Democracy’s Fiery Ordeal: The War in Ukraine 🇺🇦

Tiberius

10 hours ago, SCBills said:

If this was happening on the continent of Africa, we wouldn’t be involved.. and you know it.   

If a democratic nation was being attacked by an authoritarian one? I would hope so. We did negotiate the peace between Israel and Egypt

But you deflect, we can take the situation in Ukraine as it is and make a decision. You are for appeasement, I am not. 

You are aware that Putin attacked our voting system in 2016, right? So we are really aiding a country that is fighting a common enemy. 

I wonder, is it BECAUSE Putin attacked the Democratic Party specifically that you want him appeased? Reward him for trying to undermine our democracy is your motivation? 

10 hours ago, SCBills said:

Yes.   I think working out a deal between Ukraine and Russia over long disputed land in Crimea and the Donbas, along with negotiations on NATO expansion is preferable for most involved over a long, drawn out war that will end up in (at minimum) more death and destruction and (at most) a global realignment and WW3. 

This is fine, but you want to negotiate with a kidnapper while he holds Ukraine hostage. Your literal argument is to stop allowing Ukraine the ability to defend itself and that will be better. I consider that abhorrent, unacceptable. It's pro-Putin, like Trump 

On 6/11/2023 at 10:25 PM, SCBills said:

If this was happening on the continent of Africa, we wouldn’t be involved.. and you know it.  

Yes.   I think working out a deal between Ukraine and Russia over long disputed land in Crimea and the Donbas, along with negotiations on NATO expansion is preferable for most involved over a long, drawn out war that will end up in (at minimum) more death and destruction and (at most) a global realignment and WW3. 

You're right, and that doesn't make our indifference to Africa right.  But the strategic interests relative to Ukraine are vastly different from those at issue in, say, Namibia. 

On 6/11/2023 at 2:58 PM, SCBills said:

Then you should wish for the war to stop and for America to stop funding the proxy war “just enough” for perpetual conflict. 

The Ukrainian govt is forcing their fathers and sons to fight, many against their will.  

Russian citizens are also thrown into the meat grinder against their will.  

If you’re going to respond with “Russia can retreat and stop the war whenever”.. well, that’s not going to happen.  

I also think you vastly overestimate the humanity from the Ukrainian side .. they are not, and have not for years, been innocent in all this. 

As usual, NATO expansion and the MIC destroys another region of the world. 

Of course I would like the war to stop for those of us that I’ve seen war it’s not pretty the visions that you get of soldiers looking all gung ho to go into a war zone. Well it doesn’t really exist. Just a job that Hass to be done.

And yes, this is a proxy war. NATO is looking for out for its interests in the region by helping Ukraine.

The alternative to that, however, is that we pull back our support and Russia curb stops Ukraine and takes it over

Now I want you to think about something here if Russia takes over Ukraine, it is now directly on a NATO border and Russia does not believe that just Ukraine should be part of it country you are literally one step away from World War III at that point and we would still be sending resources to the region to secure that border as part of NATO

On 6/11/2023 at 7:25 PM, SCBills said:

You don’t get it Russia wants it all they’re not going to stop at Crimea and the Don bus

Putin views, the whole continent, as should be under Russian control

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, John from Riverside said:

You don’t get it Russia wants it all they’re not going to stop at Crimea and the Don bus

The media and hawks love to say that. but to many it reads like the same old war for energy and geopolitical one ups.  Crimea from the Black Sea military port, to the Energy lines that run right through the disputed region and get shipped through Crimea.  Blowing the Nord Pipe line made that source even more important.

but your correct. this is about some empire building, not the usual Energy/Military industrial complex wag the dog excursion.

The Ukrainian Volunteer Army (UDA) is a volunteer military formation created in 2015 by Dmytro Yarosh, a former leader of the Right Sector movement123. The UDA units are under the direct command of the Armed Forces of Ukraine and some participate in the war in Donbas against pro-Russian separatists and Russian intervention234. The UDA is based on former units of the Ukrainian Volunteer Corps (DUK), which was founded in 2014 as one of the volunteer battalions that emerged from the Euromaidan protests14. The UDA defines itself as a formation of Ukrainian citizens and foreigners who share the ideology of Ukrainian nationalism14. The UDA is part of a broader civil volunteer movement that supports and assists the army and the war-affected areas

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

Russia can’t even get through eastern Ukraine, but I’m supposed to believe they want the smoke with all of NATO. 

Ok…

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Russia can’t even get through eastern Ukraine, but I’m supposed to believe they want the smoke with all of NATO. 

Ok…

They’re not getting through there because of the support that they’re receiving from NATO. If we withdrew our support, this war would be going very differently.

And don’t conflate what Putin is willing to do with what the common sense thing would be to do he invaded a sovereign country Which wasn’t smart to begin with

If Russia takes Ukraine, they’re right on NATO borders and Putin has already made statements in the past about what his broader intentions are

It doesn’t matter if he can’t win it matters that he’s willing to sacrifice his armies, and that he has nuclear weapons

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

I generally hate posting tweets, but Musk lets me without having to join twitter.  Good for him I guess. 

Yevgeniy Prigozhin is the founder and commander of Wagner Mercenary group, "Private Military Contractors" for the politically correct. It's his guys that took Soledar and Bakhmut. 

He gives a quick summary of Ukraine's operations so far. Watch for yourselves, it ain't that long. 

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

This is the slowest small incursion in the history of small incursions. 

It's a Floyd Saturday!

Or this one that just came up on my morning playlist...

Edited by BillsFanNC
  • Agree 1