MNF: Rams at Niners

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

Trading for Von Miller on the last year of his contract is an all-in this year move. It made no sense. I doubt they can afford him next year. They have about $6 million in cap space in 2022. At least they won't have to worry about signing draft picks. That's a plus.

I originally said 2 years because Stafford becomes a free agent after next season and he'll be 35 at that point. That's a 2 year window to win with non-elite QB play and from there it gets worse. By then they will have a serious lack of depth and more contracts coming due. It's a very weird strategy.

They’ll probably trade for Aaron Rodgers by that point.

All that matters is that in 2018, we heard they couldn’t keep trading picks and they were “all in.” Here we are, 3 years later, 1 game back from the one seed again. 

If you are sitting here telling me the Rams strategy has not worked since McVay got hired, you are flat out point blank WRONG. If you are telling me that eventually their roster will age out and they will pay the Piper, of course they will. But so does every team. The Pats had to retool their roster 3-4 times with Brady. The Falcons and the Eagles went all in and had to blow everything up 2 years later. The Bills are NO DIFFERENT. When guys like Tre’s and Josh’s and Oliver’s contracts get larger and they get older, we will be forced to retool. That’s the story of the NFL.

2 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

You evidently believe they are year after year.  If they were they would win their division more often and make the playoffs every year.

I'll leave you to your opinions.

They have missed the playoffs once since hiring McVay and they went 9-7.  Won the NFC championship game. .500 record in the postseason.

So yes. 

Imagine thinking McVay and the Rams haven’t been good lol. As a Bills fan!

They have lost 23 games over 5 years lolololol

Edited by FireChans

4 minutes ago, Talley56 said:

I was all too curious so I had to look it up.  And what do you know, look who the last team was they beat at home:

image.thumb.png.5134906a828fa6ad9f111ccbc68ff6bf.png

well that just makes me wonder when was the last time they won at home against a team that wasn't the Rams.

Oh right 2019 NFC Championship game.

Edited by Warcodered

10 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

I must have remembered wrong cause Schwartz never gave them a top five d. So maybe Stafford only ever had a top five d once? 

I believe under Schwartz they were top 10. They had Suh in his prime and they still couldn’t win anything. Stafford has been average to mediocre most of his career. He’s only gotten somewhat of a pass because he played for Detroit. 

12 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

But did they spend all of their draft picks and toast their cap space to do it?

No they did not. They spent a 4th round pick on Fournette. They took a risk on Gronk being out of football shape and Brown being a locker room cancer.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.