been ratcheted up.  

I now see every major news network openly advocating to get involved, directly, in war with Russia.  

The Five on Fox, one of the highest rated shows on tv… just now, Brian Kilmeade and Jeannine Pirro, both advocating for direct US involvement. 

Multiple politicians on Fox today calling for involvement as well. 

As this gets worse, these calls will increase. 

Biden isn’t strong enough to not give in, if the calls get louder and louder.  

I don’t know what the right thing to do is.  I’ll be honest.  I don’t know how we just sit here and watch this.   And I am definitely NOT a neo-con.  

But we clearly haven’t learned anything from seeing body bags and wounded warriors coming back from Afghanistan and Iraq.  

Edited by SCBills
  • Agree 2

33 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Lies. That’s all you got. 

You are totally an emotional thinker 

I spent two and a half years in the Pacific Fleet Adversaries after sea duty on Kitty Hawk.

Graduated rom TopGun as an adversary instructor, the "bad" guys who actually brief, lead a d debrief those sorties that people saw in the movie.

Flew against every US airplane, and some foreign ones, like Saudi F-15's and many Canadian detachments.

We all had lecture responsibilities. I taught Soviet and US air to air missiles and Soviet SAM systems in use at the time.

I can assure you, I can look at this with a cold and dispassionate focus.

What would get me emotional is that if US/NATO policy, already announced, is changed because of what clueless ratings grabbers emotionally rant about on ignorant talk shows, because in order to minimize death to our guys, those decisions would have needed to have been made a month ago by sober, knowledgeable, objective, responsible people.

Whatever you think, or whatever you call me is of absolutely no consequence.

• Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, sherpa said:

I spent two and a half years in the Pacific Fleet Adversaries after sea duty on Kitty Hawk.

Graduated rom TopGun as an adversary instructor, the "bad" guys who actually brief, lead a d debrief those sorties that people saw in the movie.

Flew against every US airplane, and some foreign ones, like Saudi F-15's and many Canadian detachments.

We all had lecture responsibilities. I taught Soviet and US air to air missiles and Soviet SAM systems in use at the time.

What would get me emotional is that if US/NATO policy, already announced, is changed because of what clueless ratings grabbers emotionally rant about on ignorant talk shows, because in order to minimize death to our guys, those decisions would have needed to have been made a month ago by sober, knowledgeable, objective, responsible people.

So lying emotional pilot?  :)

6 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

It’s funny how Trumpsters  are waving Regan banners nowadays 

just 12 months ago they were bowing before golden statues of Agent Orange 

also amazing they are not critical of his ongoing support of Putin.  

What in the name of god are you talking about?

Lots of news outlets seem to be confused by Russia not using their air force.  I'm starting to wonder if he is just biding his time for when EU, US, or NATO to decide to step in, and then unleash his air force and so on. 

Is Vlad just attempting to goad us into a fight?  What do you all think?

• Like (+1) 1

I'm not a registered Democrat or registered Republican.

I do want to ask a fundamental question that I think a lot of the 34% or so of independents and third party members want to ask.

Regardless of your political affiliation, if you want to see this war stopped, and I think we all do, we should ask the following questions.

• 1) If the USA wants to put a stop to the Russian invasion of Ukraine, then why doesn't it stop importing oil from Russia?
  • 2) Why don't Germany and the EU stop the flow of natural gas from Nord Stream 1, which bypasses Ukraine and Poland, to Germany, and by extension Europe?

Very simple question.

Also, if all banks are being banned from transactions to Russia, and all international settlements systems like SWIFT have been stopped, then how is the USA paying for this oil, and how is Germany/ EU paying for its natural gas?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Tenhigh said:

Tibs probably has a much more distinguished service record than you, thus giving him the chutzpah to call you those names.  @Tiberius, give is the the details please....

Well, I won’t make up a service record, that’s for sure, I am a vet. Nothing special, just an enlisted man. 

8 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Scum bags 

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, BillStime said:

I understand what they are trying to do, I just think they are confused.  This is just virtue signaling on their part, and I know there are a lot of people who would agree with it.  It's just really misguided.

7 minutes ago, ThurmanThomasEnglishMuffin said:

I do want to ask a fundamental question that I think a lot of the 34% or so of independents and third party members want to ask.

Regardless of your political affiliation, if you want to see this war stopped, and I think we all do, we should ask the following questions.

• 1) If the USA wants to put a stop to the Russian invasion of Ukraine, then why doesn't it stop importing oil from Russia?
  • 2) Why don't Germany and the EU stop the flow of natural gas from Nord Stream 1, which bypasses Ukraine and Poland, to Germany, and by extension Europe?

If I might....

Those are decisions made by politicians.

If you shock the energy market, you get very high prices that stifle economies and make civilians mad.

That anger is directed towards those same politicians that make those decisions, so they are averse to it as a job security issue.

The thing to do is rationally address it once this situation cools off.

For the US and the Dems, there is simply no excuse to keep stifling our clean nat gas energy options while perusing alternatives that extend beyond renewables to hydrogen and other options. 

1 hour ago, sherpa said:

Sure 

11 minutes ago, ThurmanThomasEnglishMuffin said:

Very simple question.

Also, if all banks are being banned from transactions to Russia, and all international settlements systems like SWIFT have been stopped, then how is the USA paying for this oil, and how is Germany/ EU paying for its natural gas?

They should.  This again is virtue signaling...  Lots of that going around these days.

They are paying for the oil through SWIFT still, there are only a few Russian banks blocked from SWIFT so they can all have their cake and eat it too.  None of our response makes much sense at this point.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, SCBills said:

Warhawks may get their wish.  

The images today have been incredibly heartbreaking, and the intensity has been ratcheted up.  

I now see every major news network openly advocating to get involved, directly, in war with Russia.  

The Five on Fox, one of the highest rated shows on tv… just now, Brian Kilmeade and Jeannine Pirro, both advocating for direct US involvement. 

Multiple politicians on Fox today calling for involvement as well. 

As this gets worse, these calls will increase. 

Biden isn’t strong enough to not give in, if the calls get louder and louder.  

I don’t know what the right thing to do is.  I’ll be honest.  I don’t know how we just sit here and watch this.   And I am definitely NOT a neo-con.  

But we clearly haven’t learned anything from seeing body bags and wounded warriors coming back from Afghanistan and Iraq.  

Were they calling for a no fly zone or something else? 

4 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Well, I won’t make up a service record, that’s for sure, I am a vet. Nothing special, just an enlisted man. 

Nothing wrong with that, but nobody should die unnecessarily based on a whiplash political decision the result of grossly ignorant talk shows.

• Like (+1) 1