Our oven died right in the middle of cooking the turkey

Draconator

19 minutes ago, Draconator said:

Have to put in Trubitsky I guess. Or my wife will have to go to my inlaws to finish cooking the turkey. 

Peca's house sell yet?  Might be able to use that oven, if the sale hasn't closed.

There's also a 'Vinyl Cafe' story relating to having a hotel preparing a turkey, but damned if I can remember it right now.

We did. Nothing was tripped. However, a breaker on a wall plugged was popped. We reset that, and the oven started working again. So the plug that the oven is plugged into is connected to that wall plug. All is working. Just a Delay of Game on turkey. 

22 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Peca's house sell yet?  Might be able to use that oven, if the sale hasn't closed.

There's also a 'Vinyl Cafe' story relating to having a hotel preparing a turkey, but damned if I can remember it right now.

That closed a couple of months ago. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Draconator said:

We did. Nothing was tripped. However, a breaker on a wall plugged was popped. We reset that, and the oven started working again. So the plug that the oven is plugged into is connected to that wall plug. All is working. Just a Delay of Game on turkey. 

Glad to hear turkey prep is back on track!

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Draconator said:

I didn't think that had to be code.  Oven and refrigerators on GFCI... I can see oven, but refrigerator would have spoiled food with nusaince trips...

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Muppy said:

hubby is using the backyard smoker for our bird (turkey whole 15 pounder) . Daughter in law is pescatarian so she gets smoked salmon...poor girl nuthin LOL

It's too cold for a smoker here in Buffalo. 

Well, it's not really, but I'm a cold weather wimp. 

9 minutes ago, Draconator said:

It's too cold for a smoker here in Buffalo. 

Well, it's not really, but I'm a cold weather wimp. 

living in socal would make a weather wimp out of anyone I think if/when Im back in WNY in winter Ima gonna freeze my patooties off....But I honesly cant wait. Maybe 2022............not gonna even jinx it. HA! GO BILLS!~!~!~!!!!!

26 minutes ago, Muppy said:

living in socal would make a weather wimp out of anyone I think if/when Im back in WNY in winter Ima gonna freeze my patooties off....But I honesly cant wait. Maybe 2022............not gonna even jinx it. HA! GO BILLS!~!~!~!!!!!

I lived in Walnut Creek for 13 years. Many, many times in Desert Hot Springs, LA, San Diego.

28 minutes ago, Dukestreetking said:

Drac: crank up the amp, and bass that sucker back to life. Your playing is energy itself!

Thank you so much!!!!

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

Throw it on the grill!

That wasn't a bad idea! I would have to run to get more propane, and get the grill out of storage, but that would have been no problem. 

3 hours ago, Draconator said:

that’s classic— sounds like my house, where we have a million people crammed in together, plugging in every random thing in the run-up to the big meal. 

2 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

that’s classic— sounds like my house, where we have a million people crammed in together, plugging in every random thing in the run-up to the big meal. 

That's my wife right now. 9 people for dinner. A feast shall commence shortly.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Draconator said:

How’d it turn out?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.