Bills offense compared to 2020 by the numbers, and they may shock you.

FireChans

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

5 trips to the RZ and 2 TD, plus an INT deep in our own territory leading to a TENN TD

allen went for 360 and 3 td if i'm not mistaken. they scored 31 and moved the ball at will on the final drive up until the freak 4th down play.... did you honestly come away from that game disappointed in the offense? other than the botched sneak? ..... thats odd to me.

1 minute ago, Stank_Nasty said:

allen went for 360 and 3 td if i'm not mistaken. they scored 31 and moved the ball at will on the final drive up until the freak 4th down play.... did you honestly come away from that game disappointed in the offense? other than the botched sneak? ..... thats odd to me.

Yes, I honestly did...I'm not trying to say they sucked, but they missed a lot of opportunities that would have put the game away.  It was a story of our offense most of the season that we struggled in the Red Zone.  The stats you quote are one reason I feel stats don't tell the whole story.

Of course, I was more disappointed in the defense, but "other than that Mrs Lincoln, how did you like the play?" other than the long Henry run they did a decent job on Henry, actually.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Nothing here is "that serious", but since your response suggests I was 🎯, I respectfully suggest you re-visit what being a fan means to you

It means rooting for the laundry, but also trying to be as objective as possible.

Daboll oversaw the second and third best offenses in the NFL. He was a super hot head coaching candidate for 2 offseason. Sorry for thinking that’s pretty good and that he shouldn’t be fired. And not being sure that Ken Dorsey is going to be way better than that.

7 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

Correct. Too sad and pitiful to be taken seriously.

Your answer is precisely the sort of thing that pwned people say.

6 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

He loves crusades...

Do you guys have a meeting where you talk about me? You three are always showing up at the exact same time. @Alphadawg7 can you invite me to the group chat bro?

The main reason I felt less confident heading into the playoffs in 2021 than 2020 was that in 2020 we were good in close games. In 2021 we were almost historically poor in one score games (for a division winner) and in the playoffs eventually it almost always comes down to a one score game at one point or another. 

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

You’re in here desperately trying to sell this agenda that last years team was better in regular season while admitting this post seasons team was definitely better.

The ridiculousness of that is astounding even for you.  I mean who cares about splitting hairs over regular season?  You do because you can’t do it over the post season, yet the only thing that matters is the post season.  And this years post season team was dominant while last years was not.  

Love that you and everyone were whining we squandered a SB this year while last years team was out classed and didn’t belong in the SB.  Then have audacity to try and get some LAMP points about splitting hairs over a regular season comparison?  Lmao, that’s weak even for you.

"yet the only thing that matters is the post season"

Manage more than 6 points vs the worst team in the league and that game against KC is in Buffalo.

1 hour ago, FireChans said:

It means rooting for the laundry, but also trying to be as objective as possible.

Daboll oversaw the second and third best offenses in the NFL. He was a super hot head coaching candidate for 2 offseason. Sorry for thinking that’s pretty good and that he shouldn’t be fired. And not being sure that Ken Dorsey is going to be way better than that.

Do you guys have a meeting where you talk about me? You three are always showing up at the exact same time. @Alphadawg7 can you invite me to the group chat bro?

Youre the one trying to clout chase while lamping and @ me, so yeah, this post is about as ridiculous as your intent.  

Edited by Alphadawg7

2 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Yeah, I guess we are talking about you a bit. 

There's a guy down the street who I generally talk about dog dirt a lot with, because there's one area where we see a lot of it. 

Just now, WNYFAN1 said:

"yet the only thing that matters is the post season"

Manage more than 6 points vs the worst team in the league and that game against KC is in Buffalo.

Bengals lost to the Jets.  They are in the Super Bowl after winning at KC.  Yeah, doesn’t matter.  

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Yes, I honestly did...I'm not trying to say they sucked, but they missed a lot of opportunities that would have put the game away.  It was a story of our offense most of the season that we struggled in the Red Zone.  The stats you quote are one reason I feel stats don't tell the whole story.

Of course, I was more disappointed in the defense, but "other than that Mrs Lincoln, how did you like the play?" other than the long Henry run they did a decent job on Henry, actually.

i agree they missed opportunities but the bottom line there for me is they went for 30+ and were doing what they wanted in crunch time before an all pro caliber player made a freak once in a season play... but i'll leave it at that. i personally just cant really put much on the offense there.

its a tough game to stomach in general because a once in a career play(for allen) changed the whole complexion of the playoffs. the guy was 29 for 30 up to that point on sneaks with the only mishap being a botches snap... those freakish instances seemed to be a theme this year 🙄

4 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

i agree they missed opportunities but the bottom line there for me is they went for 30+ and were doing what they wanted in crunch time before an all pro caliber player made a freak once in a season play... but i'll leave it at that. i personally just cant really put much on the offense there.

its a tough game to stomach in general because a once in a career play(for allen) changed the whole complexion of the playoffs. the guy was 29 for 30 up to that point on sneaks with the only mishap being a botches snap... those freakish instances seemed to be a theme this year 🙄

I wasn't trying to say the offense sucked or finger them for the loss or anything.  The OP I was responding to asked "what was wrong with the offense in the Tennessee game" and I answered: poor red zone efficiency and a pick in our own red zone, that's what.

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

But he is right. Beat a couple of teams we should have beaten and KC were coming to us for a change. 

And I’m right too.  Bengals lost to the Jets and some others they should have beat.  Still in SB, still won in KC.  And we beat KC twice in KC until our team decided to give the game away in 13 seconds in a series of mental errors by our coaching staff.  

Sorry, this flat out isn’t an acceptable excuse.  We didn’t have home field last year either, it’s a silly argument here.  And we didn’t exactly defend our home turf great either this year, so it’s not like we were undefeated and we had some big edge at home.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

And I’m right too.  Bengals lost to the Jets and some others they should have beat.  Still in SB, still won in KC.  And we beat KC twice in KC until our team decided to give the game away in 13 seconds in a series of mental errors by our coaching staff.  

Sorry, this flat out isn’t an acceptable excuse.  We didn’t have home field last year either, it’s a silly argument here.  And we didn’t exactly defend our home turf great either this year, so it’s not like we were undefeated and we had some big edge at home.  

Yes indeed, but the Bills were targeting the 1 seed. You have a route without the 1 seed. You have an easier route with it. 

1 hour ago, Ayjent said:

Allen is a clutch player that has been up to the bigger moments.  I know people have mixed feelings about Gabe Davis, but he really steps up his game in the playoffs as well.  The Bills need more players ready for those big moments, especially on D.  I think Spencer Brown is going to be another stud and is going to come into his own in the next year or two as one of the best tackles in the game.  He is athletic, huge, has a nastiness to him and is a perfect compliment to what should be an emerging identity for the Offense to be tough and very talented.  I would love to see them pick up an interior lineman in the draft, and the best defensive player available because they are going to start needing to feed the pipeline as players age out and/or get too expensive (DT, S, LB).  I'd also love to see them pick up a physical back like Dameon Pierce who may not have eye popping stats while at Florida, but is an absolute beast in his lower body, has good vision, and will likely see more success in the NFL.  He's also a good blocker, especially in the passing game and is a decent receiver.   

Davis is going to be a stud...his playing time was reduced due to Sanders this year...next year will be a breakout year for him I think. 

People keep saying he isn't that fast but dude averages almost 17 YPC for his career, up there with the best deep threats in the game...clearly he gets separation on those routes.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

Last year the Bills never lost a game in 13 FREAKING seconds while leading, this may shock you!

Just a friendly note

Idk, the Cardinals game was a pretty similar situation. Josh Allen drives the length of the field to score the go ahead TD, and then the defense pukes all over itself.

• Like (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Yes indeed, but the Bills were targeting the 1 seed. You have a route without the 1 seed. You have an easier route with it. 

Every team targets the 1 seed though, not sure how that changes anything.  We weren’t the 1 seed last year either.

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Youre the one trying to clout chase while lamping and @ me, so yeah, this post is about as ridiculous as your intent.  

1 hour ago, Thurman#1 said:

Yeah, I guess we are talking about you a bit. 

There's a guy down the street who I generally talk about dog dirt a lot with, because there's one area where we see a lot of it. 

53 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

What can I say, great minds think alike...and different than yours...

The boys love me

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.