Will Tre's loss galvanize this team?

Success

On 11/26/2021 at 4:07 PM, Success said:

This season has been a weird one, and there has been something off in most games that most of us haven't been able to put our fingers on.  A Jags defender noted it in that game - the team hasn't seemed as hungry, and at times has even looked disinterested.

Today is an earthquake.  I've gotta believe that every player on that team is thinking, "how do we overcome this?  What more can I do to offset this?"

It HAS happened that teams lose great players, and then go on incredible runs.  This has happened in all sports, and it isn't that rare.

We still have one of the best safety tandems in the league, and decent DB's overall.  It won't be night & day in terms of pass coverage. The Bills can overcome this, and maybe they can use it for the extra motivation it seems like they've needed since September.

I don’t think anything good comes out of the Tre injury.  But it’s quite possible that the Bills (and McDermott specifically) might have to chance their philosophy. Tre’s absence makes them a bit more vulnerable at corner.  Rather than coaching defensively, I think they may realize that need to score more points and can’t protect a lead.    

Like others said, nothing good immediately comes from losing an all pro like Tre.

But an eye toward the future, this gives Dane a chance to show what he has.  Imo, Levi has proven he's a starter in the NFL.  No guarantee we resign him.  This gives Jackson "an extended interview", and could prove he's a viable #2 going into next season.  Lots of variables at this position, ie: is Tre ready early in 2022, do we resign Levi, do we draft a CB early. etc.  Bottom line the main positive is that this gives Jackson time to show what he has and the staff extra film to determine how to handle CB heading into 2022.

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 11/26/2021 at 4:07 PM, Success said:

This season has been a weird one, and there has been something off in most games that most of us haven't been able to put our fingers on.  A Jags defender noted it in that game - the team hasn't seemed as hungry, and at times has even looked disinterested.

Today is an earthquake.  I've gotta believe that every player on that team is thinking, "how do we overcome this?  What more can I do to offset this?"

It HAS happened that teams lose great players, and then go on incredible runs.  This has happened in all sports, and it isn't that rare.

We still have one of the best safety tandems in the league, and decent DB's overall.  It won't be night & day in terms of pass coverage. The Bills can overcome this, and maybe they can use it for the extra motivation it seems like they've needed since September.

No offense, but how many wake up calls, how many good losses , how many starters must this team lose to galvanize these guys to play .Iike last years AFC East champs who were one win away from the SB?   How do they go from being SB favorites from the AFC, having control of the east , with their goal of hosting the AFC  championship game, to now every game carrying the weight of playoff games and just moved oit of the last playoff spot up to third ending the Pats/ Titans game !   How do their wins come from playing teams that are terrible , many playiing wirh backup QBs  while their loses ( excluding Jax, who actually did have a strong d line performance) habe been from potential playoff teams with strong running attacks?   We had supposedly a “ bye” month as die hard fan nous called it and managed to lose 2/ 3 of those games before beating the lowly Jets and Saints.  

Now you are saying we need losing the most talented member of our secondary as a positive, finally galvanizing event to kick off our SB potential run!?   Dose that sound realistic to you : aren’t these guys Pros who throw that term out any time they are asked about loses and that they flush them quickly so it seems loses carry little weight ,as they  get paid highly despite wins / loses for the most part , and now with an extra excuse to further defend poor defensive play against good teams we should expect the team to kick it up a notch in honor of Tre?     Wow.  We have already lost more games than last year and we are facing the toughest part of our schedule!  you are truly a glass is half full kind of guy ; God bless you!  If it happens, I want to talk to you about helping me with future investments!   I really hope your optimism is rewarded , but I’m kind of at the point that records matter(7-4) and now they have to show me against a hot , arguably better coached pats team and last years Super Bowl champs with Brady ( who will zero in on tres replacement) at their home field that they can win. Sorry, it’s time to quit platitudes and play to the talent level they think , claim each week they have!  Happy holidays! 

On 11/26/2021 at 1:07 PM, Success said:

Oh I agree. We can only hope Diggs goes down too for extra motivation. 

• Eyeroll 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.